$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

For me a deal is surely close to completion!?!? If Keane was in the running for the Celtic job and has now removed himself from the list, for what? A number two role at a club in uncertainty? I can't see it myself. I think that he's had assurances from the new owners - I hope so anyway!!

According to the Mail article, here is why he turned down the Celtic job:

It had appeared Celtic would appoint the 42-year-old as their manager but it is understood a lack of transfer funds and the probable loss of England goalkeeper Fraser Forster swayed Keane’s mind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2014/article-2647709/John-Terry-World-Cup-ITV-look-replacement-Roy-Keane.html

So we made a 52m loss based on the new deal?

Now I can see why no one would want to buy us

No. According to Faulkner we're now breaking even, but this years figures don't be out to next year and they won't include the new TV money which is only paid this summer. It'll be 2016 I think before we see those books

• Like 1

It came up in takeover conversation as does many things that people speculate on such as Keane over the last couple of days.

It's actually quite important to understand restrictions on the current and any future owner.

• Like 1

To be fair Isa, I hadn't seen that. But surely even that says more about our future?

I really don't know to be honest. Don't take that as gospel though, I was just putting it out there as their take on it.

As I recall, a substantial part of the loss was depreciation of assets, most notably players. I would very seriously doubt the actual cash loss was that high, especially considering the lower wage bill.

We actually added ~3 mil to our revenue and dropped ~6 mil in operational costs. I would imagine the cash loss was closer to 30 mil than 52.

No. According to Faulkner we're now breaking even, but this years figures don't be out to next year and they won't include the new TV money which is only paid this summer. It'll be 2016 I think before we see those books

Right okay the previous post confused me then.

So a new owner could increase attendance and sponsor stadium and easily add £10m turnover for us to increase wages with.

Right okay the previous post confused me then.

So a new owner could increase attendance and sponsor stadium and easily add £10m turnover for us to increase wages with.

Yes but so could the current owner.

Also investment in the ground or training ground is allowed by FFP without it affecting figures

I thought there maybe something in the Keane appointment regarding a takeover but after reading all the FFP rules I'm starting to think the worst again. It really is such a farce.

• Like 1

To be fair Isa, I hadn't seen that. But surely even that says more about our future?

I think he was told that taking the Celtic job would mean leaving the Ireland set-up, however, as our number two he can also remain as Ireland number two. If that's true, then (keeping it on topic, as was my intention!) that has no baring on how close or far away a takeover is. It's just that Villa is more suitable for his situation.
  • Like 1

I find it hard to believe that Roy would come to villa without having an idea of what is exactly going on. Everyone is in limbo he would not put himself in that situation.

I think the takeover is closer than the press think (they know sweet FA IMO)

I can't imagine him coming here for the money. His itv pundit work must have been fairly lucrative for much easier work. And he's risking not getting that job back again afterwards.

I can't see us offering him a salary big enough to offset what he'd lose in Brazil, and the risk that we might get bought soon and he'll be gone again.

Then again, he hasn't accepted the job yet..

That, to me, points towards a deal being in the pipeline and the new owners indicating that lambert and Keane would be their preferred choice.

I can't imagine him coming here for the money. His itv pundit work must have been fairly lucrative for much easier work. And he's risking not getting that job back again afterwards.

I can't see us offering him a salary big enough to offset what he'd lose in Brazil, and the risk that we might get bought soon and he'll be gone again.

Then again, he hasn't accepted the job yet..

That, to me, points towards a deal being in the pipeline and the new owners indicating that lambert and Keane would be their preferred choice.

I'm a Lambert fan but if you're right in saying that then I worry about our prospective new owner(s)!!!