Game of Thrones (Spoilers)

Ghost

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really know what any of this means :)

WHat's the Trident?

Do we (TV show) know Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna or is this something gleaned from the books?

Ya basically in season 1 when Robert came to visit Winterfell he visited the crypt where Lyanna is buried, he says he dreams every night of killing Rhaegar, he also mentions of Rhaegar kidnapping Lyanna. It has also been mentioned a few other times in passing that he killed him. Most recently in the Tower of Joy scene, where kings guards say to Ned your friend the Usurper would be dead if we were at the Trident. Ned mentions both the mad king and Rhaegar are dead. Another key scene is where Littlefinger is selling Sansa to the boltons and they too are in the crypts Sansa mentions that Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna and LF is like ya cos that's what happened.

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I think Sansa mentioned it again recently didn't she? That Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna? Perhaps it was just in a flashback at the start of the episode but I thought she had said it to Jon just recently.

She said it to Littlefinger at Lyanna's crypt and he basically gave her a look that said she didn't know what really happened. 

Lyanna ran away with him IMO . 

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Only he didn't kidnap and rape her that's just the Stark line.  It's alluded that they fell in love which could legitamise Jon as full Targ

Only if they sneakily got married without anyone knowing, which seems pretty unlikely. Although it'd make things a bit more straightforward, because who inherits if one is a bastard, but the only other candidate is the sister of the bastard's father. Do women inherit before illegitimate male heirs? It all gets a bit messy, and that's before considering Jon should have renounced all land and titles. Although I suppose the whole 'dying' loophole might get him out of that one.

Edited by Davkaus

Yeah, it was pretty well fleshed out by Robert Baratheon in season 1, and then refreshed recently by Littlefinger and Sansa.

If you're paying attention, it hasn't really been hidden.

Anyway, I probably forsee Dany taking Westeros in an alliance with Jon as the King in the North ruling Winterfell and surrounds.

Also, Cersei is a bad guy. After a season of making the audience feel for her with the sparrows, they absolutely had to reassert that she's a heel. The scene with Cersei, the Mountain and the nun probably needed to be more brutal.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I pay attention plenty, but I'm not able to remember a story that was told 6 years ago that didn't seem particularly important :D

I imagine there are millions of people in the same boat . I only remember stuff because I watched the whole series in a short period rather recently .

• Like 1

How the hell is Bran going to prove that Jon isn't a bastard? Jon himself might believe him, but what about the rest of Westeros? Maybe he'll have to be brought back to life again

54 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

How the hell is Bran going to prove that Jon isn't a bastard? Jon himself might believe him, but what about the rest of Westeros? Maybe he'll have to be brought back to life again

Howland Reed is still alive IIRC. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I pay attention plenty, but I'm not able to remember a story that was told 6 years ago that didn't seem particularly important :D

Definitely. It's also hard to remember stories about characters who have never been shown and you can't put a face to them. It really wouldn't surprise me if people who have ONLY watched the show and have not read anything online have no idea what that scene was about. I've read loads of people online asking if Ned banged his own sister :lol: 

Also, was Benjin dead? He kinda looked dead. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Kind of odd that he knew about the three eyed raven, but the three eyed raven never mentioned Benjen, isn't it? He wouldn't be serving a lord of the undead? :| 

Also, another incident in the Chronicles of Bran's Bad Decisions is coming up as soon as he walks through the wall with that mark on his arm.

Also, was Benjin dead? He kinda looked dead. 

He specifically said he was dead didn't he? When he said he couldn't pass through the wall.

Brilliant episode. Just a cool thing i saw and has been doing the rounds online.

In the main library in Oldtown which Sam loved so much there was a big globe hanging from the ceiling.

http://imgur.com/a/qaOrR

If you look closely you can see it is the Globe they use in the opening credits! Now this probably means nothing and is just a cool Easter Egg however seeing as this is GoT and we love theories, it could be that the events of the entire show/books are set in the past and this is just someone telling the story of the epic battle between fire and ice that took place a long time ago in galaxy far far away.....

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He specifically said he was dead didn't he? When he said he couldn't pass through the wall.

Yeah that was how I saw it

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Definitely. It's also hard to remember stories about characters who have never been shown and you can't put a face to them. It really wouldn't surprise me if people who have ONLY watched the show and have not read anything online have no idea what that scene was about. I've read loads of people online asking if Ned banged his own sister :lol: 

Yeah my gf and her brother didn't get that scene at all. 

In a way I like that. I don't like TV shows that spoon feed you stuff too much.

But it makes it very easy to miss stuff.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Ah yeah, I didn't know if I kinda mis-heard that bit. So now the dead can fight for the living too, as he put it? 

I assumed all the dead which were brought back to life were following TNK. 

Â