Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

AVFC Problems:

Each negative has an impact on something else. For the club to get back to where we were, getting rid of Lambert probably wont be the immediate fix. Start from the top then work the way down. New owners > Better manager > Better players.

Genius! Why have we not thought of that!

I'm not trying to make it out that I'm the only person that has thought this is the solution, I'm just reading what some other people are saying who cant see the bigger picture. Plain and simply, the manager is not the SOLE problem is what I'm saying...
I agree the manager ain't the sole problem
  • Like 1

AVFC Problems:

Each negative has an impact on something else. For the club to get back to where we were, getting rid of Lambert probably wont be the immediate fix. Start from the top then work the way down. New owners > Better manager > Better players.

I'm not trying to make it out that I'm the only person that has thought this is the solution, I'm just reading what some other people are saying who cant see the bigger picture. Plain and simply, the manager is not the SOLE problem is what I'm saying...

I agree too.

But for what we witnessed on the pitch yesterday, he is the sole problem. We weren't outplayed and defeated by a megabucks top 4 side, we huffed and puffed and couldn't find a way to beat Crystal Palace, a side made up of lower league players and one of our former reserves.

• Like 1

- Promised some sort of progresion before this season, but we aren't quit seeing it, it's more the other way around. Attacking wise we are tootless, and we still can't defend. At this rate, losing to Crystal Palace, we'll be down. We are a sinking ship atm.

- After 1.5 years at the club, he still haven't a clue based on what team is our best to play, or what formation are best suited for us. It's important in modern football that a football club that want to move forward have a clear football philosophy, in how they wants to play, and what roles the players have. We don't, and it's a huge problem.

- Paul Lambert is buying cheap avarage players. Obviously with a team like ours which is avarage at best, we need to buy players Premier league standard players which can get straight in our team and strenghten our side. Paul Lambert fail to do this. Luna, KEA, Sylla, Kozak, Helenius, Westwood, aren't really good enough. So he have basically got rid of avarage players and brought in, even worse players. With a few exeptions with Vlaar and Benteke.

- Players and fans have started to lose faith in him. When this happen to any manager, its a crisis. Players doesn't seem up for it, and that shows in our recent results. To lose to Crystal Palace at home, with 1-2 shots on target throughout the whole game is truely shocking, i mean we haven't the best team in the league, i think we've figured out that so far, but we shouldn't ever play that bad anyday home to Crystal Palace.

- Worst possession stats in the league. Stats don't lie only Crystal Palace have worse possession stats than us. I know the old cliche that possession doesn't allways tell the full story, but when our players fail to do the basics, like passing a simple ball, and retaining it it becomes a huge problem. The Southampton game for me was the warning sign, they had 80 % of the ball! Thats amazing, it's ridicilous really, how we won that game, i still don't know, but it's important to see behind results, and that was the game where we hit the iceberg, and we don't have much more time now, we're sinking.

I don't know if its just me, maybe i'm being too negative here, i don't know. Im just so frustrated. Just some thoughts.

• Like 3

And still a few deluded people think he is good. Totally out if his depth - time for a change .

Are you completely incapable of making a post on Lambert without taking shots at other people?

What a strange post, did I hit a nerve? - The fact that I explained the reasoning behind the post and the fact that many others refer to those deluded few that still cling on to the hope that Lambert will become this "wonderful" manager seems to have been totally ignored by you. Plus the irony of you posting about a poster (albeit against VT rules) is actually quite funny.

Edit: I did laugh at the two people who "liked" your post also :)

Hit a nerve? Yeah sure, let's go with that. Post on poster you say? If making commentary on your post qualifies as that, then sure. 

Maybe you can explain then why this band of a few now still cling on to the forlorn hope that Lambert will turn things around? What are they seeing that now seemingly the majority don't ?

I'm not as bothered by the opinions of others, so I'm gonna have to pass on that one. You could always do the honours of course, while hopefully trying to keep the insults to a minimum. 

Whatever measure you use he is simply not good enough. The rap sheet just gets longer and longer:

Poor player purchases with the £40m he has had.

No tactical ability beyond hit and hope.

One size fits all formation.

No Plan A, B or C.

Home win record.

Overall win record.

Possession, shots, missed passes, fouls...take your pick on the stats (you have to blame the players too but what happens at BMH?).

Post match interview full of cliches and sound bites. 'We go again' is up there with 'honest bunch of lads'.

Refusal to accept any responsibility for what happens on the pitch.

Questionable coaching ability as our 'hungry young players' are actually getting worse.

I could go on.

I do believe there are better managers out there. Problem for me is I think we have employed a O'neil type manager (needs loads of money to build a team) when we should have gone for more of a tactician. OGS anyone, ok not as experienced but would have had more tactically than Lambert. We can all blame lack of funds, but where is the improvement with the players we have. Were going backwards and we can't blame Lerner for that. Whatever people say, there are gems available on the continent, Lamberts unearthed one in Benteke. So why have we not found any others. I have no idea what Lambert saw in Luna, Tonev, Bennett, Helenius to name a few, but to me that is complete inexperience on Lamberts part that he and his staff believed these players were good enough to play in the Premier League. Surely it would have been better to go for big players even if they lacked the skill at least they would be strong enough to handle Playing in this League. It stuns me really that most of the players he has bought are so light weight it seems very amateurish you would bring this type of player in the toughest League in Europe.

AVFC Problems:

I agree too.

But for what we witnessed on the pitch yesterday, he is the sole problem. We weren't outplayed and defeated by a megabucks top 4 side, we huffed and puffed and couldn't find a way to beat Crystal Palace, a side made up of lower league players and one of our former reserves.

Yesterday was a nightmare for both players and manager. Palace are a team fully backed to go down, when you cant beat them then questions do have to be asked.

Thanks KeyBlade -  I see you won't or can't explain why we should have this belief in the capabilities of Lambert - you know explaining why you think the now seemingly majority are wrong?

Rather than post on poster type insults you could offer a view on the subject?

And to "entertain" you, for me one of the reasons why Lambert has been able to continue down this path of complete and utter crap football management is exactly the free ride that we have seen him given by attitudes of certain fans. It now seems that as in the emperors new clothes story more and more are actually seeing that he is a very poor manager and stating that also.

I look forward to your response on the subject

This is his team now, and the team looks worse than McLeish's. He inherited a poor squad but it did not need gutting to the extent he took it to. His signings in the main have been awful, some of the worst players I have ever witnessed playing for our club. He has had £40m to add to it but the team looks so unbalanced, weak and cannot play on our big pitch. Really some woeful strategy by this muppet of a manager.

15 wins out of 57.....results really do speak for themselves and that is a shocking statistic.

You wonder what him and his terrible coaching staff actually do in training when the players can't even do the basics right. The players yesterday looked like they didnt even know who was on our team. And worst of all, they don't look like they care; you'd hope your players would run through walls for you, but this lot see the writing is on the wall already.

He looks totally lost on the touchline, and his demenour does not instill confidence when I see his comments on games. I don't even think he understands what is going on, or even worse, he actually thinks he is doing a good job.

His coaching staff have been abusive to fans, we don't need that awful attitude at our club. Worse still is it seems this attitude problem is rubbing off on the players. This has been a problem throughout his disastrous tenure. There is a real lack of discipline and no-one is leading from the top. We have picked up so many stupid bookings this season and suspensions really hit this club hard.

To conclude I think his legacy will be this terrible side who the next manager will have to clear out. I can also see whoever is next recalling some of our "bomb squad" to use as experience and he will get a lot more out of some of our players than the manager who I will now refer to as TSM Mk II. I will only remember this muppet of a manager through results like today, Bradford and being whipped by Chelsea. The good results have just been too few and far between. When we are as consistently awful as we have been, you just conclude that he isnt good enough and someone else can do better.

I could go on, but its too depressing.

I really like the bloke BUT

As much as I don't like Lerner he's given Lambert 40+ million most of that's been totally wasted, he would of been better off using the youth we already have, then spending that 40 million on 4 or 5 players of a better standard.

I struggle to see what Lambert and coaching staff are seeing game in game out.

MON had plan A Lamber has no plan from what I can see.

Makes weird changes which normally never work or are was to late in the game.

I can't work out if Lamber is A very very stubborn, or B he really does see something special in these players.

I don't know anymore it's just a joke, he's lost most of the fans and from where I'm sitting he's also lost the players.

I really like the bloke BUT

As much as I don't like Lerner he's given Lambert 40+ million most of that's been totally wasted, he would of been better off using the youth we already have, then spending that 40 million on 4 or 5 players of a better standard.

This x 100

Our failure to breakdown Palace yesterday typifies our current state, and the impact a new manager can have on a team. Look at Meulensteen at Fulham and even Poyet at Sunderland if you want examples. The 3 teams seemingly in "trouble" at the moment are Cardiff, West Ham and us. I can't see how things will improve under Lambert.

Yes people can point to the performances of last season but this is starting to look more like a fluke now. I have no confidence that Lambert can get the same out of Benteke when he returns. I also think there is no chance this squad will perform to the levels of last season as too many look like they can't be bothered.

He's hit the Villa Park wall, like many managers as far back as I can recall. He and his awful coaching team have taken Villa as far as they can, so it's time to give someone else another 1-2 years to see if they can take us that-little-bit-further.

If we'd signed 4 or 5 players we wouldn't have a squad. We needed more players.

We've got a squad full of dross.  As I said elsewhere, two decent full backs would be infinitely preferable to the four appalling ones we have now.  We could have kept Lichaj as back up, as while he wasn't up to much, he was at least good as any of the four players we have there now.

• Like 1