Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Well I for one can still see the big picture.  Yes the signings have not worked out but thats the risk you take when working on a budget that only allows signing players on 15k and less per week. Its a gamble unlike if Lambert was in a position to sign proven quality players then things would be alot more straight forward and we would be playing better football. 

To overhaul basically the whole squad on the budget he is working on is going to take longer than a season and a half and I will wait until the manager is properly backed before I judge him. If we are still playing crap football when he is allowed to sign 4 or 5 quality players then I'll be the first to call for his head but as it stands we are a work in progress and that equates to having to endure the bad times that we are going through atm.  

Try keep some faith and support the team and manager!

How many games have we won at home this calendar year?

Think we're 7 in 28 with Lambert in total, don't know about calendar year

Sure I saw on twitter we have the worst home record in european top leagues this season!

I just cant see where this ''Project'' is leading.

His signings this season are shocking,Tonev useless,Kozak scored a couple but apart from that nothing,Bacuna scored couple free kicks nothing else,Helenius not even getting a chance,I just dont know where it will end are we happy just to be a team who struggle stay up and we go again.Sorry Lambert Out!

Well I for one can still see the big picture.  Yes the signings have not worked out but thats the risk you take when working on a budget that only allows signing players on 15k and less per week. Its a gamble unlike if Lambert was in a position to sign proven quality players then things would be alot more straight forward and we would be playing better football. 

To overhaul basically the whole squad on the budget he is working on is going to take longer than a season and a half and I will wait until the manager is properly backed before I judge him. If we are still playing crap football when he is allowed to sign 4 or 5 quality players then I'll be the first to call for his head but as it stands we are a work in progress and that equates to having to endure the bad times that we are going through atm.  

I would have agreed with you a month ago but playing like we have been at home is completely indefensible. We don't even attempt to play against the league's worst teams. If this carries on then we are going down. He is tactically clueless

I saw something today that really messed my head up. As soon as the ball came towards us, our back four retreated to a man and the midfield dropped straight in front of them. Then, whichever flank they played down, our opposing full back moved into the centre of defence alongside Baker and Clark. It was then up to the wingers to drop in at full back. It was obscene because they only had one centre forward. It was clearly pre-arranged and therefore an error by the management team. Our tactics are woeful and utterly confusing. Fook knows what the players make of it all!

Edited by villarocker

it's the way we're playing that's changed my mind. He's showing me nothing other than just kicking the ball long and hoping. Lambert has been found out.

I saw something today that really messed my head up. As soon as the ball came towards us, our baby know four retreated to a man and the midfield dropped straight in front of them. Then, whichever flank they played down, our opposing full back moved into the centre of defence alongside Baker and Clark. It was the up to the wingers to drop in at full back.

It was obscene because they only had one centre forward. It was clearly pre-arranged and therefore an error by the management team.

Our tactics are woeful and utterly confusing. Fook knows what the players make of it all!

That sounds like a Kanye West lyric

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "It's a game we would have loved to have won. We're only 18 months into this project so there's a long, long way to go but that's a positive. When you're without some big players it's hard for us. I can't praise the lads enough for their effort.

"We are sitting not too bad at the moment. Last year was the toughest I have ever encountered, the results were horrendous. We knew we had to stick with it, and we never flinched from it and will not do so again."

I saw something today that really messed my head up. As soon as the ball came towards us, our baby know four retreated to a man and the midfield dropped straight in front of them. Then, whichever flank they played down, our opposing full back moved into the centre of defence alongside Baker and Clark. It was the up to the wingers to drop in at full back.

It was obscene because they only had one centre forward. It was clearly pre-arranged and therefore an error by the management team.

Our tactics are woeful and utterly confusing. Fook knows what the players make of it all!

That sounds like a Kanye West lyric

The predictive text took over! I meant back four. ;)

I'm just back from VP and I am not sure what was more disappointing the negative tripe served up on the pitch or the interview I heard with Paul Lambert on the radio on the way back. Pat Murphy interviewed him on 5 live and commented how pleased Lambert looked. In the interview he spouted some bull about how it was a years and years project, we are making progress and how there were some huge clubs below us in the league. For one I'd love to know who he thinks is a huge club below us and another I would love to know what this project is.

He has in the main signed players not up to playing in the Prem League. Not entirely his fault due to the budget. The crap style of football is down to him though. We have been dire to watch for much of the season and today was as bad as anything we have dished up. We played for a point against Swansea ffs who are one point above us in the league and the respect we showed them you would think we were playing Barcelona.

I really rated Lambert but I am starting to question my own sanity and judgement. The guy is deluded if he thinks we are making progress and he is building something worthwhile. He is building a team for the championship.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

This is de ja vu!!!

McLeish all over again!

We are by far the worst team in the league at the moment and I am now sure that Lambert no idea how to change that!

Lerner, Faulkner and Lambert are all clueless and I really wish they would all go forth and multiply away from our club! 

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "It's a game we would have loved to have won. We're only 18 months into this project so there's a long, long way to go but that's a positive. When you're without some big players it's hard for us. I can't praise the lads enough for their effort.

"We are sitting not too bad at the moment. Last year was the toughest I have ever encountered, the results were horrendous. We knew we had to stick with it, and we never flinched from it and will not do so again."

If we lose the next three, which is very possible, he will, and so will any of us that defend him, have a problem trying to convince that the project is still not doing so bad.

Enough with the "big picture" already, it's just something used to get a little more time, just like the 5 year plan nonsense.

I have about as much faith in this Lerner/Lambert project as i would have in a Tan/McLeish one.

We're in a uncontrolled tail spin

Were actually getting worse. What do they do in training?. Can't put 3 passes together in the opposition's half. Football isnt rocket science, pass the ball and move into space to retrieve it. None of our players seem to move into space to retrieve the ball. We get the basics wrong time and time again. I can accept the odd mistake when trying to pass the ball around, that's football and were all human, but to really struggle to just pass the ball to your own player is embarrassing.