Aston Villa up for Sale.....at a price

smetrov

How do we know Hairy Hands aka HH is not Howard Hodgson aka HH ???

If both have said it Hairy Hands on here and Hodgson on Twitter... Surely it's the same guy?

Its possible - but Hairyhands seems to have inside info on team selections/injuries   - which I wouldn't have thought Hodgson would have.

Its quite clear HH came with Lambert and was not at villa. Howard Hodgson is the other way round.

The gambling with our future so that he doesn't lose out makes him worse than Doug IMO.

Isn't it arguably that he's making the club more attractive to buyers by balancing the books and making us FFP compliant than merely 'not wanting to lose out'?
If he wanted to make us more attractive he could sell for a price that would do that. Do you think he'd be willing to do that?
Maybe he's willing to do that!? The £250M quoted is just speculation.

If the club is FFP compliant and no longer running at a loss then that makes us more attractive to buyers. Who knows what the asking price is.

Time will tell.

I find it hard to believe that a man who hired McLeish is really thinking about what's best for the club.

He buys the club for around £40 million and we've just had our two worst ever premiership seasons. How could anyone justify the club being worth anywhere near the amount of £250 million?

He paid Doug 64m for his share, then spent more money buying up the rest if the shares. He actually bought the club for close to 100m id estimate

The gambling with our future so that he doesn't lose out makes him worse than Doug IMO.

Isn't it arguably that he's making the club more attractive to buyers by balancing the books and making us FFP compliant than merely 'not wanting to lose out'?

That seems like the nicer option, but Lerner has proven himself to have no respect for the fans so I can't see it being true.

Now there is an unjustified statement, if ever there was one.

That seems like the nicer option, but Lerner has proven himself to have no respect for the fans so I can't see it being true.

McLeish?

McLeish says Hi.

Where has Howard hodgson said were up for sale ?

He is no where near that wealthy - he owns or did own a lot of funeral operators ..........{insert your own joke]

Howard Hodgson is nowhere near nouveau-Premier League wealth, but he was (is?) a highly successful businessman and was, at one point, Britain's largest funeral director.

An edition of 'The Money Programme' around 20 years ago was dedicated to him and, from that, he would have made an interesting colourful football club chairman.

I should imagine that he is wealthier than Bill Kenwright, so maybe he would fit if some others would put in as well.

McLeish says Hi.

No respect for the childishly oversensitive fans then :)

The appointment of McLeish, the appointment of Houllier, his total lack of communication ( can't remember the last time he was at a game? ) and the quotes he came out with when he took over the club which have now proven to be bollocks, as he looks after his wallet. 

Where has Howard hodgson said were up for sale ?

He is no where near that wealthy - he owns or did own a lot of funeral operators ..........{insert your own joke]
Howard Hodgson is nowhere near nouveau-Premier League wealth, but he was (is?) a highly successful businessman and was, at one point, Britain's largest funeral director.

An edition of 'The Money Programme' around 20 years ago was dedicated to him and, from that, he would have made an interesting colourful football club chairman.

I should imagine that he is wealthier than Bill Kenwright, so maybe he would fit if some others would put in as well.

Just looking on google and it said he sold his share in his funeral business for £7 million. From his tweets in the past it seems he is able to get some inside info.

There was a Saudi prince sniffing about last year I recall. Was given a tour of the club and bodymoor etc by club reps. You never know.

Wasn't that proven it was some Balti owners from Sutton Coldfield?
Ha ha. No that was the 3 lads pic'd in the 1874 lounge with McNaught. They own the Kabbabish.
  • Like 1

There was a Saudi prince sniffing about last year I recall. Was given a tour of the club and bodymoor etc by club reps. You never know.

Wasn't that proven it was some Balti owners from Sutton Coldfield?
Ha ha. No that was the 3 lads pic'd in the 1874 lounge with McNaught. They own the Kabbabish.

lol my bad mate check, what i wrote above

McLeish says Hi.

No respect for the childishly oversensitive fans then :)

Silly 'oversensitive' me... ;)