Joe Lolley

MCU

On 18/04/2020 at 17:23, villa4europe said:

I'm sure he's a big FM player and tweets about it a fair bit

He is and has been since his time on here. I remember giving him some advice on it about 10 years ago!

I'm not sure of the format but he appears to have beaten Leeds today

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I'm not sure lolley is what we need tbh.

He's one of the best midfielders/attackers in the Championship. He plays wide.

We'll be in the Championship next season and our wide attacking players are absolute dog shit which has been one of the main reasons our attack has been so shit this season.

He is quite literally exactly what we need.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's one of the best midfielders/attackers in the Championship. He plays wide.

We'll be in the Championship next season and our wide attacking players are absolute dog shit which has been one of the main reasons our attack has been so shit this season.

He is quite literally exactly what we need.

Personally I think we needed bowen, we needed benrahma, we needed Buendia etc.

The fact we are saying we need Lolley, for me is more a  symptom of our terrible transfers out wide, not the fact we actually need Lolley.

But granted, as a 4th or 5th choice because we failed to get any of the others, lolley is probably better than trez?

Who knows.....trez might become an assassin in the champ 😜

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Personally I think we needed bowen, we needed benrahma, we needed Buendia etc.

The fact we are saying we need Lolley, for me is more a  symptom of our terrible transfers out wide, not the fact we actually need Lolley.

But granted, as a 4th or 5th choice because we failed to get any of the others, lolley is probably better than trez?

Who knows.....trez might become an assassin in the champ 😜

Well if we were recruiting for another season in the premier league I might agree with you. 

But we’re not. We’re recruiting for the championship, unfortunately. And wide attackers is one of our weakest areas, so I think a player like Lolley would be a very good fit

It's not too far fetched he'll find himself in the PL next season. They're not favourites for the playoffs, but they've done well against the top teams this season. 4 points against Leeds, I think, and 6 from Brentford, if I'm not mistaken. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they go up. I'm not sure he's good enough that they'll want to be starting him, but he's certainly a capable squad player for them in the PL, IMO.

• 1 year later...

On the bench today against Leicester, been out for what seems like ages and I’m sure he was declared fit a month ago but hasn’t been rushed back. Felt like he fell off a bit form wise pre injury and has got a bit disillusioned with things but I hope he can get his career back on track again under Cooper as he is a quality player.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Bring him home!

I'd have loved him to come here in our first PL season, but with all due respect to Lolley, it's not El Ghazi and Trezeguet he'd be competing with these days, and he's 29. That ship has sailed.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd have loved him to come here in our first PL season, but with all due respect to Lolley, it's not El Ghazi and Trezeguet he'd be competing with these days, and he's 29. That ship has sailed.

Same. I think I said at the time something like i'd have preferred Lolley and Albrighton instead of El Ghazi and Trez, but like you say, the Villa dream has gone now. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’d love to see him correcting a lot of the shit everyone (including me) chats in On Topic threads

Maybe I missed something but what was that 🤔 strange thing to argue in On Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Â