$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

not a case of being upset - not doubting the poster is passing it on in good faith - and long may it continue - but Imo this one hasn't got legs

That's nothing to do with being picky about the language he uses.

????? I know it hasn't

He asked what I would/wouldn't say if I heard that someone was in advanced negotiations to buy the club - to which I responded.

The broad thrust of what I am trying to say, is that I don't think there is much\any chance of Kal Albatan buying Aston Villa - If I am wrong fine - but if a close relative is free and easy with such information why has only 1 person on the internet picked up on it ? - especially as Abdul said negotiations were at an advanced stage 

500m R is about £75m isn't it?

About it.

It changes. 1 pound = 5 to 6 riyals.

1 dollar = 3.75 riyals.

Nowhere near enough to buy the club strangely, would need to be at least double that I think

Edit:

Sorry, I get it now, so he has spent £75m out of his own pocket at Al Shabab? Impressive to be honest considering he wasn't the owner

Edited by samjp26

I've far from optimistic of us being taken over this summer but the fact Lerner is not willing to spend or discuss contracts could mean that something is closer to happening than some think. I mean why would he risk losing key players if he wasn't optimistic of us being taken over and it no longer being his concern?

Edited by Amo69

500m R is about £75m isn't it?

About it.

It changes. 1 pound = 5 to 6 riyals.

1 dollar = 3.75 riyals.

Nowhere near enough to buy the club strangely, would need to be at least double that I think

Edit:

Sorry, I get it now, so he has spent £75m out of his own pocket at Al Shabab? Impressive to be honest considering he wasn't the owner

Yes. Sorry I havent write it clear.

As I said before he was a president for the club not an owner. But mostly they are who pay the money for their clubs. Without having benefits from the money they get.

• Like 1

I'm interested as to what type of owner other fans here would like at AVFC?

Personally, I would be more than happy with an owner that just runs us well enough that we can keep a consistent approach to transfers - wages working to our budget for example, so that we do not have to suffer financially as we have the last 3-4 years.

People point out the £40m in the last 2 years that Lambert has had, but it has always been handicapped by the need to bring the wage bill down. This is not to go off topic with a defence of Lambert, it would've been the same for whoever was in charge, and it is not a situation that allows the team to be taken forward.

I would love a real Billionaire to buy us of course, who wouldn't, to lavish his riches on us and buy our way to league titles etc, but I would be more than content with an owner/s that run things properly, even if it means we were simply consolidating as a top 8 club which is the minimum of where a club like ours belongs!

My personal choice would be someone like the Americans mentioned in the newspaper article today, as I feel that they have a good track record back on the other side of the pond with their sports franchises (hate that phrase!). I know that someone like the Saudi linked would possibly bring more readily available cash for transfers, but without any prejudice meant I always worry about boredom slipping in as they seem to have this Playboy attitude whereas people like Blitzer and Harris are Business men who will hopefully not get bored of the club as some plaything.

The biggest mistake that Lerner has made in my opinion was allowing the wage bill to extend beyond it's means under MON, Houllier and McLeish - it has nearly relegated us, and we need to make sure that it NEVER happens again, otherwise we are going to carry on just having a relegation battle every year.

All that said, it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon.......

Personally, I would be more than happy with an owner that just runs us well enough that we can keep a consistent approach to transfers - wages working to our budget for example, so that we do not have to suffer financially as we have the last 3-4 years.

People point out the £40m in the last 2 years that Lambert has had, but it has always been handicapped by the need to bring the wage bill down. This is not to go off topic with a defence of Lambert, it would've been the same for whoever was in charge, and it is not a situation that allows the team to be taken forward.

I would love a real Billionaire to buy us of course, who wouldn't, to lavish his riches on us and buy our way to league titles etc, but I would be more than content with an owner/s that run things properly, even if it means we were simply consolidating as a top 8 club which is the minimum of where a club like ours belongs!

My personal choice would be someone like the Americans mentioned in the newspaper article today, as I feel that they have a good track record back on the other side of the pond with their sports franchises (hate that phrase!). I know that someone like the Saudi linked would possibly bring more readily available cash for transfers, but without any prejudice meant I always worry about boredom slipping in as they seem to have this Playboy attitude whereas people like Blitzer and Harris are Business men who will hopefully not get bored of the club as some plaything.

The biggest mistake that Lerner has made in my opinion was allowing the wage bill to extend beyond it's means under MON, Houllier and McLeish - it has nearly relegated us, and we need to make sure that it NEVER happens again, otherwise we are going to carry on just having a relegation battle every year.

Stopped reading there, seriously find it shocking that people can judge people solely on their location in this day and age. The Middle-Eastern Man City owners haven't got bored but Randy Lerner, an American 'business man', seemingly has decided he can't be arsed anymore. Our new owners race/location/background/beliefs/ethnicity/what they like for breakfast has no influence on our club in any shape or form.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 3

Stopped reading there, seriously find it shocking that people can judge people solely on their location in this day and age. The Middle-Eastern Man City owners haven't got bored but Randy Lerner, an American 'business man', seemingly has decided he can't be arsed anymore. Our new owners race/location/background/beliefs/ethnicity/what they like for breakfast has no influence on our club in any shape or form.

It wasn't meant to offend, I was simply stating my preference for things to be done properly. I did not mean to come across as racist, I suppose I just feel that there is more chance of it coming from someone like the Americans discussed, due to their background with running sports teams in top leagues of their respective sport.

Yeah I agree it's Lerner who has got bored not a Russian or Middle-Eastern owner.  Obviously I want an owner that lavishes riches on us but will be content with an Owner that keeps us consistently in the top 8, fighting for European places and once in a while a glimpse at Champions League place (generally falling away at the last minute  :) ) and a manager that plays good attractive football and makes Villa Park a fortress and we become a team that is respected again is what I want

There is a marked difference between a single and group ownership usually.

Single you could be a toy that is lavished, group usually means investment or couldn't afford it on their own

Or, Singular ownership could be looked at as eggs in one basket whilst Group ownership will have more resources available and costs would be split across the group/club making it easier on each parties pocket.

I really don't care who buys the club, be it one man or a consortium - as long as they have the clubs best interests at heart and reignite this club's potential.

There is a marked difference between a single and group ownership usually.

Single you could be a toy that is lavished, group usually means investment or couldn't afford it on their own

Not really, it brings the level of "risk" down if you can bring along other willing partners. Also it can bring along people with experience in different areas.

What you will also get is the team behind these people, so it could actually be better having a consortium than one single owner.

I heard more information,

There are few terms that is still being negotiated which hasn't been agreed yet (not the price which is agreed apparently). Other than that everything seems going good.

It might also be a group of 3 or 4 partners. With Al-Baltan having most of it. A little bit less than 50%.

If I heard something more I will say it here later.

Unless this all happened over the past 4 days, it simply isn't true.

Randy has been scouring the US market for a buyer for around 12 months, BOA/ML have been brough to look at other markets. The very recent stuff I heard is that there is very little firm interest in buying Aston Villa. And exploration of overseas markets is in the very early stages. Any talk of a price being agreed with a group from Saudi is as far from the truth as you can possibly get.

This info is from someone who spoke to Randy towards the end of last week.