$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

The Birmingham Mail article was published yesterday and was basically just a rehash of what had already been said in the People newspaper.

I noticed that myself a  bit to late. Perhaps this CNN story is just a rehash of that story...

I am a bit concerned by our desperation for Randy to leave that we are almost willing to accept anyone.

This Harris and Blitzer fella have poor records with the clubs their own. Both have huge losing streaks... Not sure if I want these guys.

I am a bit concerned by our desperation for Randy to leave that we are almost willing to accept anyone.

Pretty much and all because Lerner really is *that* bad.

• Like 1

The article in the Birmingham Mail was copied from The People as that's their sister paper, Christina something copied it over, I called her out on it because it had her name on the Brum Mail one, yet it was just a copy of The People one. She told me that it's their sister paper that's why she copied it over.

That's the only reason it's in the Birmingham mail. Nixon wrote most of that article, I don't believe most of what he writes.

This Harris and Blitzer fella have poor records with the clubs their own. Both have huge losing streaks... Not sure if I want these guys.

Oh and we have done so well under Lerner?

Someone remotely interested in the club would be an improvement on Lerner!

• Like 1

How long have they had their other sports clubs? I don't know much about them so could it be that they've not had enough time to implement proper plans?

Wasn't something said that the potential new owners had bought a New York area based team previously? Harris and Blitzer bought the New Jersey Devils last year I think maybe the info we had weeks ago was true. Was it Kwan who said it then deleted it? I'm sure someone will have a better memory than me or I've just had a vivid dream!

While I agree with you re your comments on people's desperation, I would say taking those guy's success with their other sporting franchises and using it to gauge how good they'd be for Villa is a bit tough seeing as both of those teams play in salary capped leagues. So if you inherit a poor team there, it can take years to rebuild and restock your team with talent through drafts.

Does anyone know the Arthur C Clarke short story, "The nine billion names of God"?

Basic plot: a group of Monks in Tibet believe that if they write down the nine billion possible names for God, the universe will come to an end.

I sometimes think this thread is a footballing alternative: if every millionaire in the world is named in this thread, the takeover will finally happen.

Or if Lerner buys a million sports clubs, he might not ruin one of them!

Or if I post a million times on VT, one of them might not moan about Lambert.......! :)

Edited by Risso

We have a few hurdles to jump through imo - before we need to worry if Mancini is good enough for us  !!!

Although he could be linked to the Nicola Cortese consortuim........if such a thing exists...!!

Well, he was in the UK last week. I know this because he met with a few friends from Southampton. He was in the UK for four days and only one in Southampton.