Joe Lolley

MCU

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What a guy. Would love him at Villa

Same. I'm convinced he would have done as well, if not better, than our current wide players, Jack excluded of course. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same. I'm convinced he would have done as well, if not better, than our current wide players, Jack excluded of course. 

Easily. He’s better than El Ghazi was in the Championship, and I rate El Ghazi higher than Trezeguet. 

Plus you’d get an extra 10% because he’s a Villan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Wanted him at Villa in the summer. Think he's better than Bowen that everyone was clamouring to sign this window. He costed too much though. But then again, we're getting what we paid for with Jota and Trez.

Bruce should've thrown money at Forest for him instead of all the junk signings

He signed a juicy new contract when his stock was very high and I absolutely don't blame him. That was the window we had to get him to Villa Park. I'm torn between wanting him to play for villa and wanting villa and him to be at the same level.

Ideal scenario...

We stay up. Forest get up. He's shit for Forest for the season. They go down. We pick him up. He's an utter star alongside England captain Jack Grealish. He moves into a coaching role after 3 years of old man wing wizardry.

Thanks for posting that interview, really refreshing to hear a footballer being so candid. Always seemed like a great lad on here and looks like nothing has changed since. Would absolutely have had him ahead of El Ghazi or Trez but appreciate those 2 probably cost less combined than he would and we desperately needed the squad depth

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bruce should've thrown money at Forest for him instead of all the junk signings

Well if Bruce had sense he would have signed him when Huddersfield wanted rid of him

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Wanted him at Villa in the summer. Think he's better than Bowen that everyone was clamouring to sign this window. He costed too much though. But then again, we're getting what we paid for with Jota and Trez.

I get why we signed Trez, Jota and El Ghazi as they were relatively cheap an we needed bodies in. Would have been nice to sign Lolley though as well. 

I was at the Baggies game yesterday (My mom is a Baggies fan so took her to see the game), and I was 5 rows from the front so had a up close and personal view of Lolley, particularly in the second half when he was basically playing right in front of us. First half he seemed to be playing up front centrally with Grabban but definitely had more luck when he moved out wide.

Probably not one of his best games as he didn't get on the ball much, but he looked so dangerous when he did! Just drives at the defenders as soon as he picks it up.

He probably should have had two penalties, looked like strong cases from where I was and he was livid he didn't get them.

Seemed to be carrying an injury as well.

Was interesting to see him that close up. I thought about shouting at him but given I was amongst the Baggies fans I didn't know if it would go down very well!

Should be the first name on the transfer targets if we go down this season.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not sure we could probably afford him, Forest probably want 15 million or so

We'd be overpaying if we paid that for him, but we'll have 60 million in the bank from selling Grealish.

I'd be happy to have him in the Premier League, I think he'd be an excellent signing in the Championship

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Â