Nahki Wells

samjp26

This would be the 5th centre forward signed by Lambert. I just don't get it. This signing would mean we'd have 7 players able to play in the central role when all fit.

So is this basically admitting Bowery and Helenius have been wastes?

I thought the argument was that Lambert now had his squad players and we only needed to add quality to it.

I don't believe this link because it just concerns me if true.

Wells wouldn't play through the middle I don't think

"We don't need him at the moment" - remind me, how is our attack doing? Benteke - hasn't scored in 4 months. Kozak - out for the season. Weimann - in horrible form, 1 goal this season. Helenius - clearly out of favour and not cutting it, only 3 sub appearances in the league. Bowery - yet to score or show even the slightest threat for Villa. Yes, it's League 1, but Wells has scored 14 goals in 19 games this season. He got plenty last season too. He knows where the goal is.

But that's not even the point. The point is if we don't sign him, somebody else will. We will miss out. We've been linked with him before we were even drawn against Bradford in the cup last season. Lambert clearly sees something in him and wants him for the long term.

And that's not even the main point. The REAL point is of course we are not going to sign Wells if it means we can't afford to buy our other main targets! Lambert has come out and said "we need experience" and "we need a number 10". Those are clearly the priority. If we sign Wells it will be AS WELL AS our other targets.

Is this a promise?

A top heavy squad, set to get heavier.

Still, it'll give us the dream team of Wells and Bowery up front. Can't wait, that's well worth the £40 admission fee.

What if I told you ... We can sign more than one player in January.

We didn't last year. And we've got a chairman tighter than a gnats chuff.

Its not even the fact he won't be our only signing why are we still looking at those types. Its another Luna and bennet. The first one Lambert signed wasn't good enough so we replace a cheap gamble with another cheap gamble.

We're a premier league team with a top half income, when are we going to **** act like it?

• Like 1

Still, it'll give us the dream team of Wells and Bowery up front. Can't wait, that's well worth the £40 admission fee.

We did, Dawkins and sylla

0,,10265~11614651,00.jpg

We borrowed Dawkins, we didn't sign him.

We borrowed Dawkins, we didn't sign him.

Still a loan SIGNING

Still a loan SIGNING

Loan - to borrow.

I see your point, but for me with loans we don't own the player, just the registration for a period of time.

Dawkins barely made the pitch during his time here, Sylla can't get near the team now. Both wastes of the small amount of money Lambert had.

I was just watching a few of his youtube videos and a lot of the time it doesn't look he is playing as the striker. If Lambert was after cover for Kozak then you'd think it would be Hansen. Wells seems more of a backup to Gabby or Weimann rather than a direct replacement for Kozak.