Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Yeah. I'd take him. We need someone who can play between the lines and he'd do that nicely. Hardly going to be exciting. We're in for such a dull season ahead once again if we're just going to struggle to sign players like Hoolahan. 

Would rather have George Thorn at derby

He is owned by West Brom - doubt they'd be keen to sell to us!

He also doesn't play the same position. 

Hoolahan would be an improvement on what he have at AM, ie. nothing, so on that basis, yes. Obviously would be nice to be able to sign someone younger and more talented, but that obviously isn't going to happen. 

Can't see Norwich selling him to us anyway though, so it's all academic. 

If Wes Hoolahan is the best possible player we can attract right now, then there is not point in following football anymore. He didn't get any games for a miserable Norwich-side that relegated this season, so why on earth should we buy him?

I am sure he is a decent enough player, but why didn't he get any game-time if he was so good?

There are better players out there, too bad we don't have the manager or scouting network to find those players.

• Like 1

If Wes Hoolahan is the best possible player we can attract right now, then there is not point in following football anymore. He didn't get any games for a miserable Norwich-side that relegated this season, so why on earth should we buy him?

I am sure he is a decent enough player, but why didn't he get any game-time if he was so good?

There are better players out there, too bad we don't have the manager or scouting network to find those players.

Who wants to join a team when you may not be playing for the manager who signed you and most likely be involved in a relegation figh

If there's not money to spend I'd rather get someone in on loan and not have a player on a contract sticking around collecting his wages after one season. Get in people like Van Ginkel & Boyata for a season sure we may groom them for another club like Walker but if we haven't got any money and they keep us in the league no harm done, & most importantly we don't have another 30 something player past his prime collecting a wage for sitting on his arse.

If there's not money to spend I'd rather get someone in on loan and not have a player on a contract sticking around collecting his wages after one season. Get in people like Van Ginkel & Boyata for a season sure we may groom them for another club like Walker but if we haven't got any money and they keep us in the league no harm done, & most importantly we don't have another 30 something player past his prime collecting a wage for sitting on his arse.

At a time like this we need experienced heads, not two young unproven premier league players. Hoolahan would be a good signing. Spending money doesn't mean you'll strengthen, aka Norwich. I think Hoolahan and a DM on loan and we'll be ok once Kozak is back

Firstly I would get Barry in offer him a two year player coach role - as maybe if we give him a coaching role he will take less in wages, presuming he wants to step up to management when he retires.

Second get Lescott in, presuming he'll take a big wage drop and a gang of thugs aren't waiting to shank him the moment his Jag drives into Birmingham.

Third buy Cresswell if we can't get Betrand.

Hoolanhan will probably end up going to one of the new boys or a Championship club, Norwich will most likely never sell to us.

At a time like this we need experienced heads, not two young unproven premier league players. Hoolahan would be a good signing. Spending money doesn't mean you'll strengthen, aka Norwich. I think Hoolahan and a DM on loan and we'll be ok once Kozak is back

If you're good enough, you're old enough. I think clubs are really starting to stop buying Premier League players over a certain age as they know they're is no value for money, it's why we have struggled to offload the bomb squad. Hoolahan, while no doubting he has experience, (although 63 games is hardly that much), I think he's just such a deflating signing. Club needs a bit of rejuvenation right now and that certainly isn't it. 

Firstly I would get Barry in offer him a two year player coach role - as maybe if we give him a coaching role he will take less in wages, presuming he wants to step up to management when he retires.

Second get Lescott in, presuming he'll take a big wage drop and a gang of thugs aren't waiting to shank him the moment his Jag drives into Birmingham.

Third buy Cresswell if we can't get Betrand.

Hoolanhan will probably end up going to one of the new boys or a Championship club, Norwich will most likely never sell to us.

I'd have no problem with Barry at all, apparently James McCarthy has come one leaps and bounds since being slotted in next to him. If Barry could offer the same guidance to young AW & FD it would be very beneficial, as for Lescott the money would have to be right. You've got to question someones ambition when they've won everything in England, grand it's his boyhood club but if he's here for the £ then sod it.