Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Mönchengladbach, Leverkusen, Koln and Dortmund too but you can fly directly to there. Vogt plays for Augsburg, think he would be flying to Munich if he was going to the club itself.

Enter sleuth mode - Something interesting is that Newcastle decided not to pursue interest in Luuk de Jong, now I know we don't need another striker but just yesterday he said the following (I've noted some key parts in bold):

“Playing in the Premier League is different than in Germany, but I like this way of playing. It’s more physical, but I like it, especially when I play behind the striker. I like being in little pockets behind the striker. I try to give the striker chances, and I try to make one-twos with the striker or score myself. I also want to play as a striker, but when I play as a 10, I also do my job.”

Strong focus on being a number 10 (Lambert's favourite phrase for the type of player he really, really wants) and playing behind the striker. Possibly de Jong out on loan again from Mönchengladbach, to us this time (being as we know we haven't got much money to spend)?

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Mönchengladbach, Leverkusen, Koln and Dortmund too but you can fly directly to there. Vogt plays for Augsburg, think he would be flying to Munich if he was going to the club itself.

Enter sleuth mode - Something interesting is that Newcastle decided not to pursue interest in Luuk de Jong, now I know we don't need another striker but just yesterday he said the following (I've noted some key parts in bold):

“Playing in the Premier League is different than in Germany, but I like this way of playing. It’s more physical, but I like it, especially when I play behind the striker. I like being in little pockets behind the striker. I try to give the striker chances, and I try to make one-twos with the striker or score myself. I also want to play as a striker, but when I play as a 10, I also do my job.”

Strong focus on being a number 10 (Lambert's favourite phrase for the type of player he really, really wants) and playing behind the striker. Possibly de Jong out on loan again from Mönchengladbach, to us this time (being as we know we haven't got much money to spend)?

Would be nice but I wonder if we would get a loan signing sanctioned... Would be a decent loan signing for the season though!

How do we know he went do Dusseldorf anyway?

De Jong as No. 10 would be awful. Creative player he is not. I still like him as a striker though.

I agree to be honest, a bit like playing Weimann in the number 10 role 

Edited by samjp26

One of my mates has just come back from a weekend there, he was on the same flight back as lambert

If true then it makes the de Jong quotes more interesting IMO, I find it random that he said he likes playing in behind the striker

How do we know he went do Dusseldorf anyway?

De Jong as No. 10 would be awful. Creative player he is not. I still like him as a striker though.

I agree to be honest, a bit like playing Weimann in the number 10 role

Yep. If we are in the loan market, please, please, please go for Piazón! I adore him and he is exactly what is needed in this team. Last opportunity to loan him also I would've thought.

"Lambert was on a flight back from Germany tonight. Any german based players we are linked with? 

Did he wave a piece of paper on his return joewhitticase and was that the same one that was filled with top players that our former chairman once waved at a press conference? ;) 

I doubt he was looking at players with money being too tight to mention at Villa Park just now. Possibly he had booked a short break or was giving Jurgen Klopp the run down on the squad he is about to take over?  :)