Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Also didn't James nursery tweet that we where looking into getting pilkington from naaarwich as well as hoolahan?

I would take both to be honest, although Pilkington has had a couple of seasons riddled with injuries hasn't he?

Hoolahan could be a good stop gap for us IMO, given our current predicament with uncertainty over our ownership.

IF, we could sign them along with say Barry and Lescott on frees we could line up as:

..................Guzan

.........Okore,Vlaar,Lescott

Bacuna......Barry..........N'Zogbia

.......Westwood......Delph

..............Hoolahan

Weimann/Kozak/Benteke/Gabby

that wouldn't be bad would it?

Too many players on the pitch at once there.  11 is regulation I think.

• Like 3

Also didn't James nursery tweet that we where looking into getting pilkington from naaarwich as well as hoolahan?

I would take both to be honest, although Pilkington has had a couple of seasons riddled with injuries hasn't he?

Hoolahan could be a good stop gap for us IMO, given our current predicament with uncertainty over our ownership.

IF, we could sign them along with say Barry and Lescott on frees we could line up as:

..................Guzan

.........Okore,Vlaar,Lescott

Bacuna......Barry..........N'Zogbia

.......Westwood......Delph

..............Hoolahan

Weimann/Kozak/Benteke/Gabby

that wouldn't be bad would it?

Too many players on the pitch at once there.  11 is regulation I think.

Eh??? Nothing wrong with trying to put an additional three strikers on is there? Both Weimann and Gabby were pretty anonymous last season so no one would notice ;)

• Like 1

George Thorne for Derby looks like he's going to be some player. Didn't realise he was on loan from baggies!

Was just thinking the same thing. Can't see Baggies selling us anyone though

He could be a thorne in our side for many a season.

George Thorne for Derby looks like he's going to be some player. Didn't realise he was on loan from baggies!

He could be a thorne in our side for many a season.

That's if he's not out cleaning windows

Stuck out like a sore thumb in a game lacking any real quality. Would be the Dm we've been crying out for sitting in front of our back four but as you say the baggies would be reluctant to sell to us and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see any of the top four or five buying him in the summer and then loaning him back to the baggies to develop him more.

i'd take Hoolahan from Norwich - skillful player and in a position where we need to strengthen.

As for the above post by WHY - agree we are a great club, but unfortunately we don't have a team to match it yet