$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

What would maybe make the league more competitive is a draft system. But unlike in American sports you actually get more picks if you do better rather than getting rewarded for not winning a game all season. Tbh I don't really get how transfers work in american sports, or how the franchise system works in terms of teams nicking players of each other but I'm sure there is a better way than the sugar daddy 'arms race' as Stan called it. As the system stands though, clubs are unscrupulous and not just Man City look at Real and Barca starving the rest of La Liga of TV money. Man Utd have whored themselves out to China, advertising you name it.

What would maybe make the league more competitive is a draft system. But unlike in American sports you actually get more picks if you do better rather than getting rewarded for not winning a game all season. Tbh I don't really get how transfers work in american sports, or how the franchise system works in terms of teams nicking players of each other but I'm sure there is a better way than the sugar daddy 'arms race' as Stan called it. As the system stands though, clubs are unscrupulous and not just Man City look at Real and Barca starving the rest of La Liga of TV money. Man Utd have whored themselves out to China, advertising you name it.

In the US, the league owns the teams - In football, the teams own the league.

In the US, the league owns the teams - In football, the teams own the league.

Also as far as I know, teams rarely pay money for the players, they transfer players-for-players and the existing contracts move to the new team - if player has two years left on contract for 4 million per year, the new team is bound by it. Money for player does happen but that's pretty rare at least in NHL.

So right - Atletico and Dortmund are prime examples. Achieve any kind of success and the perennial big boys will strip the team apart.

I personally blame the Atari ST. Before that, people had to wait an age for their tape sourced computer game to load - and they'd play it anyway even if it was shit, mainly because they had waited a week for it to load.

Then the disc drive came along!

Bring in CD's and people had random access to all the tracks on an album. No long did you have to listen to the whole thing, just play the tracks you know then **** the album off!

Fast forward to Play Stations and XBox, and no one has any patience for anything!!  

Instant gratification is all that matters. Dan kids!!

Yeah, Atari ST was shit, Commodore's Amiga was superior! **** ATARI!

-regards, Amiga User.

:D

I had an Amiga 500 after the ST - with the Batman pack, Batman, New Zealand Story and Deluxe Paint 2.

tumblr_ma3ndmDVRP1rf9npxo1_500.gif

• Like 2

I'm a guest. (Using the App. Cant find a way to log in with Facebook)

Keep refreshing. It's like deadline day! Except it could drag on months. And we might be involved.

Welcome Sam, join the party, it'll be going on a few weeks I reckon!

So right - Atletico and Dortmund are prime examples. Achieve any kind of success and the perennial big boys will strip the team apart.

I personally blame the Atari ST. Before that, people had to wait an age for their tape sourced computer game to load - and they'd play it anyway even if it was shit, mainly because they had waited a week for it to load.

Bring in CD's and people had random access to all the tracks on an album. No long did you have to listen to the whole thing, just play the tracks you know then **** the album off!

Fast forward to Play Stations and XBox, and no one has any patience for anything!!  

-regards, Amiga User.

I had an Amiga 500 after the ST - with the Batman pack, Batman, New Zealand Story and Deluxe Paint 2.

Mine came with New Zealand Story and that F18 Interceptor game.

-regards, Amiga User.

tumblr_ma3ndmDVRP1rf9npxo1_500.gif

You guys didn't have a discdrive for the C64? :) How sad ;)

Growing organically doesn't work.

Look at Southampton.

Bale, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain - all gone before the age of of 18.

Lallana and Shaw - bids made for them within 24 hours of the season ending.

I don't see anybody taking Man City's best players.

Surely the fact that they've gone from League 1 to top 8 Premier League in 5 years shows it does work? Add the £40m or so they'll probably get for Shaw and Lallana and if they spend it wisely this summer, they could end up even better next year.

-regards, Amiga User.

Mine came with New Zealand Story and that F18 Interceptor game.

I forgot about the F18 Interceptor game!

tumblr_mmxsbpYcqZ1qe4o8wo1_1280.jpg

FA-18_Interceptor_Coverart.png

Loving how Arsenal are deemed to be doing things organically. Charging two grand for the shit seat season tickets and 20 quid for a bottle of water isn't organic, it's ripping off the fans. Sadly they seem more than happy to pay it.

Would rather a billionaire came in and paid for us to be successful rather than see the fans wallets take a monstrous bashing.

My take on this is rather more positive than some. Ultimately, despite the current uncertainty, it is good to know that Lambert and Lerner both accept that we deserve better and that things need to change. That is far better than a simple sacking of the manager, followed by realising whoever comes in is also hamstrung by restrictive finances.

This statement might mean a sale is imminent - it might not. But despite a period of limbo, better times are coming. I'm absolutely sure of it.

• Like 2