$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

There's a Cheng Feng who is part of the HNA group I don't what it stands for but seems something to do with Aviation.

Yes you are right, 58 billion dollar empire I believe, aviation, tourism, real estate etc.

Where has the talk of Chen Feng come from? Yes please!!

Edited by samjp26

Gotta be honest, I would really not like to be taken over by a Far East investor and/or Indian/Pakistani.

I wouldn't profess to knowing anything about business really but those regions just strike me as having little to no true regulation and that frightens me.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of corrupt British and American businessmen out there but I just get the feeling that they have to operate at least slightly more legally

Tata don't look too scruffy (I'm not suggesting it's Tata, just that it's tricky to generalise).

I don't see it happening but Chen Feng would be great. Hainan airlines are a 5 star rated carrier like Qatar and All Nippon. It would be the obvious sponsor and would be the most obvious way to dump money in to the club.

Not to mention the rapidly growing middle class in China with disposable incomes for sports subscriptions, shirt sales etc.

• Like 2

I think a far-east owner could be great. They would naturally look to market the club in their homeland and the Chinese market has crazy potential.

....as long as the owner doesn't try to rebrand us by wearing red because it's lucky in the far east of course. Not that any berk would actually try to do that...

Gotta be honest, I would really not like to be taken over by a Far East investor and/or Indian/Pakistani.

I wouldn't profess to knowing anything about business really but those regions just strike me as having little to no true regulation and that frightens me.

I'm not saying there aren't plenty of corrupt British and American businessmen out there but I just get the feeling that they have to operate at least slightly more legally

Don't worry about that, we have the "fit and proper test" that has never let any club down.

As I said before, I have reservations about businesspeople from developing countries due to the general lack of business foresight in those countries. That said, there are plenty of examples to the contrary and things are getting better but personally I'd rather not take a chance. 

HNA are in aviation, cruise and commercial shipping amongst other things. 

One member of the group, Grand China Logistics, has been the whipping boy in the shipping industry for growing out of control and then not paying any of their bills when the downturn came because they were essentially f&*ked. The parent company didn't help them out and just let them sink, to the point where even the cruise ship was arrested (stranding customers) for money owed by Grand China.

If this guy comes anywhere near our club it would be an absolute disaster.

i live and work in Shanghai, China but a brummie through and through

not heard anything here but will keep ear to the ground.

one thing i can say is the Chinese love the premier league and if we could tap this market it would be awesome.

• Like 4

I dont understand why some people on here say 'I would love a Chinese owner', 'I would love an American owner', 'I would be scared of a Middle Eastern owner' etc. You know what? I would love a Dutch owner.

As long as they invest and run the club well they could be Bulgarian for all I care

• Like 3

I dont understand why some people on here say 'I would love a Chinese owner', 'I would love an American owner', 'I would be scared of a Middle Eastern owner' etc. You know what? I would love a Dutch owner.

As long as they invest and run the club well they could be Bulgarian for all I care

I said that I'd be a little worried about getting a businessperson from a developing country in but that's based on having lived in a few and seeing the lack of business foresight of many people.I agree that it's a generalisation and certainly not true of all businesspeople from those places but all the same I think it's more of a risk. 

I said that I'd be a little worried about getting a businessperson from a developing country in but that's based on having lived in a few and seeing the lack of business foresight of many people.I agree that it's a generalisation and certainly not true of all businesspeople from those places but all the same I think it's more of a risk. 

I don't know... you have successfull people all around the world. Just because there are more American billionaires than lets say Malysian, I think the percentage rate of successfull people must be similar...

Like I said, They could be from Peru for all I care

I don't know... you have successfull people all around the world. Just because there are more American billionaires than lets say Malysian, I think the percentage rate of successfull people must be similar...

Like I said, They could be from Peru for all I care

Exactly our current American billionaire is hardly leaving us as a successful outfit?

I think it will be what the owner can do for us rather than his nationality that is the important matter. Judging someone on their nationality is a little xenophobic?

I don't care where they come from, just want them to have a decent plan, lots of enthusiasm, and a decent amount of loot to see the plan through even when it inevitably hits bumps along the way.

• Like 2