• Clark
    • Lowton
    • Bacuna
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Albrighton
    • Weimann
    • Helenius

Guess I am glad I didn`t get to watch it. Still confused as the last time I saw sheffield they really looked out of it but good on them. Pretty lackluster, thought we would have had this one but to me it`s not such a big deal that we are out as our squad is pretty thin. That`s no excuse for the loss however...

Go now Paul sick of this lousy attempt of being a manager

Give hoddle the job knows how to play football and used to working with younger players and he knows different formations

Good lord no! Tell me one good job Hoddle has done as a manager? He was one of those guys that kept getting employed on the basis he was a good player.

England mate lol anyway anybody but lambert someone who likes to play football not long ball shit lol
  • Like 2

Give hoddle the job knows how to play football and used to working with younger players and he knows different formations

Good lord no! Tell me one good job Hoddle has done as a manager? He was one of those guys that kept getting employed on the basis he was a good player.

England mate lol anyway anybody but lambert someone who likes to play football not long ball shit lol

Genuine question. Did you punctuation keys fall off?

On another day we could have won this game comfortably. Sheff Utd defended well enough but got lucky by scoring with a jammy deflection off their 1st shot on target. Benteke should have got us level just before the break but somehow missed a simple headed opportunity from a great cross from Albrighton. It just refuses to happen for him at the moment but at least he is getting into scoring positions.

After we equalised I honestly felt there was only going to be one winner. Unfortunately I was wrong.

Also, don't know who was the most invisible todaty, Tonev or Weimann?

At least Helenius looked half decent when he came on too.

I will console myself with the certain knowledge that at least Man U won't be knocking us out of this years FA Cup competition again.

• Like 1

you or your? :)

lol not the brightest ever lived mate if that answers your post lol

Another woeful result under the management of Paul Lambert.

The players he has signed are quite simply, on the whole, not good enough.

The performance yet again is quite simply not acceptable.

Lambert out.  The only thing that is saving him is that Randy Lerner is even more clueless than him!

• Like 3

A fine end to the christmas period. Still at least it isn't quite as bad as last year. It is a grim and depressing place to be Villa Park at present. I don't know what the answer is, but there are deep rooted problems at Villa that will not go away for some time yet.  We are fast becoming a irrelevance in football, going round in circles with less and less people caring. Night all.

lol not the brightest ever lived mate if that answers your post lol

It's okay, just wondering :D

Two teams of similar quality. Paul Lambert out-thought by Nigel Clough. Just as he was by Tony Pulis.

Has Lambert ever out thought an opposition manager? Tactics really aren't his strongest point. Yes we've won a few games on the counter but is that enough?
  • Like 1

Emotional insulation, it's a fairly common defensive mechanism. You care a lot, but  it's easier to be passive and just shut it out. Eventually it may become the truth and you move on, or we beat Man City in the nick of time and you are right back on top (until the next game of course when we lose 3-0 to Dogshit Utd).

Â