Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Think we'd be better of as a club now had he'd been sacked this time least season.

All speculation thou as no one knows who'd been brought in to replace him.

For the record i think he'll be here next season, even if he relegates us

Dodgyknees, don't wanna seem like I'm ganging up on you mate but, do you seriously think that Vlaar and Benteke are going to make the huge difference that we need, when the finally come back?

Vlaar's presence should aid the defence but Benteke hasn't looked at the races for a while now. If he makes no difference then we really will be in for a battle to stay up.

No way should we sack him. Lack of patience in football in general is killing the game. Lack of reality coupled with lack of patience is dangerous, and that in my opinion is what fans are demonstrating . Luckily enough we are in a position where Lerner can't afford to sack him anyway, I say luckily enough as I still believe he is a top manager working to a long term plan. It is not him that is making me lose a lot of care for what happens though it is the formation of a mob rule mentality amongst a section of fans.

I normally pretty much on the same page as you Richard on so many things but on this occasion find myself at complete disagreement with you on this.

No apparent tactics, no plan a let alone plan b, the list of players performing way below where they were last season, new signings adding next to nothing to the team meaning he pretty much wasted fees and wages and would hate to see him bring in more youngster with potential next month.

I am sorry to say he needs to go because we are going into the Championship if he stays.

• Like 1

No way should we sack him. Lack of patience in football in general is killing the game. Lack of reality coupled with lack of patience is dangerous, and that in my opinion is what fans are demonstrating . Luckily enough we are in a position where Lerner can't afford to sack him anyway, I say luckily enough as I still believe he is a top manager working to a long term plan. It is not him that is making me lose a lot of care for what happens though it is the formation of a mob rule mentality amongst a section of fans.

I don't think sacking him is the answer anyway, at least not to the end of the season. There is allot of stuff that goes on behind closed doors at the club which we don't hear or know. No manager could handle his 3 out of 4 most expensive signings and coincidently his best being out injured.

The answer is to give him 20-25 million in jan and let him buy 2 or 3 8 million pound worth players. But that won't happen so there lays the main problem which collymore touched on tonight.

Bottom line u get what you pay for and when lambert has spent over 4 million on a player he has done pretty well.

Yes we talk about tatics and possession but they go out the window when we have the calibre of players we had playing today.

• Like 1

Dodgyknees, don't wanna seem like I'm ganging up on you mate but, do you seriously think that Vlaar and Benteke are going to make the huge difference that we need, when the finally come back?

Vlaar's presence should aid the defence but Benteke hasn't looked at the races for a while now. If he makes no difference then we really will be in for a battle to stay up.

It's cool mate, I have a different opinion to most so expect people to disagree, it's not ganging up :)

I think Vlaar will settle the defence and I think if we can get Benteke scoring, that sorts the attack, but we still need some money spent in the middle, where the panic comes from.

Don't worry Richard, I am with you here.  :D

Its unwatchable, and then Lambert comes out with " We`re missing top class players like Benteke, Okore, Vlaar and............ Bennett !!!!! "

No... he really did say that

Benteke`s been out of sorts for weeks, barely seen Okore, and is probably as bad as his other signings. Vlaar would have made a difference, granted , and then Bennett ! enough said . Our next 5 games look unwinable , which would leave us no doubt stuck in the bottom 3 in February.

I can see a situation soon where we`ll have us , the supporters, calling for both Lerner and Lambert to go , and the pair of them just hanging on to the detriment of this great club which just 3 years ago was level with the likes of Everton and Newcastle.

The only hope of us staying up is the fact that there are only 7 or 8 decent teams in the league and the rest of us are equally piss poor.

If he really did say that (not calling you a liar) and included Bennett, fook, he really has lost the plot. Bennett and Luna are equally shite.

I don't know if you went today Richard, but if you did then theres no way you could support his continuation as our manager.It was awful today.

I can't see us beating Sland, then we are in the shit.Get rid of him now, hes on a rolling contract, get someone in whos tactic is more than hoofing the ball up.

• Like 2

Still don't believe he should be sacked. Vlaar and Benteke back and a really good CM and our spine would be there and would make a difference to this team

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

Richard as you know I have been one of Lamberts biggest supporters on here. I wanted him to replace Houllier and got my wish when he replaced McLeish. However I, and I don't see how any other supporter, can't make excuses for the level of tripe that has been served up for most of this season.

I acknowledge that he has been dealt a poor hand by Lerner in terms of wages available to pay players and that hasn't helped in the level of player we have signed. However he has still chosen to sign the players he has and quite frankly the vast majority of them are simply way out of their depth. Worse than that though is the fact we can't seem to even do the basics well and string 3 or 4 passes together.

Despite some of the hidings we witnessed last season today was a real low for me under Lambert. We basically played for a draw against Swansea. A side one point above us in the league. We showed them an unbelievable level of respect. It took me back to the days of McLeish and the game we played Man Utd at home.

As for you stating a mob mentality amongst fans that is quite simply a load of bollocks. I haven't missed a home game this season and been to a fair few away and trust me when I say that in my 30+ years supporting us Lambert has been given way more grace and favour, given the level of tripe served up, than I have seen given to any manager in that time.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Richard as you know I have been one of Lamberts biggest supporters on here. I wanted him to replace Houllier and got my wish when he replaced McLeish. However I, and I don't see how any other supporter, can't make excuses for the level of tripe that has been served up for most of this season.

I acknowledge that he has been dealt a poor hand by Lerner in terms of wages available to pay players and that hasn't hep in the level of player we have signed. However he has still chosen to sign the players he has and quite frankly the vast majority of them are simply way out of their depth. Worse than that though is the fact we can't seem to even do the basic well and string 3 or 4 passes together.

Despite some of the hidings we witnessed last season today was a real low for me under Lambert. We basically played for a draw against Swansea. A side one place above us in the league. We showed them an unbelievable level of respect. It took me back to the days of McLeish and the game we played Man Utd at home.

As for you stating a mob mentality amongst fans that is quite simply a lot of bollocks. I haven't missed a home game this season and been to a fair few away and trust me when I say that in my 30+ years supporting us Lambert  has been given way more grace and favour, given the level of tripe served up, than I have seen given to any manager in that time.

I think half the problem is the top performers from last season are not playing well (Lowton, Benteke, Westwood) which has heaped pressure on the new lot and they are not working out at the moment. We need two or three "ready made" players to slot in.

If Lambert is given 20 Million he problably buy 10 players to replace the players he has bought, not 2 that we need.

If Lambert is given 20 Million he problably buy 10 players to replace the players he has bought, not 2 that we need.

I think he would buy an attacking midfield player and a defensive one.

• Like 1

Richard I know you rate him but what aspects of the last few games can you use to defend him? Do you think the standard of football has been good enough? For the whole of 2013 we've barely average just over 1 point per game. What are we meant to look at to hope for improvement?

Surely you can't blame any fan who has now lost patience with him.

Great club? Sorry this is a very very average club now, deluded to think otherwise.

So are Chels

Its unwatchable, and then Lambert comes out with " We`re missing top class players like Benteke, Okore, Vlaar and............ Bennett !!!!! "

No... he really did say that

Benteke`s been out of sorts for weeks, barely seen Okore, and is probably as bad as his other signings. Vlaar would have made a difference, granted , and then Bennett ! enough said . Our next 5 games look unwinable , which would leave us no doubt stuck in the bottom 3 in February.

I can see a situation soon where we`ll have us , the supporters, calling for both Lerner and Lambert to go , and the pair of them just hanging on to the detriment of this great club which just 3 years ago was level with the likes of Everton and Newcastle.

The only hope of us staying up is the fact that there are only 7 or 8 decent teams in the league and the rest of us are equally piss poor.

If he really did say that (not calling you a liar) and included Bennett, fook, he really has lost the plot. Bennett and Luna are equally shite.

On radio WM . He must think wer`e all idiots

I acknowledge that he has been dealt a poor hand by Lerner in terms of wages available to pay players and that hasn't helped in the level of player we have signed. However he has still chosen to sign the players he has and quite frankly the vast majority of them are simply way out of their depth. Worse than that though is the fact we can't seem to even do the basics well and string 3 or 4 passes together.

Despite some of the hidings we witnessed last season today was a real low for me under Lambert. We basically played for a draw against Swansea. A side one point above us in the league. We showed them an unbelievable level of respect. It took me back to the days of McLeish and the game we played Man Utd at home.

As for you stating a mob mentality amongst fans that is quite simply a load of bollocks. I haven't missed a home game this season and been to a fair few away and trust me when I say that in my 30+ years supporting us Lambert has been given way more grace and favour, given the level of tripe served up, than I have seen given to any manager in that time.

76985-rihanna-applause-wink-gif-kLCo.gif

Things are just as bad as under McLeish. Only difference is I think even McLeish could have seen us through a two-legged tie against Bradford. 27% possession at home against a mid table side, we're an embarrassment.