$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Just reading his statement again. 

As regards to my personal role at the club and the steady rumours of a sale, i will address these after the season

Is it odd that he mentions his 'personal role'? wouldn't he have just said regards to the steady rumours of a sale?

I dont think he is selling. I think hes either taking a back seat.. hiring more to be more involved than he is on day to day whilst possibly having investing partners? Possibly Arison/PA etc.

I don't think we have seen Lerner give up his share. Before anyone asks why he wouldn't or that hes never around he doesnt care etc. I agree. I think the reason for him sticking around is because he cannot recoup the money he is asking for and is getting help to boost the club. Eventually selling it at a later date when it is more appealing? 

Just a thought. Probably just a takeover :P

I think him taking a back seat is entirely feasible - I imagine he would take to such a role quite easily... :)

Lerner is going to become a joint owner as he is selling some but not all his shares. (He could not get someone to cough up all the money he wanted but will not say that).

They new ownership team will appoint a DOF and they take a back seat.

Lambert stays and will be backed in the summer to improve the squad (no amount will be announced)..... the club will still show fiscal responsibility and abide by FFP.

Lerner will acknowledge the last few years have not been good but it was necessary to get our finances in order.... they are OK now so we begin a new phase.

The future is bright but not enough to make us all wear sun glasses.

ITK... nah...

• Like 1

Lerner is going to become a joint owner as he is selling some but not all his shares. (He could not get someone to cough up all the money he wanted but will not say that).

They new ownership team will appoint a DOF and they take a back seat.

Lambert stays and will be backed in the summer to improve the squad (no amount will be announced)..... the club will still show fiscal responsibility and abide by FFP.

Lerner will acknowledge the last few years have not been good but it was necessary to get our finances in order.... they are OK now so we begin a new phase.

The future is bright but not enough to make us all wear sun glasses.

ITK... nah...

Why would Lerner agree to sell some his shares ? - and why would any buy less than 51% 

Effectively someone would be coughing up close on £100m - and yet have no control on how the club is run - or if Lerner was left with 49% he would have a £100m investment in something he didn't control.

Don't see that happening

"I'm ok with randy staying as long as he opens up his cheque book a little more. Instead of the regular £20mil, give £30mil, think that's plenty to compete in this league"

Enough to compete in the bottom half possibly cosofsaunders assuming that £30m is for signings only rather than for wages as well. But after the years of treading water near the bottom of the table I think it would take a lot more than £30m to compete in the league as a whole and we would need a big change in direction of our football club for that to happen.  

I'm not ok with him staying at all, but if he must and will increase the transfer budget he'd better not be giving it to **** Lambert

Lambert won't resign. He's said publicly that staying up this season he regards as a great managerial achievement. Why would he resign? It would ruin all the credibility of those statements and make him less employable to any potential future job.

The only way he is leaving is if a new ownership structure sacks him.  

• Like 1

I think it's pretty obvious that Monday will see Randy's 'gift' and announcement being the England squad. Woy asked him to annpunce it as he's used to overseeing a dog poor bunch of overpaid primadonnas.

Edited by stewiek2

I don't see this investment thing. Why would a wealthy man only want to own part of a struggling premiership team? What's in it for them?

For the same reason he has pulled all of his investment in the club back over recent years... Risk.

TexasVillan may not be in the know but his theory is in line with my gut feeling. Which means absolutely nothing.