$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Pat murphy tweet,

Keith Harris,investment banker who finessed Lerner's takeover of Villa in '06 on board again for sale,along with Merrill Lynch.RL trusts him

Understand Harris starting from scratch,that RL doesn't have buyer up his sleeve.Any deal wouldn't go ahead without Harris' recommendation

I really don't believe that there is currently no interest, or that Randy woke up this morning and called up his banker mates to get the ball rolling. This has been going on for a while IMO.

What about if Randy has been trying to sell us on the quiet for a couple of years with no takers - realising that relegation is a distinct possibility next season - this is his last ditch effort to sell us a top flight club ? 

Ok i'm usually an optimist..but that post is soberingly probable  :mellow:

I too can't believe there's at least a couple of interested parties...but after Lerner appointed McLeish and the general clueless way we've been run for the past three years I guess that is possible no matter how much I don't want to think it's true.

Okay I need a second.

So last year we made a loss of £50m. Sounds bad

However

The new tv deal based on 15th is worth another £42m is it not?

Add to that we expect Hutton, Ireland, Bent and Given off the books, their salaries alone (average at £50k a week) is £11m+?

In short we are going to be in the black next year are we not? Or at least very very close to it?

Assuming season tickets and ticket costs are adjusted to increase in running costs 3-4% increase.

So to an investor, do they wait for those accounts? (When do they get released)

Or would Randy allow serious interest to have a look at las test accounts and think "okay they are breaking even cost wise, I will get involved"...

Anyone with a brain sees the playing squad needs big money £100m+ and an increase to the max salaries on offer. So is avfc attractive (very) if latest figures show we are indeed on a level keel?

Lerner will have to spend at least a bit if there's no sale. He'll know as well as anybody that relegation will knock a lot off the value of the club.

He would but there would still be a massive air of uncertainty surrounding the club. I think the form since the takeover rumours leaked would most likely continue.

But I think a sale is as good as done anyway.

For me this is what I feared most, hence staying quiet on the speculation.

If we don't get a buyer quickly and I very much doubt we will (not many would buy into the money pit in a rush) then we will be in limbo, stuck with a poor manager and a very under strength squad. I really can't see Lerner sanctioning any transfers in unless there isn't any buyers in the offing, even then it would probably be more cheap dross.

I really hope that the sale is much further on than it appears to be.

This is why I think a deal is a lot closer than we think. No way is Lerner going to risk the chance of still being owner for next season with the state the squad has been left in. He will no full well relegation is very likely and then his loss's will be hugh!

A deal we'll be done sooner rather than later.

But Lerner may not have a choice - if there's no buyer, there is no buyer ? -  you seem to be implying he should look harder for one - but what happens if no one wants to buy us ?

Phil Williams ‏@PhilWilliams

Just spoken to Doug Ellis. He told me he's heard a deal's been done for Villa with an American. Hear it at 23.15 on @bbc5live

Has he gone through the mandatory tattoo check? We wouldn't want to hand the keys over to just anyone now.

I bet dougs revelling in this - a chance of the limelight, that he thought had passed him by......

Hope he's right though !

If we don't get a buyer quickly and I very much doubt we will (not many would buy into the money pit in a rush) then we will be in limbo, stuck with a poor manager and a very under strength squad. I really can't see Lerner sanctioning any transfers in unless there isn't any buyers in the offing, even then it would probably be more cheap dross.

This is why I think a deal is a lot closer than we think. No way is Lerner going to risk the chance of still being owner for next season with the state the squad has been left in. He will no full well relegation is very likely and then his loss's will be hugh!

But Lerner may not have a choice - if there's no buyer, there is no buyer ? - you seem to be implying he should look harder for one - but what happens if no one wants to buy us ?

I'm not implying he should look harder I'm implying that a deal is already on the cards.

But Lerner may not have a choice - if there's no buyer, there is no buyer ? - you seem to be implying he should look harder for one - but what happens if no one wants to buy us ?

I'm not implying he should look harder I'm implying that a deal is already on the cards.

What you said was 'No way will Lerner risk being the owner next season'  - but if no buyer comes forward he doesn't have a choice.

Phil Williams ‏@PhilWilliams

Just spoken to Doug Ellis. He told me he's heard a deal's been done for Villa with an American. Hear it at 23.15 on @bbc5live

TBAR have been saying this for weeks.

Who is Phil Williams ?

He has a blue tick on twitter which proves hes verified hes alaso a villa fan and reports on 5live of a evening

What you said was 'No way will Lerner risk being the owner next season'  - but if no buyer comes forward he doesn't have a choice.

I dont think we're waiting for a buyer to come forward, it's likely well beyond that stage

I dont think we're waiting for a buyer to come forward, it's likely well beyond that stage

Dunno - Hope youre right though......

What you said was 'No way will Lerner risk being the owner next season' - but if no buyer comes forward he doesn't have a choice.

I mean the bigger picture. The lack of investment last summer and in particularly in January. I don't think the investment would be that minimal if he wasn't confidence the club is to be sold. Hey just my opinion. I'll be very surprised if there is not new owners announced in the next few weeks.