Aston Villa up for Sale.....at a price

smetrov

re the buying price of the club... lerner spent £62.6m acquiring 56.85% from doug initially then by the 19th of september had bought 90%, the rest followed afterwards

so if 56.85% was £62.6m, 100% was around about £110m

His initial stake (£110m), plus an equity injection of circa £80m, plus £130m in loans means that IF the £250M is correct then he is most certainly willing to write off some money.

Yup, he's definitely taking a hit if he sells the club tomorrow at that price, BUT with the increased TV money hitting our accounts in the summer, he'd likely be able to make a good chunk of that up. If he IS looking to sell, I'll wager he'll make a push once we've gotten the TV money and he's paid off a whack of the club's debt to him. We've got to be turning a reasonable profit these days given the stupidly low wages of the new guys. The playing staff's wage bill is probably under £25m at this stage

By the way our former owner also said he sold to Randy for £62.6m on the understanding he would make £20m available to MON for players which would value the club at £82.6m back then.

Doug sold HIS SHARE to lerner for £62.6m

Doug did NOT own 100% of the club, Randy does

he's paid off a whack of the club's debt to him

It would be disgraceful if he does this.

It's the only business-sensible thing I can see from the way things look right now. Keep the club up on minimal spend, write all the extra TV money down against loans given, then put the club up for sale officially for ~£200m. It'd see him getting out of there with the smallest financial hit possible given how things have turned out and the unlikeliness of anyone spending more than that on us. 

Prospective buyer would get a self sufficient club that wouldn't need THAT much money pumped in every season, FFP compliant and with the additional TV money due every summer. Not all that bad a deal TBH - but one that hinges on staying up

Edited by P3te

It's the only business-sensible thing I can see from the way things look right now. Keep the club up on minimal spend, write all the extra TV money down against loans given, then put the club up for sale officially for ~£200m

Sorry but if we can't afford to sign quality players and he starts taking money out the club then that's completely unacceptable.

It's the only business-sensible thing I can see from the way things look right now. Keep the club up on minimal spend, write all the extra TV money down against loans given, then put the club up for sale officially for ~£200m

Sorry but if we can't afford to sign quality players and he starts taking money out the club then that's completely unacceptable.

Never said it was acceptable, just said it was the only real exit I can see that makes business sense for him. The flip side of the coin is, that if he really did have any respect for the club at all, he'd overvalue the club slightly, and do what Doug did, in that he sells for, let's say £220m, with £20m going straight back to the club coffers, then the new owner comes in, and there's already £20m there for player acquisition. If the new owner threw in £20m of their own money, we'd have £40m to spend, only £20m of which affects the FFP rules. Sell Benteke for £20m and then the manager has £60m for new players in the summer at a FFP cost of just £20m, which I believe is within the allowable limits

Couple that with the criminally low playing staff bill (which I reckon I'm overestimating at £25m) and there's an absolute shitload of wiggle room financially and the club comes out alright, randy gets the bulk of his money back, lambert has money to spend, and the new owner isn't immediately facing massive defecits

Edited by P3te

Never said it was acceptable, just said it was the only real exit I can see that makes business sense for him. The flip side of the coin is, that if he really did have any respect for the club at all, he'd overvalue the club slightly, and do what Doug did, in that he sells for, let's say £220m, with £20m going straight back to the club coffers, then the new owner comes in, and there's already £20m there for player acquisition. If the new owner threw in £20m of their own money, we'd have £40m to spend, only £20m of which affects the FFP rules. Sell Benteke for £20m and then the manager has £60m for new players in the summer at a FFP cost of just £20m, which I believe is within the allowable limits

Couple that with the criminally low playing staff bill (which I reckon I'm overestimating at £25m) and there's an absolute shitload of wiggle room financially and the club comes out alright, randy gets the bulk of his money back, lambert has money to spend, and the new owner isn't immediately facing massive defecits

You'd hope that after how much he's **** up that's the kind of thing that he'd do.

You'd hope that after how much he's **** up that's the kind of thing that he'd do.

I'm not holding my breath, but by the same note I'd definitely be hoping that's what'd happen in the event of a takeover. And IF that was the line of thinking, I wouldn't begrudge him dipping his fingers into the TV money TBH. But, this is Aston Villa. He'll sell it to Venky's and Tan's love child, pocket everything including the pies and swap Benteke for a nice car

Seeing this stuff has made me slightly more relaxed. Hope it is true!

Would love it if Prince William became involved somehow, finally change our name to Royal Aston Villa and give ourselves a crown above our badge :) ...ahhhhhhh.

If not then some rich Qatari/Saudi/UAE group or individual would do perfectly. Might as well be the next city, more exciting than the current crap!

Edited by Tayls