The R word

villanwesty88

We will get a draw minimum. Is it enough?

Not really imo. Fulham are the most likely to catch us up IMO. To do that they need two wins. A draw wont help us if that happens.

Depends if you think we can hold out for another draw against Man City or Spurs.

2 draws from the remaining games will see us safe.

If all the teams around us lose and we at least draw are we safe?

Yes

• Like 1

We will get a draw minimum. Is it enough?

Not really imo. Fulham are the most likely to catch us up IMO. To do that they need two wins. A draw wont help us if that happens.

Depends if you think we can hold out for another draw against Man City or Spurs.

2 draws from the remaining games will see us safe.

If all the teams around us lose and we at least draw are we safe?

Yes

I suppose us not having to 'win' will go in our favour as I can't see us coping under pressure and the other teams around us are just as bad as us

For those wanting a fun bet on this weekend's results, why not go for:

Villa home win v Hull

Fulham away win at Stoke

Sunderland away win at Man Utd

Arsenal home win v WBA

Norwich away win at Chelsea

If all those results come in, you get:

* Huge winnings.

* Safety for Villa

* Instead of worrying about our inevitable thrashing at Man City next Wednesday, a chance to sit back and enjoy West Brom's relegation battle at Sunderland instead.

Alternatively, if all that seems too unlikely, you could just go for:

Villa home win v Hull

Fulham away win at Stoke

Arsenal home win v WBA

With this you get:

* Much smaller winnings, but a much better chance of it actually happening

* Villa safe

* West Brom still in trouble on the last day if they lose at Sunderland

For those wanting a fun bet on this weekend's results, why not go for:

Villa home win v Hull

Fulham away win at Stoke

Sunderland away win at Man Utd

Arsenal home win v WBA

Norwich away win at Chelsea

If all those results come in, you get:

* Huge winnings.

* Safety for Villa

* Instead of worrying about our inevitable thrashing at Man City next Wednesday, a chance to sit back and enjoy West Brom's relegation battle at Sunderland instead.

Alternatively, if all that seems too unlikely, you could just go for:

Villa home win v Hull

Fulham away win at Stoke

Arsenal home win v WBA

With this you get:

* Much smaller winnings, but a much better chance of it actually happening

* Villa safe

* West Brom still in trouble on the last day if they lose at Sunderland

What about the alternative, if they all win but Villa lose, meaning not only are you depressed about our impending relegation but now you've also lost money?

• Like 1

If you want a very good chance of having at least something to be cheerful about, just bet on a Fulham win.

That way you'll probably either win some money or see Villa safe this weekend. And if Villa defy the odds and actually beat the mighty Hull while Fulham are winning at Stoke, you could even get both.

I said "probably"... surprise results for Norwich and/or Cardiff could still leave you out of pocket and depressed.

Stoke and Fulham have had a win a draw and a loss in their last 3 games.

Newcastle havent won for ............

Norwich and Sunderland will lose for sure, cause Chelski need to win in case Liverpool slip up and ManUre are staging a revival under Giggs.

If you want a very good chance of having at least something to be cheerful about, just bet on a Fulham win.

That way you'll probably either win some money or see Villa safe this weekend. And if Villa defy the odds and actually beat the mighty Hull while Fulham are winning at Stoke, you could even get both.

I said "probably"... surprise results for Norwich and/or Cardiff could still leave you out of pocket and depressed.

Villa are playing which means you're going to be out of pocket and depressed either way.

• Like 1

Is this season worst then the Mcleish one in 2012?

That depends on who you are asking.

If you just base it on facts then yes it is.

After 35 games under McLeish we were on 36 points with a better goal difference.

Surprised it's taken so long to dust this bad boy off and get Al Pacino back in for the annual relegation scrap team-talk;

That's just got me well and truly up for it, same feeling as West Ham away 3 years ago and Sunderland last season - let's do 'em Villa boys, forget everybody else and get the Holte rocking like we know it should!

• Like 3

Is this season worst then the Mcleish one in 2012?

That depends on who you are asking.

If you just base it on facts then yes it is.

After 35 games under McLeish we were on 36 points with a better goal difference.

And we ended with 38 from 38, so 3 points needed to match the McLeish season, 4 to beat it!

How about just turning up and supporting your club rather than suggesting fans be gambling fodder?

• Like 2

How about just turning up and supporting your club rather than suggesting fans be gambling fodder?

He makes a good point though - it's always good to take out an insurance bet. I'll win hundreds if we go down although that's obviously one bet I don't want to win.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1