Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Andre Villa Boas

Steve Clarke

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I'd be happy with one of the above three.

Avb? Why? He's succeeded at one job where he inherited an insanely good squad, and failed at his next two jobs.

So judging by what you are saying Brendan Rodgers failed at Reading & Watford which he did, but then went on to be better at Swansea and Liverpool after Reading & Watford he probably had no right to get Swansea job but did somehow and gained reputation since then after failing twice before... AVB had too many people controlling him at Chelsea (Abramovich) and Spurs (Levy & Baldini) he needs to be his own man like when he won quadruple at Porto... He is a very talented young manager and far better than Lambert

Ok if you don't judge managers off their failures and successes what do you judge them off of? We could hire Steve Kean, just because he failed at Blackburn he could succeed at a different job, but no one would be for that. Avb has really had 1 good year of management in his career, but that came in Portugal with a side (Moutinho, Hulk, Falcao) that even I could've probably won the title managing. (and i know nothing)Yes, he won the Europa League, but that involved going out of the Champions League in the group stage, so even that wasn't that amazing. Then he went to Chlesea and failed, and Spurs and failed, because he's very tactically rigid and only really has one way of playing. (A way that wouldn't fit Villa's squad at all) 

yes there will be rare cases of managers failing a few times then doing well, but like I said, if you don't judge managers off successes and failures, what do you judge them by? hairstyle?

AVB is only 36 which is extremely young by managerial standards. I don't even think he did that badly at Chelsea. He was charged with implementing a new philosophy and clearing out the senior players. The said senior players as a result turned on him.

That was my first visit to VP for the season and it was shocking and in the Doug the atmosphere was pretty toxic before the goal.

IMO if Lambert was at any other club he would have been sacked now.

If he was at another club he'd of had more money to spend though, so that's not really a comparison. Keeping villa up on the current budget is an accomplishment.

• Like 1

Lambert is serving up worse football than McLeish without the defensive solidness. I accepted it last season because he tried to do it in the right way, now hes resorted to hoofball and its shocking.

If he was McLeish the fans would have been screaming for him to go ages ago, its been awful for months. Need to take a leaf out of Southamptons book, they sacked Adkins when he was just doing an okay job and look how far they have come.

Change it now, dont wait until we are 19th in the league.

Can we stop talking about our difficult start now?

Another Yuletide embarrassment, the bloke has had enough chances and needs to go immediately.  Utterly bereft of ideas and ability, he's much worse than even McLeish, which is about the only thing of note that he's achieved.

Anybody who makes claims that any manager is worse than McLeish is grossly exaggerating, is clearly far too emotional to think clearly and losses any argument immediately.

Do you think the football we are playing is better than anything we played under McLeish?

Are you talking about over the last 5 games, or the last 50 games?

McLeish had done nothing to prove he could put together a decent side whereas Lambert guided us to safety last season in what was always going to be an incredibly difficult season. The football for the last few months has not been of a good standard but it was similar last season when we were losing 8-0, 4-0 and then turned it around in the new year.

People are over-reacting to the latest blip. I'm not surprised, it's the nature of most football fans but changing the manager won't change the fortunes for us... only changing the owner will do that.

This is wholely Lerners fault, not Lamberts.

Oh do get over yourself old boy.  The only "blip" has been the odd game where we've actually looked remotely look a football team.  Lambert has turned us into the worst footballing side in the division, so yes, he is worse than McLeish.  Lambert's whole tenure has been an unmitigated disaster, and it only seems to be getting worse.  A year and a half in, and he's bought a whole load of dross for £40m+, and has shown a level of ability to coach them into an effective unit that would embarrass an under sevens dad.

Like the manager think he will do a great job for us. My opinion, won't call anyone deluded for having a different opinion than me

And what about the job he's currently doing?

it's a project john, no one said it would be done within 18 months we're in the middle of a transition here. If it was so easy as to be done within 18 months then you or I could be a premier manager

I'd like AVB

Seriously why??

read my response above, he is a good, young manager

He's a failure. An expensive mistake by Chelsea and Spurs.

Yes and what's more he is a charlatan who has now been found out, he won't get another job in this country. 

Chelsea and Spurs fans are both glad to see the back of him and are counting the cost of his short spells at those clubs. 

we're in the middle of a transition here

Transition to what exactly?

We must be the only club in the PL that has been under transition for over 5+ seasons, it's getting ridiculous.

I can accept transition if there is progress, there is no progress over the seasons at all; just going backwards.

This is to be blamed on the club as a whole from chairman to manager, they have failed to move this club further on season on season.

From the comments in this article: http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/dec/26/aston-villa-paul-lambert

Nice to see this being addressed. Villa were rubbish last year and some adopted a "just you wait and see" stance, despite there not being any evidence that better things were imminent.

Sure enough, halfway through the following season and they're still pretty poor.

I've nothing against Villa whatsoever, and they have the makings of a decent team, but the players aren't turning up and/or Lambert just isn't that good a manager.

And this one:

Completely agree. Much was made of the team's youth as though it was inevitable that several of the side would develop into impressive Premier League performers. Benteke aside, they won't. These are players of about 22/23, not 18 or 19; the dye is pretty much cast and I wouldn't expect much improvement at all. 

I don't think it's a case of the players not turning up for Lambert but simply that they're not good enough. There's a desperate lack of quality throughout the squad and as the article alludes to, they've been dreadful to watch all season. Their only weapon is pace on the break and there's not a single creative passer on the books.

• Like 1