$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Of course, the new CEO could have been all a part of the rumoured takeover which fell through, and we jumped the gun a little in getting rid of Faulkner. So we could have no new owner on the horizon and no CEO.. just in case there wasn't enough negativity here, I thought I'd add a little.

Of course, the new CEO could have been all a part of the rumoured takeover which fell through, and we jumped the gun a little in getting rid of Faulkner. So we could have no new owner on the horizon and no CEO.. just in case there wasn't enough negativity here, I thought I'd add a little.

There may have been interest which come to nothing - but I don't believe any proposed takeover was ever in place.  

When a sale of an organization and the complete upheaval that portends is on the cards, EVERYTHING upper level people do is connected and relevant somehow.

Every decision is impacted by the winds of that anticipated change. Trying to read from the decisions to see what the pressures were influencing those decisions, is very difficult,

But I have no doubt the pressures of the sale played their role in PF walking suddenly. I wish I knew particulars of his contract, if there's a mandatory delay to him working for another club for example.

If there was a need by Randy Lerner to have kept Paul Faulkner he would have done.

There are many decisions that have been made by many....we don't know who made the good and bad ones and probably never will.

.......we go again.

OBE

I was told by someone at Stoke in December that Falkner was hankering after a position within the FA. My gut instinct is that he knew Lerner was bailing out, knew nobody else would be stupid enough to leave him in charge of a PL club, so began looking for pastures new.

For me, it points to Lerner putting him in the picture at the earliest opportunity.

Someone posted on another forum that they'd heard a rumour that HS2 going through BMH is potential stumbling block to any deal.

Edit: I say any deal I don't know if he meant any potential deal or a specific deal that's being worked on.

Edited by useless

Someone posted on another forum that they'd heard a rumour that HS2 going through BMH is potential stumbling block to any deal.

Edit: I say any deal I don't know if he meant any potential deal or a specific deal that's being worked on.

HS2 is?

High Speed 2 is a planned high-speed railway between London Euston, the English Midlands, North West England, Yorkshire, and potentially North East England and the Central Belt of Scotland.

Apparently  we're seeking compensation if it goes ahead.

High Speed 2 is a planned high-speed railway between London Euston, the English Midlands, North West England, Yorkshire, and potentially North East England and the Central Belt of Scotland.

Apparently we're seeking compensation if it goes ahead.

Surely it would be positive for a new buyer? Easier access to London
  • Like 1

They guy who posted it suggested that the rumour he heard was that if it went ahead BMH would need relocating and that's what the compensation is all about.

Edited by useless

I think it's true that it goes through BMH but I'm not sure if it goes straight through it. I'm sure it's something that any new owners will want to work out, but I guess that's something for the future.

I doubt that would be true as the government would have to pay good compensation if that were the case, with which it could quite simply be built elsewhere.

Edited by Isa

I've seen the plans and they're available on line. HS2 cuts a very small corner off Bodymoor heath. A plot no bigger than a tennis court. They'll barely notice it happening.

You must play on some bloody big tennis courts.

BAlb5GP.png

I've seen the plans and they're available on line. HS2 cuts a very small corner off Bodymoor heath. A plot no bigger than a tennis court. They'll barely notice it happening.

You must play on some bloody big tennis courts.

BAlb5GP.png

Looking on my phone but that looks like a different map to what I have seen online, well the hs2 line is routed slightly different cutting through less of the field.

Blimey, that's different to what I'd seen too - originally I think they were just cutting a corner, that one takes out a training pitch or two. Still doubt it would be enough to affect a takeover, as there'd be no need to relocate.

An article in the mail saying we could be sold within the month. No quotes by anyone of any importance though!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/aston-villa-takeover-could-month-7508514

Stockbroker says negotiations over a sale were likely to last at least three months - with intense activity behind the scenes

A new owner of Aston Villa could emerge ‘within a month’ following a close season of intense behind the scenes negotiations with potential buyers, it was claimed today.

Stockbroker Peter Knowles poured scorn on fears that Randy Lerner’s attempts to sell Villa had been thwarted by the reported price tag of £200m to £250 million.

He said any negotiations over a sale were likely to last at least three months – with professional advisers and legal experts carrying out due diligence checks on prospective owners.

And Mr Knowles said the Villa sale was certain to be undertaken in a highly professional manner – unlike the “off the back of a fag packet” style of jailed Blues owner Carson Yeung.

“I would have thought that something could happen in the next month if there are serious people out there. Villa are a Premier League club, they receive Sky money and they are not heavily geared like Manchester United.

“If people have shown interest then they will have signed memoranda of understanding and Randy Lerner’s advisers Merrill Lynch will have been checking to see if they have got the money. People want to own a football club and they think they have got a lot of money but often they have not.

“I do not think I would be concerned by the price. In any case, these people often do not pay with their own money – they borrow and it is all geared.

“If somebody turns around and says ‘I will pay you this’ for a club, the process would be at least three months. The advisers will want to make half a million out of it.

“Randy Lerner will want his advisers to do things the right way rather than, say, Carson Yeung, off the back of a fag packet. Something is going on in the background – I am sure there are people out there who want to buy Villa.”

Lerner, who bought the club from Doug Ellis for £62.6 million in 2006, has said he wants it to go to a “good custodian” and in May appointed Bank of America Merrill Lynch to conduct the sale.

An article in the mail saying we could be sold within the month. No quotes by anyone of any importance though!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/aston-villa-takeover-could-month-7508514

All that seems to say is that we could be sold within a month if there was a buyer in place or someone seriously interested a few months back. But as far as we know there wasn't any interest.