Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Can't believe people are questioning Ashley young . Amazballs .

He is about three levels above where we are right now is not some retiree looking for a last payday or failed journeyman and he has only just turned 29 .

There is no way he would come here but if he did it would be the best signing we have made in years

Well it's because there's a couple of bitter and twisted sorts on here who believe he is 'shit' because of a couple of dives he made against us.

The fact is that he's several levels above Agbonlahor and Weimann and any other of our attacking options from midfield/on the flanks.

How about the opinion that the wages he would cost, would be better spent on someone else? Someone who hasn't had lots of injuries, dives a lot, goes missing in games and spent his last year at Villa overhitting crosses and shots. Would that be a valid opinion, or am I bitter and twisted too?

I love how some become AVFC accountants when it suits them. 

He's a quality player with end product, he'd improve us massively, I wouldn't worry too much about how 'better' the money could be spent if we had a realistic chance of signing a player of Ashley Young's quality. 

Pangloss, that's a ridiculous thing to say. "I wouldn't worry too much about how better the money could be spent if we had a realistic chance of signing a player of Ashley Young's quality"... Like he's some sort of Lionel Messi? On his day, he was good, but his day came extremely rarely for us, towards the end. His day has come about just as rarely in a Man Utd shirt tbh, so, even though he's a massive improvement on what we have. I'd much prefer a player of his quality, but in central midfield, which is where we really need quality. If I had to chose between giving his wages to him or someone like Gary Medel, a player on the up, who is a lot more consistent, I'd go for Medel every time.

• Like 1

Young was overrated here but for 18 great months. I was happy to get the money we did for him, which was far too much, and id not like him back unless he was going to take £25k a week. Even then I'd not really care all that much

Overated my arse. I think some fans got carried away with the "underachievement of not finishing 4th"

The guy was an absolute gem, even on an off day he would create numerous chances for himself and others.

Jeez.

Young was overrated here but for 18 great months. I was happy to get the money we did for him, which was far too much, and id not like him back unless he was going to take £25k a week. Even then I'd not really care all that much

Overated my arse. I think some fans got carried away with the "underachievement of not finishing 4th" and forget the quality these guys produced.

The guy was an absolute gem, even on an off day he would create numerous chances for himself and others.

Jeez.

• Like 2

I think he'd be a great signing and although described as an holding midfielder I think he'd give us a lot of attacking impetus. As I said someone on TBAR had said he'd been at Bodymoor Heath and that same poster mentioned Lerner being there other day before it became public knowledge, so lets hope so.

Edited by useless

I think he'd be a great signing and although described as an holding midfielder I think he'd give us a lot of attacking impetus. As I said someone on TBAR had said he'd been at Bodymoor Heath and that same poster mentioned Lerner being there other day before it became public knowledge, so lets hope so.

it was on tbar  :bang:

it was on tbar  :bang:

I'm not here to stick up for TBAR but serioiusly there are probably just as much bullshitting on here. In fact if you were to read that forum you'd see posts saying such and such person on VT has said this and that and guess what? Most of the time it turns out to be rubbish too.

Edited by useless

Ki would be a cracking player for us must be worth £3mil+ I'd say,all this transfer rumours tie in to what I was told few months back that we would buy/get freebies before we announce we are sold etc so prices arent inflated or want big money wages