Aston Villa up for Sale.....at a price

smetrov

The jigsaw pieces are starting to fall into place.

Recently I was told by someone at the club that there would be major developments but that Lerner wasn't selling up. Then wasn't there some change in the business articles also? Almost certainly Howard Hodgson Junior has been given the nod by Faulkner.

It wouldn't surprise me if Lerner is selling a major part of the shares but retaining a significant number with a view to bowing out completely when his debt is repaid.

If close to the truth, and if HH Jr is anything like the old man was portrayed in that documentary of years ago, then we could have an HDE renaissance on our hands.

IMO a huge backward step, but then that would suit some very nicely indeed.

If close to the truth, and if HH Jr is anything like the old man was portrayed in that documentary of years ago, then we could have an HDE renaissance on our hands.

Howard Hodgson jnr has passed on info he has heard what has that got to do with who may buy the club?

I know you're a fan of Lerner but surely you can't be happy with the last few years or what the future looks like.

I doubt it very much. Hodgson senior couldn't stand Ellis and neither could his son.

• Like 1

Borrow 250m on short term loan, buy the club then remortgage it and pay the loan off. Sell the naming rights to the ground, buy a few players to make the fans happy then just wait for the club to either live or die........what a nice adventure that would be for another muppet owner.

Howard Hodgson jnr has passed on info he has heard what has that got to do with who may buy the club?

I know you're a fan of Lerner but surely you can't be happy with the last few years or what the future looks like.

BJ10, with respect you don't know that I am a 'fan of Lerner'.

Please do not confuse my unease with the lack of respect shown to the man who has done more for our football club than anyone in recent history as me being 'a fan'

I am grateful to him for the interest and care that he initially and continually showed to our football club. I am grateful for the large amount of his own money, not all of which he will recover, that he invested in the club, both on and off the pitch. I bear in mind that he invested far more of his own money in renovating the Holte pub than Doug Ellis ever put into Aston Villa Football Club during his two long periods of tenure.

Using the words of Kevin Keegan "I would love it" if the plan with Faulkner/Lambert came together and we could end the season in mid-table obscurity and kick on next season. Unfortunately I doubt that he/they will get there,and if and when he sells, I fear for the future.

• Like 1

I doubt it very much. Hodgson senior couldn't stand Ellis and neither could his son.

It wasn't a suggestion that they would invite Ellis in, merely an observation that the HH senior of those years ago closely resembled HDE is terms of arrogance and disdain for those he saw as beneath him, which in Ellis's case is just about everyone.

If Villa were worth £110 million in 2006, given the massively increased SKY income since what is the club worth now? Putting Lerner's loans to one side, I believe the club would be valued at around £200 million.

Anyhow, no time for further speculation, time to get off on another long trek to VP to experience more humiliation!!!

Please do not confuse my unease with the lack of respect shown to the man who has done more for our football club than anyone in recent history as me being 'a fan'

And this 'done more' has led us to performing worse than we've ever done in the premier league before him.

if and when he sells, I fear for the future.

We've had 3 relegation worried years and this looks like the 4th and you're worried about what the future holds without him? Edited by Big_John_10

For me it's time for someone else to have a shot. Someone who cares about the club and someone who realises that just because they put the money in doesn't mean they should make the footballing decisions.

If someone could post that famous quote of RL where he says if he fails he'd step aside, I think that sums up where we are right now. Would love to see it as a banner, I'd contribute to it being made and I'd even do the artwork. It's nothing nasty or even a protest, just a silent reminder of his own words. The 4 yr decline is enough. Step a side randy.

And this 'done more' has led us to performing worse than we've ever done in the premier league before him.

We've had 3 relegation worried years and this looks like the 4th and you're worried about what the future holds without him?

Yep, worried.

But then look on the bright side. I haven't been to Hillsborough for years ;)

It wasn't a suggestion that they would invite Ellis in, merely an observation that the HH senior of those years ago closely resembled HDE is terms of arrogance and disdain for those he saw as beneath him, which in Ellis's case is just about everyone.

I know what you mean. I saw the same programme. But I have also met him on many occasions, found him to be quite affable in person and he always said he was never interested in taking over in any way shape or form.

For me it's time for someone else to have a shot. Someone who cares about the club and someone who realises that just because they put the money in doesn't mean they should make the footballing decisions.

If someone could post that famous quote of RL where he says if he fails he'd step aside, I think that sums up where we are right now. Would love to see it as a banner, I'd contribute to it being made and I'd even do the artwork. It's nothing nasty or even a protest, just a silent reminder of his own words. The 4 yr decline is enough. Step a side randy.

I would venture that Randy Lerner has made less 'football decisions' than any other Premier League chairman.

'Interfering chairman/owner' is not an accusation that could ever be levelled at him.

If only he had interfered in the early days, instead of the famous "focus on Martin O'Neill" quote.

I would venture that Randy Lerner has made less 'football decisions' than any other Premier League chairman.

'Interfering chairman/owner' is not an accusation that could ever be levelled at him.

If only he had interfered in the early days, instead of the famous "focus on Martin O'Neill" quote.

That wasn't directed at randy, just something I'd like to see from the new owner and the club to have football people at the top.

I know what you mean. I saw the same programme. But I have also met him on many occasions, found him to be quite affable in person and he always said he was never interested in taking over in any way shape or form.

In that case I bow to your first hand impression over my third hand speculation.

I wish you a safe trip-you do know that we are going to win today :D

Not a fan but constantly defend him. I am confused.

I don't think that he is deserving of some of the vitriol that is poured upon him, and I will be forever grateful to him for dragging our club out of the Ellis mire.

Whether he stays or goes, in 5 years time even you will probably look back upon his tenure with a positive slant.

I've got to be honest, the idea of a new owner is equally exciting and terrifying.

It could go horribly wrong, looking at what other clubs have had to put up with. At least Lerner isn't shitting all over the clubs history and tradition.

• Like 1

We've had 3 relegation worried years and this looks like the 4th and you're worried about what the future holds without him?

What's Lerner done that's so great in his time at Villa? Slapped a few mosaics on the Holte and turned the dilapidated Holte Pub into the soulless hotel bar that no one wants to use anyway.

Will that be his legacy, or will it be the poorest squad of players in a generation? Because that's what we've got right now.