• Albrighton
    • Weimann
    • Helenius

Premiership quality players: Delph, Clark and Benteke

Championship quality players: Albrighton, Weimann

League One: Lowton, Luna, Steer,

Undecided: Westwood, Helenius and Bacuna

Shit: Tonev

Saw it coming reason I went for Sheffield United at 11/2.

Edited by Avflife

We need a new manager, if only for a 5 or 6 game "honeymoon period" that will see us safe.

Lambert is **** useless.

Only good thing about to day is I stayed at home and saved a few quid.

Snap think staying at home was the best idea :)

I didn't see the game, can somebody explain to me how we only managed 2 shots on target at home against league one opposition? They managed 5?

They were better than us. I'd say the manager and players had found their level, but they still struggled.

just got back in, what a load of shit, they were easily the better team and definitely deserved the win. aston villa fc is on its knees. got naff all to look forward to now because lets face it this season wont improve. we might stay up just but that's about it

• Like 3

No real excuse for that. Tactics were wrong and we didn't change them.

Albrighton needs to hit crosses to near post only. He over hits 80% of them, so if he aims near post, someone who can finish can make a far post run.

We have no one with the ability to be useful in possession.

I didn't see the game, can somebody explain to me how we only managed 2 shots on target at home against league one opposition? They managed 5?

Sheffield played well. Very organised, every player did the job they were expected to do. Nicked a goal against the run of play and defended resolutely.

On the other hand about 2 villa players did everything that could be expected of them - you can't really say anything bad about steer, didn't have a chance with the goals, and his kicking was good. Albrighton tried. Otherwise, we gave the ball away all over the field and didn't have a clue what to do in the final third.

Even the goal was lucky, I thought it was a clear handball by Weimann before it fell to Big Nik.

Embarrassing. I seem to recall someone saying earlier that we might get 20 seconds of highlights on the ITV highlight show. Pretty sure we'll get at least 10 minutes now.

Sheffield United made it a decent cup tie. They refused to sit on their lead and continued to make a game of it.

At half time it wasn't a crazy notion to think that we would put 4 past them.

But we huffed and puffed and made a few half chances. Helenius definitely made a difference when he came on, and we might even have scored 2 goals in injury time. But we didn't.

The same game last season and Benteke would probably be carrying the match ball home.

Had we won it wouldn't have papered over the cracks and, while I don't like losing, it's not the end of the world. We lost to a side who deserved their FA Cup moment, sharing it with an excellent travelling support.

Albrighton looked reasonable against lower league opposition, and

Clark looked immense against same. Delph very nearly finished a game without a yellow card, but couldn't quite pull it off. Weimann was woeful and, yet again, I have absolutely no clue what goes on inside the head of Paul Lambert.

Bring on Arsenal!

• Like 2

Not many replies to the thread, and I think that shows the wall of apathy that this match had. No Villa fan could be really bothered today after the comments by Lambert and in all honesty it was not a suprise Sheffield United won. 8 defeats at home in all competitions and its only January. Feeble. It is a total groundhog day talking about Villa's dire peformance and if a struggling league one side (who lost to Walsall midweek) had it sussed out how to beat us at home, it is very worrying indeed. They totally deserved the win and I would not say any Villa player played well at all.

58 years and counting, and yes it does hurt Paul.

Got trying to stay up to look forward to until May, and then see where the Club is going forward. Hopefully with a major cash injection or this will be Villa's standing for a long,long,long time.

What is the bloody point of going to Villa Park these days. Arsenal will muller us. The only good point was getting home early as less than 20,000 Villa fans could be arsed to pay and watch a extra home defeat.

Bah.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Â