Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

...I sort of hope we get dragged into a relagation battle again to prove the likes of Faulkner, Nursery and Lambert you cant play it this way.....all we will hear if we finish midtable is gonna be the loud noise from the "I told you so's"

If we struggle again the board may realise Lambert and the way we are going is not going to work.

It reads like I hope we fail so I can say "we told you so", because if we do better, other the people will say "I told you so"

Which isn't going to persuade many people of whatever your point of view is, exactly. Sorry.

• Like 3

Dont get me wrong but at the back of my mind I sort of hope we get dragged into a relagation battle again to prove the likes of Faulkner, Nursery and Lambert you cant play it this way. Most of us fans can see the problems, and all we will hear if we finish midtable is gonna be the loud noise from the "I told you so's"

If we struggle again the board may realise Lambert and the way we are going is not going to work.

But surely if we finish mid-table then Lambert's 'way of going' is working?

I think I must have gotten you wrong because this post is madness.

• Like 3

By the way, Nursey describing Ashley Young and James Milner as , "expensive, proven Premier League talents", exposes him as a bit of a berk. Ashley Young was bought from Championship side Watford and Milner had struggled to get a regular slot in the Newcastle side and was by no means a big star when he came to us.

Ashley Young WAS proven in the Premier League and was hot property by that January and bought from Premier League side Watford.

Milner was not struggling to get into the Newcastle side; he was extremely highly regarded and Keegan was fuming when he was sold to us and eventually resigned.

• Like 1

Dont get me wrong but at the back of my mind I sort of hope we get dragged into a relagation battle again to prove the likes of Faulkner, Nursery and Lambert you cant play it this way. Most of us fans can see the problems, and all we will hear if we finish midtable is gonna be the loud noise from the "I told you so's"

Yeah maybe its a little out of context. But we are midtable now, but would you say Lamberts way is working????

Yeah maybe its a little out of context. But we are midtable now, but would you say Lamberts way is working????

I genuinely don't know what to think any more tbh. I get so frustrated on match days and then I look at the table and consider the impossible task he's been given and think 'actually I guess he's doing alright'.

• Like 2

his task right now is to keep us in the division.....and he will play the kind of football to do just that in his opinion.... like the previous 2

The job of building a football team.....is whenever and with whoever.

My concern with Lambert is that he doesn't seem to be in any rush to sort out the glaring deficiencies in our squad, all of which have been plain to see for months.

I'd have hoped that by Jan 1st, Lambert would have approached PF and RL with his scouted players and was poised ready to make some bids....

Instead, we're midway through the window and we've only signed 1 player, a player who was unwanted by a Championship team, who he used to work with, who hasn't scored many goals, in a position we didn't really need a replacement that badly.

The fact that his only answer to our issues seems to be Wes Hoolahan concerns me as well. Granted, I think he would be a decent signing if we got him cheap, he has Premier League experience, is still performing well, in a position we need. What concerns me is that Lambert has pinned his hopes on a player that we are unlikely to get, as Norwich will undoubtedly not sell to us, especially now we are relegation rivals.

The fact that Lambert is letting games pass us by, Sheffield United, Arsenal, Liverpool...possible The Boggies, concerns me too...we need points and yet we hanging about bringing in reinforcements. If we sign someone next week, we have missed out on a cup run and 6 points due to this hanging around. You can't really say 'we'd have lost to Liverpool and Arsenal anyway' because we beat Arsenal this year and Liverpool last year, so for him to almost accept defeat, is quite disappointing.

I'm still yet to see anything that convinces me that Lambert is the man to take us forward. Last seasons improvement seems irrelevant now, as he has been unable to manage the talents to make them consistent. Unless his 'young and hungry' players have become egos after a simple play rise.

Don't get me started on the defence.

My concern with Lambert is that he doesn't seem to be in any rush to sort out the glaring deficiencies in our squad, all of which have been plain to see for months.

I'd have hoped that by Jan 1st, Lambert would have approached PF and RL with his scouted players and was poised ready to make some bids....

And you know he didn't how?

You know when every manager says its hard to sign the right players in this window, they're not lying you know.

Oh and the defence has improved this season, we don’t have the worst and haven’t been given a hammering.

• Like 1

Oh and the defence has improved this season, we don’t have the worst and haven’t been given a hammering.

It has certainly improved - I think as a result of the more defensive, possession light play. It comes to something when a 0-4 loss isn't a 'hammering' anymore....

• Like 1

How the hell do you know he didn't?

Every manager in the PL probably did as well. Whether the club are prepared to finance these acquisitions, whether the other club is prepared to sell, and whether the player is interested in a move are factors too, you know!!

Ok, so the defence is better than last year...but they are still terrible without Vlaar...it's like watching a circus act. Being hit in the face with a fist is better than being hit in the face with an iron bar...both are unpleasant.

I'd have expected Lambert to have had things agreed by now, with the board, so if his plan A was singable, he had a plan, b, c or d...whether the clubs would sell or not does come into it, but from our lack of any kind of movement, it is plain to see he is either unprepared, or unprepared to challenge the board. We need a 'number 10', we've ended one for a long time...I'm surprised he hasn't made more effort to get one.

Defend him if you want, but for me, he looks woefully out of his depth. In our current state, I see us relegated. We have 3 freak results that have kept us off the bottom of the table, without them, we'd be seriously struggling.

It has certainly improved - I think as a result of the more defensive, possession light play. It comes to something when a 0-4 loss isn't a 'hammering' anymore....

Must've missed that 4-0 league defeat.  Remind me when it happened?

As I typed, we've signed Bertrand on loan...he's not what you call an experienced head, but a very good player to have got hold of.

If he can continue like this, I will be happy to climb down from my position and admit I was wrong about part of my thinking.

As I typed, we've signed Bertrand on loan...he's not what you call an experienced head, but a very good player to have got hold of.

If he can continue like this, I will be happy to climb down from my position and admit I was wrong about part of my thinking.

He is our 2nd oldest defender, also Lambert might be saving any money he does hav for the problem CM position

And before anyone says "not experienced?! He's played 50 times for Chelsea" just remember, Clark and Baker have played more than that for us. Westwood can't be far from that number either, yet they're considered "kids"

And before anyone says "not experienced?! He's played 50 times for Chelsea" just remember, Clark and Baker have played more than that for us. Westwood can't be far from that number either, yet they're considered "kids"

also he has started a Champions League final

Probably played another 150 games or so on loan though...

Harder and harder to defend him with financial constraints.

Signed 2 lbs and 4 strikers and yet here we are in January bringing in a striker and a lb.

Its become clear he's not spent his limited budget well.

4 strikers: 1 was a brilliant signing; 1 was decent but has a broken leg; 1 cost nothing and is being introduced slowly; The other one cost less than nothing.

2 lb's: Both young and cheap: Hello? Financial constraints!

Why not consider the facts a bit better before allowing your agenda to write your posts for you?

• Like 3