Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Ahhhhh, Zeman! Bit too long in the tooth I think, love him though. Peopple would get their knickers in a twist with his young and hungry transfer policy too!

wouldn't be so bad if they was "young" and they were "hungry" but in my opinion they ain't.

Given how many players he's had to bring in and the budget he's had to do that with I think he's done reasonably well in the transfer market. Let's not forget that wages have clearly been an issue.

the number of players he has bought in is ridiculous. He could have bought in 7 or 8 less and got better quality IMO

Of course, but we would've had a thread-bare squad. We needed the numbers.

We also needed quality.  None of the four full backs that he's bought are Premier League quality. 

Think it's a bit too early to be writing off Bacuna (although he's not really a full back) and Luna. Don't really know how you can say Lowton isn't Premier League quality. He's not great but he's definitely Premier League standard.

Why don't we try and get laudrup? They have a higher long ball percentage than us, thoughts?

Sure about that?

Sorry not percentage but higher per game.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/wp-content/uploads/VillaStats.png

when you watch the game, you don't need stats to support what you are already sure about.

we have all watched Villa for far too long, to not know whats wrong.

Given how many players he's had to bring in and the budget he's had to do that with I think he's done reasonably well in the transfer market. Let's not forget that wages have clearly been an issue.

the number of players he has bought in is ridiculous. He could have bought in 7 or 8 less and got better quality IMO

We also needed quality.  None of the four full backs that he's bought are Premier League quality. 

Think it's a bit too early to be writing off Bacuna (although he's not really a full back) and Luna. Don't really know how you can say Lowton isn't Premier League quality. He's not great but he's definitely Premier League standard.

don't forget his first job is to defend.....i wouldn't have him defending Rihanna's arse in a nightclub.

When Lambert was appointed I was prepared for some short term pain to see the benefit in the long term, and I still back him to get us going in the right direction next season, when hopefully the budgets are increased to allow him to compete.

I've wanted a young manager who wants to build a legacy come in and start afresh, and he's doing just that. While others were surely put off by the restrictions and constraints of the cost cutting, he saw the opportunity that was being presented to make a big club big again, and took it on.

I'll judge Lambert and the job he's done when it's fair to, and that will be the end of next season, imo.

I think Lambert also underestimated the work he's got ahead and was got surprised for it.

Judging by this place, a lot of the fans are underestimating the job he has on his hands, too.

Not that I'm ITK or have any idea about the behind the scenes goings on, I just see the transfer dealings and put 2 + 2 together. I might well have 5, but it doesn't make sense to buy on the cheap all the time and pay low wages if your boss isn't telling you to.

• Like 2

I think Lambert also underestimated the work he's got ahead and was got surprised for it.

Judging by this place, a lot of the fans are underestimating the job he has on his hands, too.

Not that I'm ITK or have any idea about the behind the scenes goings on, I just see the transfer dealings and put 2 + 2 together. I might well have 5, but it doesn't make sense to buy on the cheap all the time and pay low wages if your boss isn't telling you to.

I agree, if the decision to go for (very) low transfer fees and very low wages was by Lambert, then he did **** up with the transfer dealings. But if Lerner has set budget so tight then he's IMO gone too far with the stringent usage of money, decreasing the wage budget was done imo too fast and too drastically.

The sad truth of today's football is that without money you can't compete, as much as we all probably would like it oppositely.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh, Zeman! Bit too long in the tooth I think, love him though. Peopple would get their knickers in a twist with his young and hungry transfer policy too!

wouldn't be so bad if they was "young" and they were "hungry" but in my opinion they ain't.

Wouldn't be so bad if they were "young" and they were "hungry" but in my opinion they aren't.

Sorry some bizare kind of need to correct this came over me. Hopefully I get a prize for the most pointless contribution to a thread.

• Like 1

I don't know, if he has been offered the money and chose not to spend it ( i would doubt it)

or whether he has just been categorically denied it ( which I would more readily believe)....but that leaves the likes of me thinking, can he spend it well if he got it?

but the cynic in me tells me this....spending big money is the quickest way to get sacked....Once you do it, it has to work.

I would suspect, it was one of the major bits of criteria in AVB's demise.

Wouldn't be so bad if they were "young" and they were "hungry" but in my opinion they aren't.

Sorry some bizare kind of need to correct this came over me. Hopefully I get a prize for the most pointless contribution to a thread.

I'm a brummie, so its ain't !!!

I'm just being lazy,

you little tinker, thank you for your correction, you watch someone will put " are not"

I'll mention it to professor Carl Chinn, next time I'm in the Aston Social.....He will have your card marked. lol

I agree, if the decision to go for (very) low transfer fees and very low wages was by Lambert, then he did **** up with the transfer dealings. But if Lerner has set budget so tight then he's IMO gone too far with the stringent usage of money, decreasing the wage budget was done imo too fast and too drastically.

The sad truth of today's football is that without money you can't compete, as much as we all probably would like it oppositely.

sad truth is it don't just end there....because there are instances when money has been spent, but we sadly,can't buy.( with any prudence)

We are not the only club, Sunderland have had a terrible recent history of poor buys and then there are other clubs like Everton and Newcastle have illustrated that whilst they can't compete in money, they can compete with talent spotting skills and prudent decision making in terms of transfers

sad truth is it don't just end there....because there are instances when money has been spent, but we sadly,can't buy.( with any prudence)

We are not the only club, Sunderland have had a terrible recent history of poor buys and then there are other clubs like Everton and Newcastle have illustrated that whilst they can't compete in money, they can compete with talent spotting skills and prudent decision making in terms of transfers.

its not all as simple as having King midas bank role your every mistake....Some of the clubs like Chelsea and Man city may have a "luxury hand", but they have bought well.

We are not the only club, Sunderland have had a terrible recent history of poor buys and then there are other clubs like Everton and Newcastle have illustrated that whilst they can't compete in money, they can compete with talent spotting skills and prudent decision making in terms of transfers

But you still nearly always have to spend more than 2 million per player, which PL has rarely been afforded the luxury of doing. On those occasions where he has, we've got ourselves a good signing.

I'd have expected Lambert to have had things agreed by now, with the board, so if his plan A was singable, he had a plan, b, c or d...whether the clubs would sell or not does come into it, but from our lack of any kind of movement, it is plain to see he is either unprepared, or unprepared to challenge the board. We need a 'number 10', we've ended one for a long time...I'm surprised he hasn't made more effort to get one.

This is nonesense and demonstrates a complete absence of understanding how transfers work

Harder and harder to defend him with financial constraints.

Signed 2 lbs and 4 strikers and yet here we are in January bringing in a striker and a lb.

Its become clear he's not spent his limited budget well.

4 strikers: 1 was a brilliant signing; 1 was decent but has a broken leg; 1 cost nothing and is being introduced slowly; The other one cost less than nothing.

2 lb's: Both young and cheap: Hello? Financial constraints!

Why not consider the facts a bit better before allowing your agenda to write your posts for you?

A really good post

The lack of funds is making some lose perspective - In the past players like Bowery would have come and gone without barely a mention. Bowery, Helenius, Luna and Bennett were all signed for about the same cost as Warnock but unlike Warnock we will get our money back and more.

Players have been bought in to do a job - steadying the ship and retaining our premier league status. From next season I expect two or three 'Bertrand-level' permanent signings each window. Patience

I've yet to see anyone who makes this point go on to substantiate how this could be achieved without leaving us with a 15 man first team sqaud

Edited by VillaCas
  • Like 1

The problem of course is that none of the full backs already here were of premier league quality despite the millions spent on them - we've bought three combined for the same fee and wages as Warnock for example

He's only bought 3 FBs by my reckoning (unless you are mis-counting Bacuna who was never bought as a full-back) and I think that Lowton and Luna are comparible with other full-backs in the bottom half - Lowton was voted 8th best FB in the premier league last season (Whether he is 8th best or 28th best he's definetly "premier league quality")

I guess it comes down to how much quality you think £10k a week should buy and how you define Premier League Quality - are they as good as Leighton Baines, no are they as good as Phil Bardsley, yes

Capture.PNG

*bizarre