Opinions on season so far (no replies to any posts)

foreveryoung

Same as last year.

The trimming continued the squad filled out some more with the same quality we have minus Tonev of course lol

Staying up and building with fewer players brought in the summer will see a little progress next year and hopefully on going from there.

To sum it up in two words it would be....

Ongoing Project

Extremely disappointing is how i'd describe it, disappointing style, signings, results and table position.

Thought we'd progress this year and separate ourselves from the relegation contenders and finish 11-12th, obviously we could still finish there but were still flirting with it and could quite easily go down and were 26 games in. Just another season to forget, every time we've survived these past 3-4 years i've though right the owner and manager knows what needs to be done now to kick on and then were always in the same position a year later.

No further forward than last season, terrible tactics, poor poor squad, horrible to watch.

We all know that Lerner & co will make promises if we survive this season about new signings to get season ticket holders to renew but then once again fail to deliver and in turn this kick and rush will continue under Lambert.

Lerner is happy with this mediocrity as it means minimal $ outlay and so far for him Lambert can do no wrong. For us the fans it's death by a thousand cuts as it means we get to watch players like Tonev and Luna wear our club shirts when they aren't fit to be called footballers let alone professionals.

• Like 3

An awful group of players, a tactically inept manager who also seems bereft of any man management ability.  In short, this is the season Villa go down thanks to one man.  That man is Randy Lerner and the consistent string of bad decisions, bad appointments and lack of strong, responsible, financial investment that is needed to get this team into a position where it can start to heal.

In all honestly i have lost so much faith in the entire setup at Villa that i now think that relegation is the only thing that can save us.  Might force Lerner to sell, should mean the end of Lambert and will mean a complete gutting of the club as at the moment it is rotten to the core and needs gutting.  Top-down and bottom-up they ALL need to go.

Disappointing

Glad there are alot of poor teams around the bottom this season otherwise we would be in more trouble than we currently are

Lessons have not been learnt by the chairman who continues to gamble with the club's future

Really, disappointing, frustrating season. Most of our players bar two or three exceptions have been woeful all season, even our superstar striker looks like he can't be arsed. Nothing much to shout about if truth be told. If this is "progress" or "stability" I want out.

No way should our manager get a contract extention off the back of this. I'd let him sweat a little and perhaps if there is no improvement before the summer, take our chances with someone else.

• Like 1

Piss poor. Makes me not want to watch home games anymore as we either lose, lose or are shit and lose.

Like previously mentioned, the cider in the Holte Suite is an improvement but they even had to mess that up by removing draught stout.

Matchday is a chore.

• Like 1

Frustrating and dull, at times.

Only barely acceptable.

If we scrape a mid table finish I'll be satisfied (emphasis on satisfied. not happy, or thrilled or content for that to be where we are forever... just satisfied).

But we have to kick on next season.

The areas that obviously need improving must be addressed.

Â