Midweek football 14/16 April Championship Premier League & El Clasico

andykeenan

Great goal but more about pace than anything else.

in the current climate i think its more about his determination to get that goal, could easily have stopped running after the push (ronaldo) or gone down with bartra snapping at his heels in the box (suarez) i really think there arent many players who would (rather than could) have scored that goal, speed, honesty, control, strength, composure, it was a great goal

• Like 3

in the current climate i think its more about his determination to get that goal, could easily have stopped running after the push (ronaldo) or gone down with bartra snapping at his heels in the box (suarez) i really think there arent many players who would (rather than could) have scored that goal, speed, honesty, control, strength, composure, it was a great goal

Yep theres very few players around who could score a goal like that to be fair.  At his best Gabby could have scored that though.

Completely agree. Great goal

It is quite amazing how Barca have failed to sign defenders in recent years. Instead, they splurged a whack of cash on Neymar, who they didn't need.

Too caught up with trying to compete in terms of a star signing. Now they can't sign anybody for a season whilst Real, Atletico and a host of clubs around Europe will all strengthen.

Don't get me wrong, they have a fantastic academy, but I don't think they'll be the dominant force like they were in these coming years.

It is quite amazing how Barca have failed to sign defenders in recent years. Instead, they splurged a whack of cash on Neymar, who they didn't need.

It's okay, they can just sign two centre halves and a goalkeeper in the summ-

• Like 1

Scoring system: 10 points correct score. 5 points correct result. 2 points half-correct score.

Arsenal vs West Ham

Con 1:1  = 2 points

StefanAVFC 2-0 = 5 points

Av1 2-1  = 7 points

ismail-villa 3-1 = 10 points

TrinityRoadSteps 2:1 = 7 points

kurtsimonw 2.1 = 7 points

Davkaus 2-1 = 7 points

Seat 68 3-2 = 7 points

Leaderboard after game 1/3

10 - ismail-villa

7- Av1 2-1

7- TrinityRoadSteps

7- kurtsimonw 

7- Davkaus

7- Seat 68 

5 - StefanAVFC

2 - Con

The scores in the prediction contest tonight

Everton 2:3 Crystal Palace

Con 5:0 = 0 points

StefanAVFC 1-0 = 0 points

Av1 2-0 = 2 points

ismail-villa 3-0 = 0 points

TrinityRoadSteps  2:0 = 2 points

kurtsimonw 2.0 = 2 points

Davkaus 1-1 = 0 points

Seat 68 1-1 = 0  points

Man City 2:2 Sunderland

Con 1:1 = 5  points

StefanAVFC 4-1 = 0 points

Av1 3-0 = 0 points

ismail-villa 5-1 = 0 points

TrinityRoadSteps  4:0 =  points

​kurtsimonw 3.1 = 0 points

Davkaus​ 3-0 =  points

Seat 68 2-1 = 2  points

Leaderboard

10 - ismail-villa

9 - Av1 +2

9 - TrinityRoadSteps +2

9- kurtsimonw  +2

9- Seat 68  + 2

7 - Con + 5

7- Davkaus

5 - StefanAVFC

Very difficult evening. Nobody predicted Pulis's stone age tactics would prove effective against Everton although kurtsimonw, TrinityRoadSteps and Av1 correctly predicted Everton would score two goals. 

Then Man City drew with Sunderland. Only I predicted that.

All this means I am the furthest mover on the leaderboard which otherwise stays exactly the same with ismail-villa the winner. Well done.

If there is any interest I will do another contest for the weekend.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Â