Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

So then.

How much have we spent so far this summer?

Errrm about 300k

Ok. Ok.

And thats acceptable for a team that barely survived relegation last year is it?

Just rushing down the ticket office to get a season ticket now.

What a joke club we've become under Lerner. The sooner he **** off, the better.

The transfer window isnt closed.

Is it open?

Relax and enjoy the bad weather!

• Like 1

Oh, I'm relaxed. Boy am I relaxed. I'm just worried I won't be relaxed when we're 2-0 down at half time to Leicester in December.

This season is going to be a real struggle. We're in desperate need of two new fullbacks and two decent midfielders. 

UTFV

Oh, I'm relaxed. Boy am I relaxed. I'm just worried I won't be relaxed when we're 2-0 down at half time to Leicester in December.

This season is going to be a real struggle. We're in desperate need of two new fullbacks and two decent midfielders.

UTFV

Thats just to start i agree lerner is the only person to change this i agree 2 fullbacks i think we need a monster protecting our backline and annother winger someone to complement c nzog. I think we should have got hangeland on free for the inevitable sale of vlaar this would mean no panic buys at the cb position

Linked with Danny Batth a local Wolves fan from Brierley Hill in Express & Star for £5mil

If true seems Lambert has learnt nothing looking at this lower division crap like Batth

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/08/01/hands-off-danny-batth-wolves-warn-rivals/

A report claimed Villa boss Paul Lambert was planning a £5m move for the 23-year-old centre-back.

But Wolves see Batth as a vital part of the new era at the club and will not welcome any interest in the Brierley Hill-born vice-captain, who is a huge fans’ favourite. Batth, who signed a three-and-a-half-year contract in January, is seen as an huge player in Kenny Jackett’s side, but also a symbol of the new Wolves where academy scholars can see a genuine path to the first team.

“I saw the story but we’ve had no approach from Villa,” said head of football operations Kevin Thelwell.

“We want him to help us get into the Premier League, rather than him helping someone else in there.

“We’ve had no one contacting us about Danny Batth, and neither would we welcome anyone contacting us about him because he epitomises everything we want about the football club going forwards.

“I think he can achieve anything he wants to here, and he’s destined to be a big part of our history going forwards.

“Getting him to sign a new contract was a big thing for us and the way in which he handled himself showed it was never about him wanting to be anywhere else.

“He wants to achieve things with Wolves and we believe we can achieve things here.

“The dream is him playing for us in the Premier League, as opposed to playing for anyone else.”

Wolves are not pursuing a deal for Rotherham forward Kieran Agard, who has been linked with them in recent days.

“He’s a good player but not one we’re pushing on at the moment, said Thelwell.

Thelwell was also happy to dismiss speculation linking Wolves with former Birmingham striker Nikola Zigic, Chesterfield centre-back Liam Cooper and Chelsea midfielder George Saville, who was on loan at Brentford last season.

“Saville’s a good player and we really like him but there’s no solid interest at the moment,” he said.

Wolves have opted not to sign young Nottingham Forest centre-back Lawrence Gorman after a trial in their Under-21s.

Lampard is going to Man City on loan. Maybe they might have spare midfielder that we could get (on loan).

Possibly because Milner wants out if not first team and they need another English player to register

• Like 1

Linked with Danny Batth a local Wolves fan from Brierley Hill in Express & Star for £5mil

If true seems Lambert has learnt nothing looking at this lower division crap like Batth

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/08/01/hands-off-danny-batth-wolves-warn-rivals/

A report claimed Villa boss Paul Lambert was planning a £5m move for the 23-year-old centre-back.

But Wolves see Batth as a vital part of the new era at the club and will not welcome any interest in the Brierley Hill-born vice-captain, who is a huge fans’ favourite. Batth, who signed a three-and-a-half-year contract in January, is seen as an huge player in Kenny Jackett’s side, but also a symbol of the new Wolves where academy scholars can see a genuine path to the first team.

“I saw the story but we’ve had no approach from Villa,” said head of football operations Kevin Thelwell.

“We want him to help us get into the Premier League, rather than him helping someone else in there.

“We’ve had no one contacting us about Danny Batth, and neither would we welcome anyone contacting us about him because he epitomises everything we want about the football club going forwards.

“I think he can achieve anything he wants to here, and he’s destined to be a big part of our history going forwards.

“Getting him to sign a new contract was a big thing for us and the way in which he handled himself showed it was never about him wanting to be anywhere else.

“He wants to achieve things with Wolves and we believe we can achieve things here.

“The dream is him playing for us in the Premier League, as opposed to playing for anyone else.”

Wolves are not pursuing a deal for Rotherham forward Kieran Agard, who has been linked with them in recent days.

“He’s a good player but not one we’re pushing on at the moment, said Thelwell.

Thelwell was also happy to dismiss speculation linking Wolves with former Birmingham striker Nikola Zigic, Chesterfield centre-back Liam Cooper and Chelsea midfielder George Saville, who was on loan at Brentford last season.

“Saville’s a good player and we really like him but there’s no solid interest at the moment,” he said.

Wolves have opted not to sign young Nottingham Forest centre-back Lawrence Gorman after a trial in their Under-21s.

Beast on football manager

Edited by VERB27
  • Like 1

Anyone else concerned we have loaned steer lowton and luna out on loan with no sign of replacements i really fear for us. Great signings the 3 i mentioned well done lambert you total muppet

And Helenius, and let Albrighton leave.

Hutton, Zog Okore, Bent and Richardson should be able to contribute from the off

Grealish and Gardener will take time to make an impact

Cole and Senderos when fit will still have a limited positive impact (hope I'm wrong)

Carruthers, Tonev, Robinson, Johnson will all either be sold or loaned out

Lambert is definitely planning more signings just don't expect anything exciting

Anyone else concerned we have loaned steer lowton and luna out on loan with no sign of replacements i really fear for us. Great signings the 3 i mentioned well done lambert you total muppet

Whilst I don't necessarily think they'll make us a much improved side, we've already replace those three with Richardson and Hutton/Given back in the fold...

Steer -> Given

Lowton -> Hutton

Luna -> Richardson

Given and Hutton aren't new signings but they weren't used last season & it seems they will be this time.

Steer is only 21 i think surely you agree it's best for him to be out on loan getting first team match experience instead of sitting on our bench week in week out?

Also if you look at the squad list then unless I've missed people it looks like we have 27 players over 21! That includes Luna and Lowton as they're still here. That's not including the younger players like Grealish, Carruthers or Robinson.

If people want us to bring more players in to replace departures then other players will have to leave on loan or be sold due to the squad limit. That is unless Lambrrt signs youngsters who don't need to be registered, but most people think too much youth and inexperience was the cause of our problems in the first place

We have shifted some players who either aren't good enough or need games to develop yet people moan. We are only allowed a 25 man squad at present we have 29 give or take so we have to move people out. Hopefully we are getting enough out so we have spaces that need to be filled. There's one month to go to the end of the window and at present our sqaud is stronger than last year so why all the panic?? I believe we will get another couple of players in and then regardless of our being up for sale I think we will have had a good summer strengthening wise.

Fairpoints lads im just not impressed weve gone full circle back to where we were when lambert joined i am not impressed by tge whole club what a waste of time lambert shouldhave just used what players he had then he bombed bomb squad out bought youth now hes bombedhisown signings out if that dosnt admit hes fking cluelessi dont kbow what does.lambert has bombed out helenius tonev sylla luna lowton bennet at the start they are all his shite signings lambety is a clueless individual of the highest order.