Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Handed it to them on a plate so far. When a team is down on it's feet and getting beat heavily at home and have the worst home record and number of defeats in their premiership history along come Benevolent FC managed by Mr Clueless and all will be alright.

Give it a rest - the tactics have been fine. We should not be losing - Just down to individual errors

Did I mention tactics?

By implication, yes

Are you mystic meg? You read into what you like. I implied mince pies just as much as I did tactics.

I'd take off Weimann before Gabby - he's given the ball away twice, 90 yards from goal and he's won us a free kick we scored from, in general he's been okay and he's more of a threat than Weimann. 

I say that as if there's anyone on our bench worth bringing on.

We desperately need another couple of midfielders, so that Gabby and Weimann can get back to being strikers and we can deal with a single injury without having to change our formation.

• Like 1

Handed it to them on a plate so far. When a team is down on it's feet and getting beat heavily at home and have the worst home record and number of defeats in their premiership history along come Benevolent FC managed by Mr Clueless and all will be alright.

Give it a rest - the tactics have been fine. We should not be losing - Just down to individual errors

Did I mention tactics?

By implication, yes

Are you mystic meg? You read into what you like. I implied mince pies just as much as I did tactics.

For the first time in 5 games Manure lead at half time. Oh well, it is Aston Villa, the team that just cannot get basic defensive tactics right.

Not the wrong tactics, just individual errors

Some people on here seem to be truly expecting us to be winning this game . . . on the contrary, we're playing a fired-up team in their home stadium in front of twice our capacity, and we're giving it a go. Nobody has complained more about our capitulation against them at home than me, but we're giving our all today. Ultimately, they're a bit better than we are, and they haven't made the mistakes we have. Players falling over is unfortunate though. 

Hope Lambert's put a rocket up a few of them. UTV. 

• Like 2

Is that Bacuna's penalty nr 3?

He's not a defender, Lamberts brought in 5 fullbacks now so if were lacking there then who's to blame?

Well, yes, I agree, but I wasn't trying to make a point.. just asking. Thinking back, I might be wrong. There was one against Fulham, and I thought that was his 2nd, but can't remember another one.

For the first time in 5 games Manure lead at half time. Oh well, it is Aston Villa, the team that just cannot get basic defensive tactics right.

If Villa provide you with such misery why don't you take a step away from football for a while cause the situation with us isn't going to improve in the near future.

• Like 2

Apart from the 1st 12mins it has been the usual Lambert rubbish. Defending far to deep, ball back to Guzan hoof, Forwards (especially Benteke) who don't appear to give a toss and a midfield content to watch the game go by.

Really poor from Clark and Bacuna however both goals began by mistakes by Gabby, Utd aren't very good and for once we aren't making them look good as this game is poor.

God knows how this team are ever going to get better as we are weak in all area's apart from goal.

I pray the Lambert has the words to motivate his team and we don't end up on the receiving end of another rout.