Nahki Wells

samjp26

Would be an interesting signing for us tbh, pacey, skillful, can finish, on that basis? Yes please!! Bringing him on when we need a goal against tired defenders?? Agbonlahor MK II

Sounds like an on form Wiemann. Maybe lambert should consentrate on getting him 100% too. He could save a fortune if we get them all playing like they did end of last season. But I tell ya what lets give up and just replace them.

I suppose but maybe Weimann can then be played as a central striker... his best aspect is his finishing but he gets pushed out wide =/

Have you watched Weimann play lately ? - If you have I really don't see how you can his best aspect is his finishing - Every shot he has is a least 4 ft wide of either post or 4ft over the bar.....and those measurements are being very kind.  

Whether you are played wide or not - shouldn't affect your ability to hit the target when a reasonable chance presents itself.

I don't mean that as my opinion.... Just what we kept getting told by Bent lol

???? Not sure I understand - you posted that Weimans best aspect was his finishing ? - Now your saying that isn't your opinion - But that of players who left us in August ? ....#confused 

Bent gave an interview a while ago about how Weimann was the "best finisher" at the club, that's where I was formulating my point... I don't think weimann's a great finisher... he rushes himself far to much to be composed enough...

But really why do we need to sign another forward?! Benteke, Gabby, Weimann, Helenius, Bowery. Yes two of those hardly get a kick at prem level and probably aren't that good and Weimann is in terminal decline seemingly but still 5 forwards numberwise is what most prem clubs get by with.

Kozak's not going to be injured forever and will hopefully be playing again in August so where would Wells be in the pecking order when he's fit? And if Benteke leaves, everyone will be demanding a top line striker to come in to replace him so that would bump Wells down another place.

I'd rather get in an excellent 10 and in the summer a top wide player and y'know our football might improve as a result and we might win more than two home games for every 10 we play at VP rather than another striker.

People are acting like we're definitely signing him. Isn't it just a Metro report?

Yep, which is on the speculation blacklist, for good reason.

I didn't know The Metro was blacklisted so I apologise, Reading are apparently in for him too though - another news story (this time from a local Reading newspaper):

As well as Celtic, the Scottish champions, interest in Wells has also apparently come from Aston Villa, Stoke City and Sunderland, of the Barclays Premier League.

Wolverhampton Wanderers, who are in League One with Bradford, have ruled themselves out of the chase for Wells, although Kenny Jackett, their manager, has admitted that he inquired about the much admired Bermudian.

“We did inquire about Wells but his ambitions lie above League One,” Jacket said.

Phil Parkinson, the Bradford manager, said yesterday that it was important for Wells, who has refused talks over a contract extension, to remain focused on his role at the club.

“The most important thing for Nahki is getting back out there and playing as well as he can,” Parkinson told the Bradford Telegraph and Argus yesterday. “The rest takes care of itself.”

While Bradford battle to hold on to their key player, they are moving closer to offloading some fringe players to free up space in the budget to bring in new players.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20140107/SPORT01/140109854

Looks to have potential and this would look a decent move for both player and us.

I would guess and hope that Lambo wants another striker in that will give him a choice on the bench that he now lacks. Wells at say £2m along with Hoolahan at around £1.5m might not impact on our ability to bring in another couple of players on loan or otherwise that would cost us more fee and/or salary wise.     

• Like 1