Steven Defour

Avflife

So does that mean we can't get him on loan then?

Umm...not sure exactly. I think you can but maybe not. Let me get back to you on that one.

Would much rather have Hoolahan along with another physical DM to play alongside Delph. Then we would have something in midfield which we haven't had for some considerable time. Balance!

Indeed. A midfield three of:

(New DM) (Delph)

(Hoolahan)

...is respectable and with basic role seperation instead no clear role for each CM as we currently have.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

The fact that his agent mentions us and then says their are other clubs interested but he cant name them would have me thinking that we are the only club interested and he is trying to drum up interwst in his player or maybe he is trying to force us to make a move by pretending other clubs are after his client.  Most probably just another Belhanda type saga.

• Like 3

So does that mean we can't get him on loan then?

I'd have thought a third party would like the idea of a loan, put him in the shop window for the summer..

Wether or not the premier league would allow it I not know.

Nice that we can still be linked with a relatively big name signing though.

Doesn't mean much if we never actually make a move for these players though.

As a Villa fan, haven't you learned to take what you can get?

No but I'm sure I'll be worn down to that stage eventually if we continue as we are ;)

He is good but if he wants crazy money (by our standard), move along. I don't want another long drawn out process to ultimately have him leave for another club. If he isn't excited about wearing the Villa shirt from the beginning, don't pursue him. We need players who would jump at the chance to be part of Lambert's future plans for the club not someone who just wants a bigger paycheck. We already have a few of those on loan and one in the reserves. 

• Like 1

Isn't it great the way agents use us as that shit club to link their players to.

In the hope that a bigger club will step in and say " come and play for a real team".

I'm not gonna get my hopes up and instead assume that's what is happening here.

• Like 1

This time last year Coutinho's agent was saying we were about to sign him.

We ended up with a 2nd division footballer from the French League

No. His agent confirmed we made an inquiry. Fundamental difference. Just like in the summer, we made an inquiry about Kiyotake. It's a tentative approach to see if a player is available for transfer and what the demands will be. At not point was a bid placed on either. It's how a lot of clubs operate.

This time last year Coutinho's agent was saying we were about to sign him.

We ended up with a 2nd division footballer from the French League

who was pretty decent for us in our run in when we got a load of good results.
  • Like 2

Booked in the same hotel as Defoe?

No. In julieb has him tied to her bed. 

Not quite. The Mad Cat Lady has him in the cellar as part of a growing human centipede currently consisting of Defour, Dale Stephens, Peter Whittingham and "Kiyo".

• Like 1

Â