Joe Lolley

MCU

I thought at the time this summer we'd be shopping for more accomplished top flight players but DS has chosen to roll the dice with a lot of his business. 

I think Joe would have been a far safer purchase than several of our buys this Summer and would have an immediate impact.

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think Joe would have been a far safer purchase than several of our buys this Summer and would have an immediate impact.

I’d agree with this. I didn’t think he would be good enough for us in the Premier League But he looks twice the player of our current wing options. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

How does scoring against Blues in the league below show that he’s good enough for us? 

Ugh ffs. Did I even say that was why he was good enough? Try again. 

Edited by Ingram85

7 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Would have cost over 3 times as much as El Ghazi and maybe even 3 times as much as Trezegeut with the nonsense fees for heavily contracted English players.

Absolute non starter, just as unproven and would have been horrific business.

No way he'd have cost around £30m.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

No way he'd have cost around £30m.

El Ghazi was £6m and Trezeguet was around £8m wasn't he?

Either way, he wouldn't have gone for less than £20m and a hell of a fight from Forest I would imagine. Same as Butland.

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

El Ghazi was £6m and Trezeguet was around £8m wasn't he?

Either way, he wouldn't have gone for less than £20m and a hell of a fight from Forest I would imagine. Same as Butland.

yep, that was my thoughts on him all summer when we were linked, we've ended up for 2 wingers for less than he would have cost us, no criticism of joe's ability purely just a value for money thing, hard to tell if we were ever actually in for him but you look at walking away from £30m phillips and getting marvellous + luiz, walking away from butland and getting heaton, buying trez and AEG instead of pursuing lolley

how all of those end up by the end of the season we will see but at the moment im not complaining with what we did

I think Lolley's better than El Ghazi personally. Will have to wait and see on Trezeguet.

But I do agree with the general point that he'd likely have been far more expensive. Given he'd recently signed a new contract and is English we'd have probably looking at £15 million at least. Which begrudgingly probably isn't good value

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Forest top after beating Stoke. Joe even did us a solid by pointing out by example that we were right not to sign Jack Butland.  

Christ, he didn't do it again did he.

What a honking season.

Â