$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

This is another example of people wanting to believe things. 

Collymore of National radio talksport says no buyer = 'THE MANS A LIAR WITH NO CONTACTS HOW DARE HE LIE!!!!'

GT says something about us being sold on local WM = 'GT WOULDN'T LIE DOUG HAS TOLD HIM WE'RE SOLD I JUST KNOW IT'.

Obviously i'm exaggerating but that is literally how the two reactions have gone!!!! People want to believe it so they convince themselves

Ive been sceptical - I believed the identity of the buyer would have leaked out by now. But gossping and rumouring are just not what Graham Taylor is about - so I think its a significant [positive] development.

Who knows maybe a newspaper has got hold of the story - so GT has been given license to say what he said.

This is another example of people wanting to believe things. 

Collymore of National radio talksport says no buyer = 'THE MANS A LIAR WITH NO CONTACTS HOW DARE HE LIE!!!!'

GT says something about us being sold on local WM = 'GT WOULDN'T LIE DOUG HAS TOLD HIM WE'RE SOLD I JUST KNOW IT'.

Obviously i'm exaggerating but that is literally how the two reactions have gone!!!! People want to believe it so they convince themselves

And as people pointed out last time you brought it up, it's because Collymore's story has changed several times in the past week and works for a radio station that is notorious for winding up listeners so they call in.

Indeed Collymore has gone from he thinks Ellison was at Villa park...to Lerner not selling...to Lerner wants to sell buy no buyer yet...in the space of 10 days.

What ever happens he will claim he said it first on Talksport

Also network gold has been on WM since 6, has anyone actually heard GT on there?

They usually have a sports programme that finishes @ 6pm - I wasn't listening today - but the first rumours of what he said appeared on here @ about 6.03pm ! 

Obviously it could be a total wind up and he hasn't said anything.....

There is one guy, and only one guy, on TBAR that is claiming SGT says the club is sold. I call bullshit. But I expect Stan "ITK" Collymore to confirm it any minute.

Edited by Davkaus

There is one guy, and only one guy, on TBAR that is claiming SGT says the club is sold. I call bullshit. But I expect Stan "ITK" Collymore to confirm it any minute.

Stand down  VT if thats the case

Apparently it's three and half hours into this haven't listened myself.

He is explicit that all he's heard are "tittle tattle". He heard it from "a good source" that we'd be sold if we stayed up, which is something that was reported in the Guardian and Telegraph based on messageboard rumours.

I think this is a case of rumours being spread, and the same rumours being repeated leading to them being considered credible. Nothing to see here, IMO.

Edited by Davkaus

Apparently it's three and half hours into this haven't listened myself.

He is explicit that all he's heard are "tittle tattle". He heard it from "a good source" that we'd be sold if we stayed up, which is something that was reported in the Guardian and Telegraph based on messageboard rumours.

I think this is a case of rumours being spread, and the same rumours being repeated leading to them being considered credible. Nothing to see here, IMO.

He's cautious in what he's saying but does mention that he had heard it from a good source.

We'll see. I hope what he says is correct, but I think it's just people repeating the same rumours we heard weeks ago. If it's true that even people high up in the club have no idea what's going on, I'm not sure SGT would. I have a huge amount of respect for the man,  but I don't think Lerner would tell him anything.

Edited by Davkaus

This is more exciting than the relegation battle!

If the scenario where Lerner stays but sells some of his interest to another backer is right, I can't imagine Lambert being sacked tbf. Lerner rates him, he has done Lerner's dirty work and unless the new backer knows about European football, they won't have a clue about who might be better.

So there may not be too much progress.

This is more exciting than the relegation battle!

If the scenario where Lerner stays but sells some of his interest to another backer is right, I can't imagine Lambert being sacked tbf. Lerner rates him, he has done Lerner's dirty work and unless the new backer knows about European football, they won't have a clue about who might be better.

So there may not be too much progress.

I don't see the shared thing happening. you've illustrated why in such a scenario who would have the final say on Lambert staying or going - the one with the most shares - so who is going to invest £100m and not have a say on the manager