Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Halfway trough the season, 20 points. Need 20 more for safety...looks good.

We won't get another 20. We had some lucky (make no mistake about the 'lucky' part of that) points, but now we have reverted back to being awful.

We don't even try to take games to the worst teams in the league when we're at home. We rarely have more than 30% possession. We are constantly dominated. This cannot continue. It is just shocking to watch.

God even Hull have players like Huddlestone who we could really do with. I would also take ANY of those Swansea players to replace whoever might be in their respective position. That is just how AWFUL this team is that LAMBERT assembled. They are literally all rubbish except for Delph and Guzan, who he didn't sign

Is it his fault that he's been given a wage cap of about £15-20k per player? Or is that Lerners? 

Maybe it's because I've had a few beers today and feeling a little emotional, but (and this is not something I'm happy to admit on a public forum) I actually shed a few tears watching that today. I've always been a glass half full sort of guy when it comes to the villa, I'm the dick head predicting 2-0 wins when we go to old trafford, I'm the nutcase that tried to see the positives with both GH and AM while all around me could see they were bloody awful. And I'm the guy that has thus far blamed Lerner for oir demise. Today changed all that though, watched that today was painful. I'm now marching with the lambert out brigade.

I am starting to come around...shocking stuff really. Not decided yet but as I have said, I really understand why people feel so. More worried that the outcome will be far worse unless we get a new owner as well. Still gonna be those 1million gems everyone here loves. 

the plan was a five year project.

year one - strip away all the rubbish who were on big money. lower the overall wage bill. lower the age of the squad by bringing in younger players who could develop, get better and increase in value at the same time (instead of signing guys for big money who teams don't even want for free)

year two - finish off what was trying to achieve in year one. plus bring the younger players on. think the manager wanted a little more experience in there but that could still happen. And as much as he didn't think the team would do miles better the plan was to avoid the drama of a relegation battle.

year three - inject a little bit of additional quality. instead of having to buy five or six players then focus on one of two quality players. and remember the younger guys are now in their third season in the top flight and should be much better.

and so it continues.......

did you read the manager's quotes the other day about being miles away from where he wants to take the club?

By the rubbish you mean Bent, Warnock, Dunne, Hutton, Ireland, Nzog, Bannan etc. Harsh to call them rubbish really! Not sure why he sold Bannan when we have such a lack of creativity in the team. We need to wait and see whether progress has been made this season because the football has got worse!

God even Hull have players like Huddlestone who we could really do with. I would also take ANY of those Swansea players to replace whoever might be in their respective position. That is just how AWFUL this team is that LAMBERT assembled. They are literally all rubbish except for Delph and Guzan, who he didn't sign

Is it his fault that he's been given a wage cap of about £15-20k per player? Or is that Lerners? 

Hull don't have a higher wage structure then us. 

When Benteke is off form, and when he is not even playing due to injuries, we really see what this team is all about. Sure Benteke has had bad games, but just being on the pitch creates some havoc for the other team. He kept us up last season, he really did, and without him we see just how atrocious most of Lambert's signings have been. So disappointed, this club means a lot to me and my mood is so down when we manage to play like this. Sort it out Lambert or get the **** out of Villa Park. I never feel bad for managers, they take on jobs and make a shitload of money, and they should take responsibility when the team is underperforming like we are doing right now.

We look worse and worse for each game.

"But its all Lerners fault". Because we dont have the budget, it means, we cant set the teams up correctly, we cant motivate players, we have to play hoofball, we have to spend money on players we dont need/use, we cant string a pass together and we still not sure what out best team/players are????   Lamberts hands are tied...................?

• Like 1

Will all of you who are defending Lambert just STFU please! 

He's shit, his tactics are shit and so are his "young and hungry" players!

I don't see anyone defending him at the moment.

Yes thankfully most of his supporters have the dignity not to defend the indefensible now.