Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Nigel

Holt off for albrighton plz

I 'd bring a midfield player on and push Weimann up alongside Benteke.

Albrighton ability to run with ball will help on counter attack

I'd like to see Albrighton in the middle

Why would you want to see Albrighton play in a position he's never played in :-/

MOTD's Jonathan Pearce at Goodison ParkHALF-TIME - Everton 0-1 Aston Villa

"A few boos for the referee who allowed play to go on after Fabien Delph dispossessed Ross Barkley, with the ball working its way to Leandro Bacuna, who gave Aston Villa the lead with their only shot of the first half. Everton have been disappointing so far."

Fat word removed can't even offer any praise.

Jonathan Pearce

Rofl i expect nothing less than the bloke who used to do the commentary on Robot Wars ffs

Clueless clearing in the woods

We always loose when Albrighton plays  :angry:

**** DEPRESSING

Embarassing play. Have we even had the ball apart from the goal?

You're embarrassing, we're winning. 

Your just "result" focused. If you look at our overall game in that half, its been shit.

It's called having a game plan. It's working. Everton haven't had any meaningful attacks. We're 1-0 up. 

I repeat, do you even understand football?

Would like to see if u had the same opinion if we didnt score on our only chance in our game, and evertons hit in the bar in the start of the half went in

1) It was the post. Top comprehension kid.

2) If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Fact of the matter is, we're winning and that's down to a perfectly executed game plan. Everton are getting frustrated and trying to force things. It's not as if we've hung on. We've defended incredibly well and really ground out the half.

If you don't want to see a defensive game plan away from home, even if it garners a result, then maybe this isn't the sport for you.

The problem is Martinez will change it and lambert has to be ready to adjust

Not convinced about this Albrighton flavour of the month thing.  A couple of good run outs but not what we need for a whole half against this lot.

I think Holt is restricting their forward movement from the back.......hard to say he should do a lot at present he hasn't had the ball

• Like 1

Yep and me. Holt has offered very little.

I agree, I'd bring Helenius on to be fair. I don't think Lowton would be able to handle Baines else I'd say but Bacuna in the hole and Lowton on.

Was thinking the same, would like to see Bacuna pushed forward but unfortunately it's pretty obvious Baines would destroy Matty.

Why would you want to see Albrighton play in a position he's never played in :-/
Think he might be good there. He can go past a man on both sides. Works hard pressing. I've always wanted to see if he could do it.

Nice finish from Bacuna. We look happy to just defend and I'm pleased we've got the goal, but I'm still very worried. We're soaking up a hell of a lot of pressure so we need to be a bit more tidy in possession. Please hold on lads, this'd be massive if we could pull this off.

Holt has persistently fouled and lost the ball, but I wasn't expecting much more. Think PL will keep it the same for 15-20 mins and if we haven't conceded we can try see the game out with some fresh legs. Not been pretty so far but effective. 8 years without a defeat at Goodison will be quite something considering how strong they generally are at home.

Defo think we'll need another for a win though. Come on bring it home boys !

Not convinced about this Albrighton flavour of the month thing. A couple of good run outs but not what we need for a whole half against this lot.

I think Holt is restricting their forward movement from the back.......hard to say he should do a lot at present he hasn't had the ball

I think his lack of seeing the ball is down to him.

We were fantastically well-organised that half. I only hope we can maintain our work ethic because it has been crucial. El Ahmadi has a big role to play when he comes on.

In the meantime, sort it out United and Spurs! Be disappointing if all the sides below us win too. I'd like to develop a gap.

More than anything we need another goal and for Bacuna to keep Baines at bay for the rest of the game. There aren't many right backs who can do that, so considering he isn't actually a right back he is doing a bloody good job of it so far.