The R word

villanwesty88

Following a trip to Fulham vs. Villa for Ecks first game I decided thereafter I'd give no money to Lerner until he sold us or brought in a man that had football at the forefront of the identity of the club. That hasn't happened but given the grave situation our club face I'm going to be there to support the team on Saturday... either that or I'll spoon my eyes out by way of relief.

Regardless of our current predicament, get behind the team and believe in 3 points on Saturday

Just don't be shocked when people who have been spending a lot of time and money on watching absolute shite every week don't share that same opinion. :P

Following a trip to Fulham vs. Villa for Ecks first game I decided thereafter I'd give no money to Lerner until he sold us or brought in a man that had football at the forefront of the identity of the club. That hasn't happened but given the grave situation our club face I'm going to be there to support the team on Saturday... either that or I'll spoon my eyes out by way of relief.Regardless of our current predicament, get behind the team and believe in 3 points on Saturday

Just don't be shocked when people who have been spending a lot of time and money on watching absolute shite every week don't share that same opinion. :P

Full of admiration for those of you that could stick it out, mine is a personal gripe with Lerner and what he's done to our club. Hard to believe let alone watch

I'm pretty sure the fans will get behind the team of saturday, because they are our only hope of a brighter future, with or without them.

When that whistle goes Lambert and Lerner will be irrelevant....the future of our club is at stake.

The quality of football is there for all to see, but saturday is not a time for looking back, we must look forward.

We simply owe it to ourselves.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Great news Telegraph reporting the players have clauses in contracts to give them pay cuts if we go down ,,,

So they do have something to play for.

Which makes it all the more puzzling that they have been serving up such rubbish, lifeless football. (I suppose they did try a bit harder against Swansea but that just exposed our lack of creativity in midfield and cutting edge up front.)

Great news Telegraph reporting the players have clauses in contracts to give them pay cuts if we go down ,,,

So they do have something to play for.

Which makes it all the more puzzling that they have been serving up such rubbish, lifeless football. (I suppose they did try a bit harder against Swansea but that just exposed our lack of creativity in midfield and cutting edge up front.)

Don't forget about our inability to defend basic situations.

They have it in them. 

We had a back line of Bennett, Baker, Vlaar and Bacuna against Chelsea. They were all very good and made the Chelsea attack look poor. We had a lot of fight in midfield and sure Benteke played, but he wasn't particularly good in that game. This side can win games. Let's just hope they can show in the one that will likely matter the most. Show some fight, show some bottle, make them Hull players 2nd guess every challenge with one eye on the Cup Final.

• Like 3

They have it in them. 

We had a back line of Bennett, Baker, Vlaar and Bacuna against Chelsea. They were all very good and made the Chelsea attack look poor. We had a lot of fight in midfield and sure Benteke played, but he wasn't particularly good in that game. This side can win games. Let's just hope they can show in the one that will likely matter the most. Show some fight, show some bottle, make them Hull players 2nd guess every challenge with one eye on the Cup Final.

I thought benteke was tremendous against chelsea. granted he missed a few chances, but he held the ball up well, and gave the chelsea defence plenty to worry about ....a lot more than feel Hull will have to worry on Saturday.

I will be @ VP saturday - but feel our fate will be decided at the Brittania staduim....

Edited by smetrov
  • Like 1

They have it in them. 

I thought benteke was tremendous against chelsea. granted he missed a few chances, but he held the ball up well, and gave the chelsea defence plenty to worry about ....a lot more than feel Hull will have to worry on Saturday.

I will be @ VP saturday - but feel our fate will be decided at the Brittania staduim....

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly then.

I agree with you in regards to where our fate will likely be sealed, at the Brittania and Sellhurst. I think Stoke will beat Fulham on Saturday, the likes of Arnautovic and Odemwingie will have too much on the counter, especially with Fulham 1) going for it and 2) being so incredibly awful at the back.

They have it in them. 

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly then.

I agree with you in regards to where our fate will likely be sealed, at the Brittania and Sellhurst. I think Stoke will beat Fulham on Saturday, the likes of Arnautovic and Odemwingie will have too much on the counter, especially with Fulham 1) going for it and 2) being so incredibly awful at the back.

Yep - Stoke don't loose many at home - and hopefully will want to send there fans out on a high.  I do think Fulham will beat Crystal Palace the following Sunday though - so this [stoke v Fulham]  match holds the key to our season

They have it in them. 

Even a very poor golfer hits a fantastic shot - or has a decent round. They key is those that can do it week in - week out. We were fantastic against chelsea - however the overall picture is of a group of very limited players - who most weeks can not perform at the required level.

• Like 1

We will get a draw minimum. Is it enough?

Not really imo. Fulham are the most likely to catch us up IMO. To do that they need two wins. A draw wont help us if that happens. 

Depends if you think we can hold out for another draw against Man City or Spurs.

2 draws from the remaining games will see us safe.  

Not really imo. Fulham are the most likely to catch us up IMO. To do that they need two wins. A draw wont help us if that happens.

Depends if you think we can hold out for another draw against Man City or Spurs.

If all the teams around us lose and we at least draw are we safe?

Edited by dakid007

If all the teams around us lose and we at least draw are we safe?

If all the teams around us lose and we lose, we're safe.

• Like 2