Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I'm sure I read somewhere that he sold a property in Korea for 20 million. So maybe he won't be as greedy

with his wage demands.

I wouldn't read to much into that. My monthly wage was over 2 million out there.

I can't remember the currency but apparently he bought it 2 million and sold for 20 million. As I say expect a few Ki fans signing up to VT who'll be able to answer such questions. Apparently he's a massive star back home as those socks illustrate.

Would still like us to sign an attacking midfielder and a winger. Then we would have a fairly decent first 11.

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Okore - Richardson

Ki - Delph

Weimann* - Cole -   New Winger

Benteke 

*Swap Weimann with Nzogbia or Gabby. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Would still like us to sign an attacking midfielder and a winger. Then we would have a fairly decent first 11.

Guzan

Lowton - Vlaar - Okore - Richardson

Ki - Delph

Weimann* - Cole -   New Winger

Benteke 

*Swap Weimann with Nzogbia or Gabby. 

i like this but would prefer Weimann and Cole on the Bench, would be tempted to play N'Zogbia as the no 10, sign Christian Atsu on loan and bring back Ashley Young and all of a sudden our midfield looks very good with a healthy bench too.

Play Atsu and Young on either flanks with the Zog in middle to feed Kozak/Tekkers

I don't think Cole would play as part of three man midfield. I think he'd either player in one of the positions that Agbonlahor or Weimann usually play or at the tip of a diamond in a four man midfield.

What did Merson say?

Apparently the take over is done but they are holding off announcing it until the window closes.

I think it's far more likely that Lerner is just giving Lambert the usual transfer budget.

Its in the other thread but i stated in this one a few nights ago that merson had said we'd be making a money signing around two weeks but this has happened quicker, but in terms of buying us, he said we're bought and will be announced in sept.

The 'money signing' was richardson

• Like 1

I am hoping for more quality addittions. If Vlaar is sold/get injured that's us ****.

Other teams are strenghtening, even Saints who had big exodus got Pelle and Tadic now which basically are carbon replacements of Lallana and Lambert. WBA, Newcastle signining quality players, Stoke & Hull as well.

We are not :( Bendtner (lol), Richardson ( mediocore at best ), Cole ( who was shit for WHU ), Senderos (lol )

I can only say our team is stronger than Burnley, Leicester and maybe QPR and I think one of the these three will suprise for sure that they won't be in relegation battle.

Can we escape relgation third time in a row? I dunno :(

I might be too negative, but our team is not as strong as it appears to look imo. Agbonalhor, Weimann show up in very few games... Benteke after such tough injury is a big unknown how he recovers and reuturns. Kozak and Okore too.

Edited by Alakagom

I hope we start the season with Weiman as the lone striker with Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia as the wingers. Then we can have Delph, Ki, Westwood, KEA, Cole and some younger players rotating through the midfield.

Edited by Czechlad