The Boring Thread

Spoony

Experimenting with looping shoelaces underneath the bow.

Supposedly makes for a more secure knot.

Ah, yes, shoelaces!

It is my opinion, that there has been, thus far, no greater moment of personal triumph or satisfaction, than that moment, as a child, when I first successfully tied my own shoelaces.

Of course, as is human nature, I now take my ability to tie my own shoelaces entirely for granted, but I am sadly aware that difficulties with shoelaces tend to bookend most lives.

Just like I considered tying my own shoelaces, as a child, was a major step towards being grown-up, I now realise that the necessity to use Velcro to fasten shoes, is a major step into old-age.

May I just add, that I consider the flat shoelace to be superior to the round, but I realise that this may be a source of some contention, because it can be argued that the flat shoelace's tendency to tangle, is just as much of a nuisance, as the round shoelace's tendency to come undone.

• Like 2

Are you real or is this like a parody thing or something?

I am not really sure if it is parody or not, but if it is a parody then it is definitely a parody of myself.

But most of all, I think I am just learning to embrace my inner-bore; after this thread opened up broad vistas of opportunity for me.

I have to say that it is very surprising to find, that even when it comes to expressing one's most boring and banal thoughts, that it turns out that there are rules.

While cleaning my fish tank last night (actually, cleaning would be overstating it, I just changed one third of the water and changed the filter) I realised that the little pack of chemicals had biological booster but the water conditioner sachet was empty.

I've vacated Villa Talk recently but, alas, I return and I am stunned to discover that this is still going. Jesus you guys are boring.

But on that topic, I have a day off work. I might pick up my dry cleaning. I KNOW how to party and I shan't hear otherwise.

Â