Aston Villa up for Sale.....at a price

smetrov

I dare say all PL clubs have shot up in value in recent years due to massive TV deals etc. Considering we are a firmly established team inn a large metropolitan area, I wouldn't be surprised if we sold for quite a bit.

I've always said he'd do alright when he sells but £250 million seems a lot when you think about how much he bought us for.

Almost official. Like being nearly dead.

It's isn't even close to official. 2 people have said something (allegedly, haven't even seen the evidence of that) and we don't know if these 2 people are connected to the club. It's no less a rumour than Defoe still sitting in that long-term-stays-welcome hotel in Brum.

HH - is a very reliable ITK - and he's posted on here today. 

Surprised this hasn't got more of a reaction. I guess the team and Lambert are easier to focus on.

This pretty much confirms what a few have thought for a few years no. IMO watching us struggle for this long just so he doesn't lose out makes him undefendable for me.

If he had put even more in then he'd need to recoup even more. Also, making us FFP compliant and with balanced books (as Faulkner suggested is the case recently) makes us more attractive to buyers.

We don't even know how accurate the £250 million figure is!

I wonder how long it takes for a journo to read this and put out a scoop!! It's not official by a long way and the price if true would probably mean a profit. So just like my house isn't for sale if you offer me more than it's worth it is! Common sense really but that's not official.

Do I believe randy Lerner is willing to sell? Absolutely yes

Do I believe randy Lerner is ACTIVELY seeking to sell? Not at all.

If Lerner wanted to sell, he could easily recoup his original outlay + a bit on top, say 90million, mayby £100million given how much cash even shit premier leagues clubs generate, but £250 million, not a chance in hell will someone stump up that much when the playing side needs radical investment too.

Lerner has two choices, sell and make a loss on your total spend or start investing again at a level more befitting to our standing in the game

• Like 1

Who's Howard Hodgson ?

Hairy Hands?

That did cross my mind. - BUT:-

Howard Hodgson is local businessman and villa fan - he prepared a report into the state of the club at the tail end of the Ellis era - and is now pretty close to Faulkner.

Hairyhands seems to be pretty close to lambert - he's broke several big stories on here - and his updates on team selections are usually pretty close to the mark. 

A bloke who tried to buy Villa about 10 years ago and a anonymous poster. I don't think that makes this story valid at all.Unless people like Pat Murphy or the Birmingham Mail run stories I won't believe this tittle-tattle.

Hodgson tried to by Villa? He isn't that rich is he?

A bloke who tried to buy Villa about 10 years ago and a anonymous poster. I don't think that makes this story valid at all.Unless people like Pat Murphy or the Birmingham Mail run stories I won't believe this tittle-tattle.

He and the Villa Fans Combined lot tried to persuade Doug to sell. He didn't. I think I read once a interview with him in the H&V fanzine many moons ago. Made his money in the funeral business i believe? Apt for Villa at present.

• Like 1

Also, Hodgson isn't Hairyhands.

Hairyhands is somebody very close to Lambert which is why he spends most of his time apologising for him. Hodgson is very critical of Lambert and doesn't even want him here now.

Do I believe randy Lerner is willing to sell? Absolutely yes

Do I believe randy Lerner is ACTIVELY seeking to sell? Not at all.

If Lerner wanted to sell, he could easily recoup his original outlay + a bit on top, say 90million, mayby £100million given how much cash even shit premier leagues clubs generate, but £250 million, not a chance in hell will someone stump up that much when the playing side needs radical investment too.

Lerner has two choices, sell and make a loss on your total spend or start investing again at a level more befitting to our standing in the game

All true - but now we have exposed what many have suspected. reducing the wage bill, balancing the books, shifting the deadwood - call it what you like- is for the benefit of Mr Lerner - it doesn't progress us on the playing side one iota.

He and the Villa Fans Combined lot tried to persuade Doug to sell. He didn't. I think I read once a interview with him in the H&V fanzine many moons ago. Made his money in the funeral business i believe? Apt for Villa at present.

Ah ok. Interesting...

I dare say all PL clubs have shot up in value in recent years due to massive TV deals etc. Considering we are a firmly established team inn a large metropolitan area, I wouldn't be surprised if we sold for quite a bit.

I've always said he'd do alright when he sells but £250 million seems a lot when you think about how much he bought us for.
But then didn't Carson Yeung have to pay £80 million for SHA five years ago!? We're five years down the line; we're a bigger club who's in the PL, and we've got multi million pound income streams including the huge TV deal. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe