Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Honestly wouldn't take anyone from Norwich not one

Redmond, Fer, Olsson and Hoolahan would comfortably improve our squad.

Will they sell to us? I doubt it, I'd take Redmond actually. We should have got him last year.

I'm not suggesting them as realistic targets, more in response to the original post.

Ya that's fair enough, I still wouldn't be keen on the others, but we don't know where we are if a new owner comes in. Really piss poor time to be a villa fan.

• Like 1

mods please close this thread until we are sold - nothings going to happen until then

Yep, dazzy clearly knows things we don't. Better lock the thread, he's right. After all, speculating about exciting possibilities isn't fun.

• Like 3

A complete waste of time thinking about players we might get as Lerner has blocked all transfers in or contract renewal talks.

I believe Gardner signed a new contract because he was in discussion before the embargo.

A complete waste of time thinking about players we might get as Lerner has blocked all transfers in or contract renewal talks.

I believe Gardner signed a new contract because he was in discussion before the embargo.

Hmmmm, convenient that. 

• Like 1

I think Snodgrass,Fer and Hoolahan would be decent signings, at least in our state now. Not sure about pilkington as I can't remember how he played last season. Not that any of these are really ideal, maybe Fer but he is still learning. Imagine he will definitely leave as he is the national team and all that.

Where did you hear this? If true it IMO would mean that sale is pretty close, if we wouldn't have a buyer then they'd be planning for new season normally.

Great custodian of the club he is, if true. Anyone who thinks he wont sell to the first one who meets the asking price is deluded.

Edited by HeyAnty