Aston Villa up for Sale.....at a price

smetrov

to compete for Europa League football, a new owner will need to bang in £80m of their own money each season to get us into shape

That seems a lot. Everton don't pump that amount in each year and spurs don't even do that do they?

We aren't in their position and to get there we'd need to spend. To stay there we'd still need to spend - getting into the Europa league means being better than Everton.

So this narrows it down more: £80m per season isn't allowed under the FFP rules. You'd need an owner 1) willing to invest that much 2) willing to brazenly break the rules and not care about the risk of being punished 3) with the ability to create huge sponsorship deals with various companies (who are probably ultimately connected to the owner himself).

Here's the Forbes richest list: http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/ just get the phone out Randy and make some calls

Carlos Slim already owns a club in Mexico, im sure he'd love to visit sunny Birmingham on weekends

I hear Bill Gates is trying to give half his net worth to charity. S.O.S, Bill!

Edited by Daniel

to compete for Europa League football, a new owner will need to bang in £80m of their own money each season to get us into shape

That seems a lot. Everton don't pump that amount in each year and spurs don't even do that do they?

We aren't in their position and to get there we'd need to spend. To stay there we'd still need to spend - getting into the Europa league means being better than Everton.
So this narrows it down more: £80m per season isn't allowed under the FFP rules. You'd need an owner 1) willing to invest that much 2) willing to brazenly break the rules and not care about the risk of being punished 3) with the ability to create huge sponsorship deals with various companies (who are probably ultimately connected to the owner himself).
At the moment we need an owner who isn't going to see us worrying about relegation each year. You don't need stupid money for that.

We have a top half income so should be able to get there. Hopefully a smarter owner than Lerner may be able to help move us up from there.

We shouldn't accept Lerner because of what we need to challenge the big clubs again.

Edited by Big_John_10

I dare say all PL clubs have shot up in value in recent years due to massive TV deals etc. Considering we are a firmly established team inn a large metropolitan area, I wouldn't be surprised if we sold for quite a bit.

I've always said he'd do alright when he sells but £250 million seems a lot when you think about how much he bought us for.
But then didn't Carson Yeung have to pay £80 million for SHA five years ago!? We're five years down the line; we're a bigger club who's in the PL, and we've got multi million pound income streams including the huge TV deal.
True. Hopefully if we're worth that then there's someone out there willing to pay it.

IMO if he wants out he should be prepared to take a loss and not gamble our long term future so he ends up financially OK.

To be honest if Randy wants to sell and we're relegated he'll be the one with most to lose, I can't see him being able to sell if we drop to the Championship.

It would drop our value and we'd loose a load of sky money and they'd be no guarantee we would come straight back up. Guess he's hoping that he can get away with spending little and staying up. 

The gambling with our future so that he doesn't lose out makes him worse than Doug IMO.

Isn't it arguably that he's making the club more attractive to buyers by balancing the books and making us FFP compliant than merely 'not wanting to lose out'?

If he wanted to make us more attractive he could sell for a price that would do that. Do you think he'd be willing to do that?

The gambling with our future so that he doesn't lose out makes him worse than Doug IMO.

Isn't it arguably that he's making the club more attractive to buyers by balancing the books and making us FFP compliant than merely 'not wanting to lose out'?

That seems like the nicer option, but Lerner has proven himself to have no respect for the fans so I can't see it being true. 

Destroys the myth that the last few years was all so we could sort things out in order to invest and try again.

yes its kinda interesting to see it all unfold....like i said in an earlier post the club is one great big " Hidden Agenda"

The name should be Aston ( da vinci code) Villa

If he wanted to make us more attractive he could sell for a price that would do that. Do you think he'd be willing to do that?
Maybe he's willing to do that!? The £250M quoted is just speculation.

If the club is FFP compliant and no longer running at a loss then that makes us more attractive to buyers. Who knows what the asking price is.

Time will tell.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe