$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

Apparently he only just joined twiiter. Maybe he's just trying to get people's hopes up, for a joke. I'm sure other people would've heard and tweeted about it too.

Optimists think it's a done deal. Pessimists think nothing will happen. Idealists hope it will happen. Realists know we just have to wait. Personally I think theres enough information about through leaks, ITK and the way the club has been run to point to a sale being close. So I'm probably in the optimists camp hopefully a back page exclusive on The Sun in the morning!! Followed by a Villa win and a club statement. Best Sunday ever!!

Wow very interesting exclusive news from KNX. Larry Ellison is set to become owner of a new Premier League team. #avfc #Premier League #thfc #takeover #Premier League

Oh man I want to believe!

But the fact the guy hadn't tweeted for 5 years before that makes me think he's slightly dubious. Has this been "heard" by anyone else?

Apparently he only just joined twiiter. Maybe he's just trying to get people's hopes up, for a joke. I'm sure other people would've heard and tweeted about it too.

Says he joined in 2009

• Like 1

He has tweets from 2009

Dermot @dermotkeller 22 Mar 2009

@EARom whats wrong with the 360 servers now?

Again, not going to get my hopes up. Plenty of people have said he isn't interested in Football and looks like likely to buy the Clippers.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about that Dermot tweet, he's just made another one which states "Basically Larry Ellison (worth $50billion) is to become the new owner of Aston Villa. Just announced on the radio #avfc #Premier League #ellison". I can't currently find any other Tweets which backs up what he is saying, just retweets.

I believe the radio station in question is http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/category/watch-listen/heard-on-radio/, there is a "Listen Live" link on the right. Unsure if it is restricted by country though.

Edit: Birmingham Mail just picked up the Taylor story - http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-taylor-aston-villa-been-7101432

The feeling is that the club will be up for sale, it is only tittle tattle but I had heard that the club had been sold on the basis that it had retained a Premier League place, if it didn't, it wasn't sold.

We all hear stories but I heard that from what I would call a good source and I think that just fits in with a lot.

Randy Lerner has spent a lot of money on the club, when you are not coming to watch the games it gives the wrong impression to the supporters.

Edited by Chewie

Great finnish proverb: "Pessimist doesn't get disappointed".

I'm fairly pessimistic and I am disappointed often.

But you're not pessimistic finn, we're probably in our own league.

I'm listening to KNX live online - no mention as yet....

Food News with Melinda Lee :crylaugh:

Hahaha

That bloke tweeted a while ago so it's possible he was listening to a different programme. Melinda does have some good advice concerning quiches.

• Like 2

Hahaha

That bloke tweeted a while ago so it's possible he was listening to a different programme. Melinda does have some good advice concerning quiches.

BnS1W1xIEAAdkzx.jpg

Hahaha

Just looking for followers sadly. Not a kind anywhere else online or on American Sports Radio.

Nothing to see here.....