Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

Holtby is a different midfielder to delph and the others we have. Delph is definitely the best one we've got, but it could change the whole midfield dynamic which is what we need

No I wouldn't it is harder to find a defensive midfielder that can play with the ball than it is to find a DECENT attacking midfielder as that is all he is.

Yet we have struggled to get one for the last few yrs??

For me delph is clearly our best midfielder, but he is jack of all trades master of none. At times he can dribble well but then others his touch is poor, his passing is either good or terrible. Tackling he either wins the ball or gets booked.

Holtby is a different kind if footballer. He is good on the ball and can pick a pass. Was very rated at youth level captaining various German international sides. He would be great for us on my eyes

Rather have Delph AND Holtby. If we're going to be contenders for little more than relegation survivalists, then we need to add to the talent we do have, not change like for like.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a difficult decision to make - our player of the season, or a guy who couldn't get into the Fulham team when they were bottom of the table? Hmm, what to do, what to do . . .

Except he played 11 games for Fulham and he only joined them in January, he was excellent at villa park, he ran the game, I think he's an superb player

It's a shame that we couldn't get him in January

• Like 1

No I wouldn't it is harder to find a defensive midfielder that can play with the ball than it is to find a DECENT attacking midfielder as that is all he is.

Yet we have struggled to get one for the last few yrs??

For me delph is clearly our best midfielder, but he is jack of all trades master of none. At times he can dribble well but then others his touch is poor, his passing is either good or terrible. Tackling he either wins the ball or gets booked.

Holtby is a different kind if footballer. He is good on the ball and can pick a pass. Was very rated at youth level captaining various German international sides. He would be great for us on my eyes

Yes we have struggled and not one part of that has been his fault

I think Holtby is overrated, didn't do it at Spurs and didn't do it at Fulham. I would be happy if we could get him for a reasonable price as he will probably improve, but my idea of reasonable is a lot less than he is likely to go for. I would rather keep Delph.

Well BJ/Trent lets go macro economics...... yea lets not.

Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.

What I said before in the last post is correct and based off the accounts.

Simple, I don't go back on a word of it, even if Trent disagrees.

I'm surprised you still jump to his defence after he made you believe cut backs and the club you support being terrible was all part of a plan to build a new ambitious team and go again.

Well BJ/Trent lets go macro economics...... yea lets not.

Fact of the matter is he is about 100m down, he hasn't taken money out of the club and he certainly wont make that money back in the next year therefore he hasn't made money out of the club/isn't trying to make money out of the club whichever way you want to spin it.

What I said before in the last post is correct and based off the accounts.

Simple, I don't go back on a word of it, even if Trent disagrees.

I'm surprised you still jump to his defence after he made you believe cut backs and the club you support being terrible was all part of a plan to build a new ambitious team and go again.

That is what is happening though, just it will be with new owners and not RL. Had to happen either way, maybe not so quickly and with such drastic cuts, but it had to happen.

Whether the new investment in order to take us forward after the underperforming overpaid squad has been dismantled and moved on comes from RL or a new owner takes nothing away from the fact that they needed dismantling and moving on.