Your bestest accident / crash / fall / injury

chrisp65

Came of the bike on cobbles outside the Dukes Head in Putney, which, as usual for Summer days was packed with beautiful Putney people.

Lost a fair bit of skin.

tumblr_mnsvmpW2Xl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

That night I met up with a girl that would become my girlfriend for the following 6 years.

sigh.gif

Her bed the next day was caked in blood crust.

One back for the guys ;)

tumblr_lllvrn3G6n1qdy3rv.gif

Stevo showed me the magic of this gif

• Like 4

I was walking high up on some hills when I looked at the long path then I looked down the side of the hill and thought I knew which way would be quicker, so I went off the path and down the side of the hill trouble was that it was too steep so I ended up gaining loads of momentum and I couldn't stop myself charging down at full speed with my arms flailing pretty hysterically and I was heading for a stream, I tried to use the speed I built up to jump over it I nearly cleared it  but end up half in the stream and half smacked against the bank..

There was a group of elderly people at a picnic, they didn't say a thing.

Edited by useless

I decided that a normal door on my bathroom was taking up too musch space when it was open so I replaces it with a quality argos plastic folding consetina door. The new door was about 2 inches too tall for the frame so it needed cutting down to size, a normal person would of fetched a hacksaw and done the job with no problems, but me just out of the army had kept hold of my issue survival type knife, a big heavy brute as sharp as a razor, I fetched that and started to trim the bottom 2 inches off of the door with it, anyway long story short, at some point I slipped and 80% severed my index finger, just a bit of flesh and skin holding it on, 4 tee towels full of blood and some ruined timberland jeans later and the hospital go it sewed back on.

Timely thread, I slipped on ice in my driveway on Tuesday and landed square on my tailbone. I'm walking like a penguin right now. Sucks. If it's still real sore tomorrow, I might get it X-Rayed. 

My scariest crash was when I was painting a house and standing 4 rungs from the top of a 40 ft ladder and the bottom kicked out. I was saved by thick shrubbery. If that stuff wasn't there, I'd have probably broken my back at best.

I remember somehow managing to run into a taut clothesline the once  I'd threw my head back running at full tilt then suddenly sprang backwards like a plank of wood and ended up on my back,

I can match that. I was once swinging a cricket bat around in my garden (I'm from Oxford, ok) and it was dark, so I didn't see the clothes line that I promptly swung the bat into which then sprung back, whacked me on the head and left me concussed.

I remember somehow managing to run into a taut clothesline the once  I'd threw my head back running at full tilt then suddenly sprang backwards like a plank of wood and ended up on my back,

I can match that. I was once swinging a cricket bat around in my garden (I'm from Oxford, ok) and it was dark, so I didn't see the clothes line that I promptly swung the bat into which then sprung back, whacked me on the head and left me concussed.

Mine was in broad daylight, although I imagine the clothesline was see-through.

I electrocuted myself pretty badly trying to force open the dishwasher. I'd have deserved a Darwin award for that. (I actually knew someone who got a Darwin award, ironically via electrocution too).

Worst injury would probably be being kneed via snowboard in the back of the head after Kitzbuhel fogged over and we couldn't see our way down the mountain, so when I fell over the Swedish fella behind came racing down into my stricken head. Safe to say I got the cable car down the mountain ASAP.

Stuck my mates Triumph Tiger through a fence at speed, slicing my arm wide open, but missed the rather startled looking cat!

Last summer was mowing the lawn, stood upright under the extended branch of our cherry tree and sparked myself good and proper. The missus spent half hour searching for me as I'd dropped the other side of the rockery.

Fell onto a metal spiked fence railing topper thingy after falling from a tree (you know when you hang there?). Impaled my leg, really hurt. Will happily show anyone the relatively small scar if they see me at the Villa.

Getting accidentally stabbed in the side of the ribs with an icicle was probably the most weird/daft one I've sustained, as well as accidentally permanently scalding my hands aged 1.

Skiing fall in January 2012.. I've no idea what it looked like, but I'm guessing funny. Going down a packed slope weaving between people quite expertly. But there's a massive ice boulder about the size of a rugby ball on the slope. I nick it and lose my balance, but having not fallen for 3/4 days I decide I'm not willing to let my record be tarnished, so I try to stay on my feet. Mistake. One ski ventures out to the side dragging my leg with it. The ski doesn't pop off. I fall, putting all my weight right at the centre of my fully extended right leg. Something has to give. It's everything. Snap. There were no survivors. Torn anterior cruciate ligament, torn medial collateral ligament, damaged lateral meniscus and broken tibia. I lie face down in the snow saying oh ****.

And if that wasn't funny enough, rather than try calling for emergency help, I wait for the pain to go down a bit and then stick the skis back on and try heading down the mountain. Turning left is OK. Maybe it'll be ok. Turning right and it feels like my right lower and upper leg have never been introduced. Down I go. Full pain returns. So skiing down is not an option. I'm only about 2km from the top. I can walk that. Uphill. Carrying my skis. So I start. Again the same sensation. My knee feeling like the end of a game of jenga. I get maybe half a metre and give up. A girl I know has stopped and lets me use her phone to call the man. He skis me down the mountain behind him in a body bag.

What a caper

Skiing fall in January 2012.. I've no idea what it looked like, but I'm guessing funny. Going down a packed slope weaving between people quite expertly. But there's a massive ice boulder about the size of a rugby ball on the slope. I nick it and lose my balance, but having not fallen for 3/4 days I decide I'm not willing to let my record be tarnished, so I try to stay on my feet. Mistake. One ski ventures out to the side dragging my leg with it. The ski doesn't pop off. I fall, putting all my weight right at the centre of my fully extended right leg. Something has to give. It's everything. Snap. There were no survivors. Torn anterior cruciate ligament, torn medial collateral ligament, damaged lateral meniscus and broken tibia. I lie face down in the snow saying oh ****.

And if that wasn't funny enough, rather than try calling for emergency help, I wait for the pain to go down a bit and then stick the skis back on and try heading down the mountain. Turning left is OK. Maybe it'll be ok. Turning right and it feels like my right lower and upper leg have never been introduced. Down I go. Full pain returns. So skiing down is not an option. I'm only about 2km from the top. I can walk that. Uphill. Carrying my skis. So I start. Again the same sensation. My knee feeling like the end of a game of jenga. I get maybe half a metre and give up. A girl I know has stopped and lets me use her phone to call the man. He skis me down the mountain behind him in a body bag.

What a caper

You have my sympathy..well the skiing aside

Â