Opinions on season so far (no replies to any posts)

foreveryoung

Im just looking for fans personal opinions our 2013-2014 season so far. No one comment on individual posts, just your own opinion without other posters reaction to it!

I think its awful yet again, It frustrates me how Lambert still dont seem to know his best team or formation. I truely hope we can keep our head above water. If we do stay up this season, we cannot continue onto next season with the same set up and another fight for relegation, because I really think it will be our last and the likes of the Bloose will be our season derby!

I dont have the answers cause im not that close to the club, none of us are. All I can do is have my own personal opinion and that is Lambert has done a truely woeful job of rebuilding this team and the coaching after nearly season 2 and has shown no progression on the players he has signed. I agree not all signings work, but this is where quality coaching comes in. Its not as though they have got to learn to work with strange players, most of them were all brought in together, Keep changing formations and teams does not help the squad and I think this has a big bearing on the quality we are seeing. Maybe if Lambert stuck with 1 or 2 main formations the team would kinda know what hey are supposed to be doing.

Anyway enough of my rant, who's next??

Meh.

I think that describes it best. We addressed our defensive short comings at the expense of our play going forward, and it's worked to an extent. Hopefully we can add 3 or 4 players onto the current squad come the summer and start to push up the table.

I think we'll stay up relatively comfortably and finish around 10th-13th.

• Like 1

There are so many things that a manager gets up to, that we can never be privvy to, so the criteria we have to use to make our Judgements is limited, but on that basis here goes.... 

I can generally tell when I listen to a manager speak either before a game or a review after the game of whether I think he is up to it or not, the level of detail is usually an indication for me whether a manager knows whats going on or not, some can be cagey, but the sheer enthusiasm of their own knowledge is too much for them to hide and it is detectable....Bobby Robson and Jose Mourinho are typical examples of this, even Sam Allardyce has his moments, Harry in his pomp is another knowledgeable contributor.

That along side what they do in the transfer market is another major piece of criteria to judge them on.

I have a grave doubt we have one that is going to do anything for us.....I sincerely hope I am wrong.

The club is doing the bare minimum, and at the moment is just about getting away with it. Not sure how much longer I can put up with it though. I know losing Okore and Kozak was a massive blow, but January was a great chance to address the problems we had in the first half of the season. We didn't do it, and are now completely predictable. Teams know to sit deep and wait for us to gift them a chance. Relying on away form to keep you up is very dangerous, especially as we've not been as impressive away from home so far this year either.

Really hoping to see a bit more ambition from the club next season, if we survive this one. 

• Like 1

Â