Nahki Wells

samjp26

We've already got a squad full of players barely able to cope at this level. Do we really need to gamble on more?

Agree with this, can we not sign proven quality at this level? Is it too much to ask of this inept manager?

But it's a cover signing for Kozak. Not a first choice player. I would hope we sign more experienced players in the positions we desperately need to fill.

Worrying. Really worrying.

Its not really.

Yes it is, it's not how a premier league club of our stature should act

Didn't Man U sign Nick Powell from League One Crewe?

All clubs look at the lower leagues and I doubt IF he were to come here that he'd be our only signing.

• Like 1

How can people say we dont need a striker?  Our highest scorer is Benteke and he hasnt scored since september ffs.  At least this guy is in good form and might add a spark to the front players around him. 14 goals in 19 games in the league so far this season.  Get him in, no doubt he will be better than Weimann as at least he has some composure and he knows where the net is!

We've already got a squad full of players barely able to cope at this level. Do we really need to gamble on more?

Agree with this, can we not sign proven quality at this level? Is it too much to ask of this inept manager?

But it's a cover signing for Kozak. Not a first choice player. I would hope we sign more experienced players in the positions we desperately need to fill.

Exactly. It's not like he would be earmarked to replace Gabby or Benteke, but a useful option on the bench.

IF he came, I'd expect Bowery and the Fonz to be shown the door, thus improving squad options.

Its not really.

All clubs look at the lower leagues and I doubt IF he were to come here that he'd be our only signing.

We consistently dip into the lower leagues though, our squad is full of them, top clubs only sign exceptional players from lower leagues like nick powell

Of our stature? Jesus you sound like a Kop fan.

Means **** all these days, if you listen carefully you can hear some Forest fans banging on about the european cup as well.

Does them the world of good.

Not everyone is happy for their club to drop so they can support the owner.

• Like 1

The fact that he's from League 1 is no indication of his ultimate capability. He could take the premier league in his stride for whomever he plays for.

In short, you never know what you're capable of until you're put in that situation. 

My grandfather never thought he could shoot down a German plane, but last year he proved us all wrong.

:mellow:  :P  

• Like 3

Means **** all these days, if you listen carefully you can hear some Forest fans banging on about the european cup as well.

Still a big club, should've got cl in 08/09

Sometimes I think lambert is offered the money and rejects it thinking he can do ok without. I mean its obvious we are gonna do nothing better with these type of players, but he is obviously still looking for them. Its like he is scared to spend big money, because if he fails and spends proper money he will be sacked. At the moment he has an excuse of building a team out of youth.

Nice strawman :-)

Why waste our limited budget then?

"We don't need him at the moment" - remind me, how is our attack doing? Benteke - hasn't scored in 4 months. Kozak - out for the season. Weimann - in horrible form, 1 goal this season. Helenius - clearly out of favour and not cutting it, only 3 sub appearances in the league. Bowery - yet to score or show even the slightest threat for Villa.

But that's not even the point. The point is if we don't sign him, somebody else will. We will miss out. We've been linked with him before we were even drawn against Bradford in the cup last season. Lambert clearly sees something in him and wants him for the long term.

And that's not even the main point. The REAL point is of course we are not going to sign Wells if it means we can't afford to buy our other main targets! Lambert has come out and said "we need experience" and "we need a number 10". Those are clearly the priority. If we sign Wells it will be AS WELL AS our other targets.

And the reason why the strikers isn't scoring regularily is because the midfield is a total mess. Get some quality in midfield, try keeping possession and the goals will come.

All IMO of course...

I totally agree that we need more quality in midfield. That is the priority. But our strikers are really struggling for form as well. The few chances that are created are consistently squandered by Benteke and Weimann - neither have scored for 4 months! Kozak now injured and Helenius has only had 1 successful sub cameo.

My point is more that Lambert has clearly been after him for a while and Wells is now playing so well that if we don't make a move this window we will probably miss out on him. And, of course, that he won't be the only signing we make.

Agreed

Exactly. It's not like he would be earmarked to replace Gabby or Benteke, but a useful option on the bench.

IF he came, I'd expect Bowery and the Fonz to be shown the door, thus improving squad options.

Bowery isn't going anywhere

Sometimes I think lambert is offered the money and rejects it thinking he can do ok without. I mean its obvious we are gonna do nothing better with these type of players, but he is obviously still looking for them. Its like he is scared to spend big money, because if he fails and spends proper money he will be sacked. At the moment he has an excuse of building a team out of youth.

I think that might be the case, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

Its not really.

All clubs look at the lower leagues and I doubt IF he were to come here that he'd be our only signing.

We consistently dip into the lower leagues though, our squad is full of them, top clubs only sign exceptional players from lower leagues like nick powell

It's only my opinion, but I believe that quantity has taken priority over quality in the last few windows, simply because we already has a small squad and we were looking to get shot of half of them.

We had little money, but needed bodies that could (just about) keep us in the League until the big earners had gone.

On this occasion, if we are looking at this player then it's to add a new dimension to the squad, and some of the "filler" players will be gone in the summer.