Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

According to that graph if I'm reading it right, Lowton is a better all round full back than Sagna, and is better defensively than Ashley Cole.

That is what the graph says based on OPTA stats - like you, I doubt that's actually the case

Given how many players he's had to bring in and the budget he's had to do that with I think he's done reasonably well in the transfer market. Let's not forget that wages have clearly been an issue.

the number of players he has bought in is ridiculous. He could have bought in 7 or 8 less and got better quality IMO

Of course, but we would've had a thread-bare squad. We needed the numbers.

We also needed quality.  None of the four full backs that he's bought are Premier League quality. 

Think it's a bit too early to be writing off Bacuna (although he's not really a full back) and Luna. Don't really know how you can say Lowton isn't Premier League quality. He's not great but he's definitely Premier League standard.

don't forget his first job is to defend.....i wouldn't have him defending Rihanna's arse in a nightclub.

Strange way of putting it…?? Hahahaha

Given how many players he's had to bring in and the budget he's had to do that with I think he's done reasonably well in the transfer market. Let's not forget that wages have clearly been an issue.

the number of players he has bought in is ridiculous. He could have bought in 7 or 8 less and got better quality IMO

I've yet to see anyone who makes this point go on to substantiate how this could be achieved without leaving us with a 15 man first team sqaud

Exactly, Lambert has had to buy a squad, not just a first 11.

If you decide what he's spent by 25 then this gives you around 2 mil. That is what he has had available on average to spend on a player.

Of course all his signings are first team quality, but a quarter of them are and half of then are squad quality. The other quarter haven't worked out and will be replaced with better quality when more money is available in the summer.

• Like 1

Harder and harder to defend him with financial constraints.

Signed 2 lbs and 4 strikers and yet here we are in January bringing in a striker and a lb.

Its become clear he's not spent his limited budget well.

4 strikers: 1 was a brilliant signing; 1 was decent but has a broken leg; 1 cost nothing and is being introduced slowly; The other one cost less than nothing.

2 lb's: Both young and cheap: Hello? Financial constraints!

Why not consider the facts a bit better before allowing your agenda to write your posts for you?

A really good post

The lack of funds is making some lose perspective - In the past players like Bowery would have come and gone without barely a mention. Bowery, Helenius, Luna and Bennett were all signed for about the same cost as Warnock but unlike Warnock we will get our money back and more.

Players have been bought in to do a job - steadying the ship and retaining our premier league status. From next season I expect two or three 'Bertrand-level' permanent signings each window. Patience

No one thinks he's had it easy and no one expects him to be perfect in the transfer market. But at the same time you can't just dismiss poor transfers and excuse it. Kind of a win win for Lambert in your eyes. Picks up a bargain, he's great in the transfer market. Signs a dud, no problem he hasn't got much money. Hardly seems a balanced view.

And all these cheap mistakes start adding up to one expensive one.

We're a professional sports club yet we class our failures not costing much as some sort of success while we perform terribly on the pitch.

Edited by Big_John_10

Harder and harder to defend him with financial constraints.

Signed 2 lbs and 4 strikers and yet here we are in January bringing in a striker and a lb.

Its become clear he's not spent his limited budget well.

4 strikers: 1 was a brilliant signing; 1 was decent but has a broken leg; 1 cost nothing and is being introduced slowly; The other one cost less than nothing.

2 lb's: Both young and cheap: Hello? Financial constraints!

Why not consider the facts a bit better before allowing your agenda to write your posts for you?

A really good post

The lack of funds is making some lose perspective - In the past players like Bowery would have come and gone without barely a mention. Bowery, Helenius, Luna and Bennett were all signed for about the same cost as Warnock but unlike Warnock we will get our money back and more.

Players have been bought in to do a job - steadying the ship and retaining our premier league status. From next season I expect two or three 'Bertrand-level' permanent signings each window. Patience

No one thinks he's had it easy and no one expects him to be perfect in the transfer market. But at the same time you can't just dismiss poor transfers and excuse it. Kind of a win win for Lambert in your eyes. Picks up a bargain, he's great in the transfer market. Signs a did, no problem he hasn't got much money. Hardly seems a balanced view.

And all these cheap mistakes start adding up to one expensive one.

We're a professional sports club yet we class our failures not costing much as some sort of success while we perform terribly on the pitch.

Half of fergies signings were poor, its just he had better players on the pitch to cover.

This season

Games 21

Won     6

Drawn  5

Lost      10

Even though I dont rate how Lambert's doing this season, I dont want him sacked. But looking at the stats, they are certainly not pretty. How we have managed 11th is shocking.

The bottom half are all doing badly, that's why we've managed to sit 11th with such poor performances.

You can only beat what's in front of you though, so to speak.

Who cares if usually our performances would have us much closer to the bottom, all that matters is where we are in the table this year. So what if the bottom half are doing badly this year, we're doing the least badly out of all of them. We may be doing poorly compared to other seasons, but who's to say that isn't to do with the all round quality of the league increasing? Or maybe the weather conditions haven't played to our strengths as much this year? perhaps refs have been more/less lenient with certain parts of the game, leading to more open games.

We may be playing poorly this year, but the fact of the matter is, we are 11th and we are doing relatively well, no matter where we would be in other season.

Note: Those examples are exactly that, they aren't excuses for poor form, just examples of why you can't compare season to season.

If Benteke does find form then the bottom 3 will eat our dust. We've got to 11th with a passenger up front. Vlaar is also key. Without him we look bottom 3.